11 x 14 or A4 photos for group opps

WillGinger81

2 minutes ago, WillGinger81 said:

I think for the group shots it would be great to get larger prints of our photos as the current size we get just doesn't do them justice. Would SM consider getting printers dedicated to producing larger group prints please? 

Probably not 3 weeks before the event.  Also if it's just to have a larger copy you can buy the jpegs after and get them printed in a larger size if you want.

Edited by Raylenth

11 minutes ago, WillGinger81 said:

Are the jpegs of a high enough quality where we can expand them without pixellation? Considering there are only 2 group shoots I think it's a reasonably attainable request 

I just don't think they will spend loads of money for new printers for a couple of group shots.  Maybe it's something they will consider for the future but I'd assume they will be the standard 6x9's.

I don't actually know what the jpec specs are I'm afraid.

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I just don't think they will spend loads of money for new printers for a couple of group shots.  Maybe it's something they will consider for the future but I'd assume they will be the standard 6x9's.

I don't actually know what the jpec specs are I'm afraid.

They are 5760x3840. Should be sufficient to scale up to that size.

• Thanks 1

Guys, you're getting confused between the settings on the image and what happens when you print them out, the jpegs on the website are fine for A4 sized prints if you want the whole image.

For the example above of a 5760 x 3840 image, an A4 print (~12 x 9 inches) would print out at over 450 dpi. at 72 dpi the image would be over 5 feet across.

Even the lowest resolution images available on the website (2400 x 1600) would be ~200 dpi at A4 size.

16 hours ago, Astro_Nut said:

Guys, you're getting confused between the settings on the image and what happens when you print them out, the jpegs on the website are fine for A4 sized prints if you want the whole image.

For the example above of a 5760 x 3840 image, an A4 print (~12 x 9 inches) would print out at over 450 dpi. at 72 dpi the image would be over 5 feet across.

Even the lowest resolution images available on the website (2400 x 1600) would be ~200 dpi at A4 size.

Whenever I've attempted to print an image with a high resolution but low dpi it's come out very pixellated so I'm not really sure how your theory works

On 9/29/2018 at 8:36 PM, Astro_Nut said:

I can verify this. I printed off several images I bought in size A4 and it worked fine.