Great Guests experiences

SamA96

Alicia Witt was really lovely in 2017. Hope she comes back again cos missed the gig she did when she was over got LFCC so want to catch her next time. Maybe this is something Showmasters could think about if there are other acting guests who are also musicians. Could have a gig after the con on the sat night.

Edited by gobo1979uk
typo
  • Like 1

Sylvester McCoy is funny, sweet & such an amiable guy. During his Q&A he left the stage & wandered about the crowd taking questions from the fans himself. In fact all the Dcotor Whos I've met have been nice to chat with (both Bakers, McCoy, Smith, Davison & McGann).

John Rhys-Davies is likewise a very nice person. Took time to chat with fans & seemed genuinely interested in what they had to say.

• Like 5

On 2/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, gobo1979uk said:

Alicia Witt was really lovely in 2017. Hope she comes back again cos missed the gig she did when she was over got LFCC so want to catch her next time. Maybe this is something Showmasters could think about if there are other acting guests who are also musicians. Could have a gig after the con on the sat night.

Yeah I wish I had got into London a little earlier and saw her live on stage singing. If she tours musically again I imagine she will tie that onto a convention again as hey its win win that way.

I love meeting big guests but most of the time, the smaller guests are the best ones. They have much more time to talk and are much happier if someone show interest in their work.

I've met John Leeson 3 times by now and I still booked a photo op for july. He's a great guy, always having a laugh, he recognized me last time as "that one guy from Belgium" who came to the UK for a few hours just to meet him. 

Alan Harris was one of the first guests I've ever met and his signature was 5 euros. He looked lonely at his table so I bought one of those Bossk pops and got his signature and he looked so happy when I came to him. He asked me if I wanted a selfie and of course I did want one. He's the one that got me into collecting signatures (and star wars pops).

Alyson Hannigan and Cobie Smuders also have a special place in my memories for being so kind and for being exactly the way I imagined them to be. 

And of course David Tennant, Peter Capaldi, Matt Lucas and John Barrowman who are one the nicest and funniest people I've met to this day.

• Like 1

Except my obvious one I would like to name a few of many that was a pure joy to meet.

Mike Quinn: What a guy! One of those you could sit for hours and just listen to, so many fun stories to tell. His signing on the photo is one of my favourites.

Guy Henry: Class, and told me lots of stories from HBO’s Rome. Love to meet him again.

Ellie Kendrick: One of those that made me smile straight away, charming and so patient. We had a good long talk about pretty much everything, late on the day so it was calm.

Veronica Cartwright: So many stories to tell, patient and fun. Gave me some of the best photographing lessons.

Amber Rose Revah: She asked me more questions than I was ready for, panic for a second so I would be able to give the best answers I could give on my second language. A very warm and kind person.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Zachery Levi was incredibly nice, even though he had a cue I still got the chance to have a chat with me, very down to earth... also complimented me on my scottish accent :D

john Carroll Lynch tho, what a gentleman talked for about 5 minutes and wrote quite a lot for my autograph by far the nicest guy I’ve met at any con

• Like 1

My best guest experience so far, was back in March with Tom Baker, (the 4th person in line as he arrived) and he was such a lovely man, lovely conversation and i gave him a pack of jelly babies then gave me HIS PEN!!!! 

Edited by Dr.1963
  • Like 2

My standouts are Danny Trejo, Jason Mewes and Costas. 

Danny is so open and friendly, also a great hugger.

Jason is very funny and spent the whole time making everyone laugh.

Costas is brilliant! Very sweet and funny, great hugger and really honest.

Best guest experience, so many to choose from.  Only started going to these last year, I'm now addicted.  Have to say Meat Loaf was awesome, wrestling commentator Jim Ross was so sweet and humble when I told him I thought he was awesome.  However, top of my list is the wonderful Bernard Cribbins who I met at Comicon Spring this year.  What an absolute gentleman, awesome sense of humour.  When I told him I thought he was awesome, he picked up his bottle of water and went to throw it at me, then realised what I'd said and responded with "Oh that's ok then, I was going to throw this at you because I thought you were going to say I was awful".  At the photo shoot with him I had a "I am the one who knocks" t-shirt on, which he thought was brilliant. As I was leaving I apologised if I was about to be inappropriate but was going to do it anyway, and gave him a kiss on the cheek, which brought a wonderfully big smile to his face.  Planning on seeing him again in the summer to get the photograph signed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Agreeing with everyone else that Mads is LOVELY. Saw him for a photo op and he had me posing for it and showing off my cosplay, and then another time I just went to say hi cos his desk was empty for once. I hadn’t paid anything to see him so fully expected to be turned away by his PA but Mads chatted with me and, when I asked what he was reading, showed me that he had printed out and stapled together a Fannibal essay. Like an actual fan written essay that he was halfway through reading. Really lovely, down to earth guy and very engaging. 

