Guest suggestions for next year

carnosoul

On 19 June 2019 at 1:18 PM, charliechuck71 said:

why are there less than 20 guests? and only from game of thrones, Dr who and star wars?

Because it's a regional show and it'll be due to scheduling and availability. The majority of guests announced for the regional shows would be UK based. :smile:

7 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Because it's a regional show and it'll be due to scheduling and availability. The majority of guests announced for the regional shows would be UK based. :smile:

And we've been going through this every year, and more than once. The explanation will never change to "oh, Jason was just waiting for the 100th person to ask before announcing Harrison Ford." ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guys, my explanation was the very last post in the thread.

Comparing Glasgow to LFCC will never work. Glasgow is a smaller regional show. Guest additions are always possible even to the last minute. But if you expect David Hasselhoff, Robert Englund, Lena Headey, Norman Reedus and Hayden Christensen all at Glasgow, and even at the same time you might find yourself disappointed. 

We go through this every year, and a lot of times it is the same people asking. I swear to you the answer I've given above is not going to change out of the blue.

Last warning seeing my other post has not helped one bit despite me taking the time to explain again.

Complaints about the guest list are generally deleted, no matter which event. These are unfair and rude towards the attending guests to begin with. Do we have more post removals in the Glasgow section than let's say LFCC? Unfortunately yes. But mods (and other users kindly jumping in) can't do more than explain over and over again. If you still feel the need to get rude after 2 explanations unfortunately the mods have to consider other steps.  

Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld, True Blood, The Wrestler, Mildred Pierce & Thirteen)
Jack Plotnick (Reno 911, Drawn Together, Buffy, The Mentalist, Joan of Arcadia & Ellen)
Robin Tunney (The Mentalist, Prison Break, The Craft & End of Days)
Larry Bagby (Hocus Pocus, Young & Restless & Buffy)
Lindy Booth (The Librarians, Kick Ass 2, Dawn of the Dead, 4400 & Cry Wolf)
Rachel Bilson (Hart of Dixie, The O.C., Chuck, Jumper, Nashville, Take Two & How I Met Your Mother)

Already getting in my list for next year - although there's a lot of wild ideas of who I'd love to see, and I know there's a lot of considerations that play into guest suggestions but I'm gonna play in something a tad more sensible (and perhaps more realistic?) than my usual by giving a suggestion of a guest that has appeared for every prior year. Sort of a "Great Returns/Greatest Hits" suggestion list...

CM1 - Nicholas Briggs: this is totally sentimental for me. CG1 was my first con and given all Nick does with Big Finish, there's certainly a lot more that could be covered in a talk now, and a lot more for me to praise him for!

CM2 - Nicholas Brendon: still quite a frequent con guest and sure to pull in Criminal Minds fans now as well as us Buffy ones.

CM3 - Georgia Tennant (formerly Moffett): lovely woman and great in Who and Merlin. Given she's related to Davison, perhaps even could get both? 

CM4/2009 - Robert Picardo: okay, yeah maybe this one is a little bit more wild of an ask these days as he's surely quite busy but honestly, I'm still blown away that he was here ten years ago and it would be super to meet him. (Thinking about this, Brendon and Picardo - just need a McCoy and you'd have an Inspector SpaceTime joke ready to go :P) 

CM 2010 - Hamish Wilson: iirc he's quite local so would probs be less of an issue on transport/travel costs side for SM and he would defo be much appreciated by us Whovians that missed out on him that year. As I've heard, he was popular that year as well as at signings done when the Mind Robber DVD came out so... And he's also a fascinating man in general.

CM 2011 - Robert Llewellyn: need I say anything? charming guy and it's always great to see him and catch up with him again!

CM 2012 - Sarah Douglas: wonderful career to draw upon... Superman, Space 1999, Babylon 5, Stargate and a few DC TV appearances as well. And of course, V. Every year, I hear people clamour for a V guest (Sometimes, I'm hearing myself in that crowd too admittedly).

CM 2013 - Honestly, any of them, there was such a good run that year. Englund, Llewellyn, Warner, Jayston, Johns, Shaban, Myles, Melling... Too hard to pick.

CM 2014 - Armin Shimerman: mainly because my budget didn't stretch far enough that year to meet him. Again, another superb one for the Buffy and DS9 fans - and of course, from my childhood, he's the legendary villainous Dr. Nefarious.

FCCG 2015 - Robert Englund: like Robert, always lovely to see - good draw for V fans, and of course for Elm St. He's been a big draw everytime I've been for myself and friends~

FCCG 2016 - John Challis: hilarious and entertaining man, would be nice to see him again too

FCCG 2017 - Tom Hopper: No doubts on this one, and this is my wildcard dream one here. Admired him for Merlin and Who already but as I couldn't make the Saturday, I missed him and was utterly gutted. And now of course we can add Umbrella Academy to his wonderful list of achievements. If he comes back, you can roll out a red carpet for him and stick a Diamond Pass up for him and I'd bite!

and FCCG 2018 - Michelle Ryan: fantastic lady, was great to see her - her Doctor Who spinoff came out just the week after and it'd be nice to talk to her about that sometime.

Throwing in some less sensible and likely wildcards, Anneke Wills, Peter Mullan, Kiefer Sutherland (I did say less likely...) and Katherine Kelly.

• Like 2