Colin Baker

Lawrance

4 hours ago, SamA96 said:

The man is a convention legend.

Quite right, i love Colin baker! One of the classics, nice and cheap, great to talk to and SHORT queues. Show masters, Peter capaldi's queue was an absolute discrace, i know he was very popular but by 6 o clock they didn't even finish the diamond passes. You need to do something about it, like a few hours for the virtual queue holders PLEASE.

26 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

You need to do something about it, like a few hours for the virtual queue holders PLEASE.

Only problem with that is that grabbing a Virtual Queue ticket never guarantees an autograph. The only guarantee of meeting someone for an auto is by getting a Diamond Pass, which is what people did with Peter Capaldi.

Edited by wjbleming

15 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Only problem with that is that grabbing a Virtual Queue ticket never guarantees an autograph. The only guarantee of meeting someone for an auto is by getting a Diamond Pass, which is what people did with Peter Capaldi.

Well, i understand BUT on saturday FYI the only day of 2018 for me, they did NOT call ANY vq tickets, just saying

15 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

Well, i understand BUT on saturday FYI the only day of 2018 for me, they did NOT call ANY vq tickets, just saying

And it was the same for Sunday. It was Diamonds only for the whole weekend for Peter as they were guaranteed his autograph as well as him being so popular.

2 hours ago, Dr.1963 said:

Quite right, i love Colin baker! One of the classics, nice and cheap, great to talk to and SHORT queues. Show masters, Peter capaldi's queue was an absolute discrace, i know he was very popular but by 6 o clock they didn't even finish the diamond passes. You need to do something about it, like a few hours for the virtual queue holders PLEASE.

Also the whole point of Diamond passes is that you are paying for priority access, if I have a diamond I would be extremely annoyed to be denied access because they were prioritising VQ's

1 hour ago, Dr.1963 said:

Some guests are chatty and slow signers, there's nothing you can do about that and they possibly won't get to see any VQ's.  It's the way it is.  It sucks if they don't get to any or many VQ's but to be honest without the Diamonds you would still have struggled to see him.  Everyone would get there at dark o'clock three weeks prior to get low VQ's and he still wouldn't have got through many so someone with a ticket of 150 say, who had hope, may have still been completely out of the running.  Look at Peter Weller, he barely got beyond 100 VQ's.

Edited by Raylenth

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Everyone would get there at dark o'clock three weeks prior to get low VQ's and he still wouldn't have got through many so someone with a ticket of 150 say, who had hope, may have still been completely out of the running.

That's what we used to do. I could see by how Peter spends time doing doodles etc for fans overseas he wouldn't be one to be rushed. Still its interesting all the pre-orders for the Doctors appeared to get signed. So getting the pre-ordered autographs took priority over virtual, and as it was a close thing for some diamond holders, pre-orders must have got done ahead of some of them too.

• 4 weeks later...