Zachary Levi was also a dear when I met him. Was playing action figures with the kid and his parents in front of me in the queue and then when I got there he said “Hi, I’m Zach!” with a big grin (as if I hadn’t come to con just to see him!!) and asked my name, complimented my cosplay. Really is as sweet as he seems! 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I've written about it before but at LFCC 2017 I got a photo with William Regal, and then went and queued up to get it signed by him. Me and my wife both queued but she darted to the side at the front of the queue to photograph me meeting him. I was really nervous to ask if he would record a short video message for me to play at my fellow wrestling buddy's wedding of which I was best man literally the following Friday after the con. To my relief he was 100% happy to do it, ask for their names and recorded a short and funny message which went down amazingly during my best man speech. After I thanked him profusely, he even took the time to turn to my wife who was a good few metres to the side and said thanks / bye to her too! Absolute legend - was buzzing for days afterwards!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tiff said:

Mads chatted with me and, when I asked what he was reading, showed me that he had printed out and stapled together a Fannibal essay. Like an actual fan written essay that he was halfway through reading.

It wasn't one of them dirty Hannigram fan fiction things that @Raylenth likes was it?

Love reading all te other great guest expereinces makes meeting people so much more exciting.

Had so many great guest experiences some I will never forget even when Im old and grey :lol:

Daniel Portman- So sweet and lovely gave me a massive hug once got to the front of my queue my friend had attached a birthday ballon to me to find me, he was so chatty and interactive

Russell Tovey - got to see him on both days and he grabbed me picked me and swang me round he now remebers me at otjer interactions I have seen him

Misha Collions - let me play twister with him in my photo op so thats pretty awesome for me

Dean cain - I have loved this man since the beginning of time okay since I was a kid and saw him in superman and one of the main reasons Im still single lol. Reall makes time for everyone when signing he sent me a birthday video when I was 30 and jokey hit me up for a date (I totally would if was on offer) saw him again this year and he remembered me again so yah

Tom Baker- I love that man i want to take him home and make him so tea he

David Bradley - Really does have a great sense of humour and likes to chat very funny told him he made me cry on his documentry he did on the first doctor, he grabbed my hand and said thank you

TJ Thyne - that man can melt hearts and other things lol i leave it at that :lol:

Peter Dinkerage - Chatted for ages with me and my friend and made jokes about the GOT series I picked up a phot to be signed of him on a naked lady I was the first to pick that up of the day, he joked that it was me and hi in the scene and what great fun we would have had, I felt like a giddy teenager coming away from that

David Tennnat - Hes gorgeous and sexy and I was so happy when he let me bring my cardboard cut of him into my photo op and he pretended to jump out from behind it what a great shot I have.

I could go on oopps I have been to so many now I just love them all

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

Love reading all te other great guest expereinces makes meeting people so much more exciting.

Had so many great guest experiences some I will never forget even when Im old and grey :lol:

Daniel Portman- So sweet and lovely gave me a massive hug once got to the front of my queue my friend had attached a birthday ballon to me to find me, he was so chatty and interactive

Russell Tovey - got to see him on both days and he grabbed me picked me and swang me round he now remebers me at otjer interactions I have seen him

Misha Collions - let me play twister with him in my photo op so thats pretty awesome for me

Dean cain - I have loved this man since the beginning of time okay since I was a kid and saw him in superman and one of the main reasons Im still single lol. Reall makes time for everyone when signing he sent me a birthday video when I was 30 and jokey hit me up for a date (I totally would if was on offer) saw him again this year and he remembered me again so yah

Tom Baker- I love that man i want to take him home and make him so tea he

David Bradley - Really does have a great sense of humour and likes to chat very funny told him he made me cry on his documentry he did on the first doctor, he grabbed my hand and said thank you

TJ Thyne - that man can melt hearts and other things lol i leave it at that :lol:

Peter Dinkerage - Chatted for ages with me and my friend and made jokes about the GOT series I picked up a phot to be signed of him on a naked lady I was the first to pick that up of the day, he joked that it was me and hi in the scene and what great fun we would have had, I felt like a giddy teenager coming away from that

David Tennnat - Hes gorgeous and sexy and I was so happy when he let me bring my cardboard cut of him into my photo op and he pretended to jump out from behind it what a great shot I have.

I could go on oopps I have been to so many now I just love them all

Have you ever met any women?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Have you ever met any women?

I have actually Terri hatcher was also awesome really sweet some of the female guests I have meet have been a little more reserved especally if its there first con they dont normally chat as much I get it must be hard I find the guy guests are moire out going

I'm mostly a gamer at heart so most of my meets are known for their voice acting work and working on video games. However, some of my favourite meets are..

Liam O'Brien - He was nice enough to pull off one of his character voices on my Camcorder for me.

Peter Capaldi - I was lucky enough to get more time with him as the camera broke before I had my photo taken.

Nobuo Uematsu & Hironobu Sakaguchi - Not very good at English. However, just being able to meet these 2 who contributed to creating my all time favourite video game (Final Fantasy VIII) was a childhood dream come true for me.

I have had tons more good guest experiences but those are probably my top ones.

WIll keep it short but sweet..I know that if you keep me writing.. lists like these will go on forever..

Kevin Guthrie: Very funny guy who told me this and that about future Fantastic Beasts. Could talk for ages with him.

Lisanne Falk: Very cool and calm person. We went down memory lane and talked all things 80's. She won a big heart that day.

Tala Ashe: We talked about how people always get names wrong and othere things. So very sweet!! A pure and bright highlight! ^_^

Jack Gleeson: We talked Sweden, he has been here a number of times for the nature. I gave him a few ideas on where to go. Great guy!! Could have talked longer.

Alicia Vikander: (non-SM) I dont meet too many from my own country and that makes it feel strange to talk in swedish at situations like these, her and Mads only ones so far.

Georgia Hirst: (non-SM) Funny and love to talk. Told me all kinds of fun things from "Vikings". I hope SM will get her to one of its events one day because she is a pure delight.

Kevin Sussman: (non-SM) Always a thrill to meet someone from Big Bang Theory. And I have to admit one of my favourites in the show. Very cool guy and fun.

Mark Williams: Two favouries shows in one. Harry Potter and Father Brown, not often it happens (Geneiveve Gaunt will be next this year). Mark is a legend! Love to meet again.

Tom Wilson: Biff Tannen!! Really do not need to say more. And he is a great artist as well. I got him to knock my head and say "hello!" :D Such a great guy.

Katheryn Winnick: (non-SM) A total delight! Lagertha in "Vikings" is very high up on my chart of favourite meetings ever, even though it was short and sweet a memory forever, love to meet her again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

WIll keep it short but sweet..I know that if you keep me writing.. lists like these will go on forever..

Kevin Guthrie: Very funny guy who told me this and that about future Fantastic Beasts. Could talk for ages with him.

Lisanne Falk: Very cool and calm person. We went down memory lane and talked all things 80's. She won a big heart that day.

Tala Ashe: We talked about how people always get names wrong and othere things. So very sweet!! A pure and bright highlight! ^_^

Jack Gleeson: We talked Sweden, he has been here a number of times for the nature. I gave him a few ideas on where to go. Great guy!! Could have talked longer.

Alicia Vikander: (non-SM) I dont meet too many from my own country and that makes it feel strange to talk in swedish at situations like these, her and Mads only ones so far.

Georgia Hirst: (non-SM) Funny and love to talk. Told me all kinds of fun things from "Vikings". I hope SM will get her to one of its events one day because she is a pure delight.

Kevin Sussman: (non-SM) Always a thrill to meet someone from Big Bang Theory. And I have to admit one of my favourites in the show. Very cool guy and fun.

Mark Williams: Two favouries shows in one. Harry Potter and Father Brown, not often it happens (Geneiveve Gaunt will be next this year). Mark is a legend! Love to meet again.

Tom Wilson: Biff Tannen!! Really do not need to say more. And he is a great artist as well. I got him to knock my head and say "hello!" :D Such a great guy.

Katheryn Winnick: (non-SM) A total delight! Lagertha in "Vikings" is very high up on my chart of favourite meetings ever, even though it was short and sweet a memory forever, love to meet her again.

Great list Chris1970, I just want to add to your story about Tom Wilson, when I met him I asked him to call me a butthead:lol: and he happily obliged and said instantly, “Get lost butthead, make like a tree and get outta here” amazing guy, well worth meeting if anyone ever gets the chance 

• Thanks 1

My top guest experiences include:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan- During my photo with him I asked if me and my cousin could kneel down in front of him while he stood behind me with Lucille. I couldn't get the words out but when I finally did he was more than happy to do it.

Kiefer Sutherland- Was very friendly and took the time to talk to everyone. I even brought a copy of his latest CD for my mum's present and he signed it for her and wrote Happy Birthday on it.

Ross Marquand- Gave everyone he met a welcome and a goodbye hug, and spent ages with everyone. I talked to him a lot about Red Skull and what it was like taking over from Hugo Weaving.

Zachary Levi- So full of energy and asked about where I was from and how long I had traveled for. Spoke a bit about what is Shazam joined the Justice League.

Michael Madsen- Very friendly and spoke about what it was like on the set of Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. He showed me is jacket from the set which had the logo on it, and told me about how he broke his leg on set. He joked he was doing one of his own stunts.

David Harbour- Was an absolute pleasure to meet. Very friendly and was telling me how people would love Season 3 of Stranger Things, and how shocking it was.

Caity Lotz- Very friendly and agreed to do a back to back spy pose with me, with us both pretending our hands were guns.

Warwick Davis- The first celebrity I met a long time ago when he did conventions. More than happy to sign anything and have a chat with everyone.

• Like 1