Jump to content
Jamesmd85

Commander Package Autograph Allocation

Recommended Posts

Those that purchased packages have had emails confirming the 2 that were allocated. The description on the package states 1 captain or similar and 1 bridge crew or similar but I have spoken to dozens and dozens of fellow commander package holders and not one person has had a captain within their autograph allocation.

The Captains range from £55 - £65 and yet the most we have been given is Jeri Ryan, normally £40 which falls significantly short of the captain or similar description. 

Can anyone explain why the package that was advertised and sold is different to what has been provided?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James, can I ask if you had any reply to your question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear James

 
We are sorry that you do not feel that the items which you have been assigned in your package are the same as the package which was advertised, however as you are aware the package description says "Captain or similar" and we believe that the highly regarded guests which have been included in our package suitably reflect this. 
 
Kind regards
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^

have to say I’m happy with who I’ve been allocated in my commander package,  Gates McFaddom & Lt Uhura herself Nichelle Nichols.  Did think though one of my autographs would be a Captain though but not guaranteed given it says “or similar”. If it had just said Captain then I wouldn’t have been happy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi 

ive also got a few questions as ive been allocated 2 guests that ive met previously and dont need autograph wise (Gates McFaddom & Nichelle Nichols if anyone would like to swap guest please pm me )

1 x Standard Green Screen Photo Opportunity (ticket holder only - no guest)
1 x Standard Bridge Photo Opportunity (ticket holder only - no guest)
5 x Individual in-person guest autographs **

so do we choose the green screen ourselves?

do we choose the bridge photo ourselves?

and can we choose any 5 guests ourselves?

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PMs are disabled here. Also swaps are not allowed, sorry.

As far as I know you can pick the green Screen and the Bridge shoot.

When asking such questions it helps a lot of if you also mention which package you have. The Auto Details are all given on the package pages.

This is what it says for the Commander Package:

Prior to the event the organisers will reveal which guests are included in your Commander package for autographs.  The pre-assigned autographs will be to the value of 1 x Captain or similar and 1 x Bridge Crew or similar. You will be given 3 x £15 vouchers to be used for in-person autographs with guests of your choosing attending on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, who are charging £15 per signature. Vouchers can NOT be redeemed as a partial payment against autographs of a higher value than £15. Commander badge must be presented when using vouchers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi sorry I thought this thread was for commander badge purchasers which is why i jumped on it. Have their been and prices for guests announced yet?

Sadly I think I've bought this commander badge and its giving me autographs for guests I don't  wantoh well.

I was expecting at least one captain autograph too. Never mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have questions please feel free to ask, but your main question is not allowed to be posted here. ;) Everything you have been asking so far can be found on the website. The question about the vouchers was answered in an asterisk on the same page you quoted from. The prices have been announced too and are on the guests' pages.

The package says "captain or similar". I do know that for those wondering why they got Jeri Ryan the reply being given was that the team feels Jeri is a rare guest and has Captain's level. Seeing you got Nichelle I would imagine it is the same here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If you have questions please feel free to ask, but your main question is not allowed to be posted here. ;) Everything you have been asking so far can be found on the website. The question about the vouchers was answered in an asterisk on the same page you quoted from. The prices have been announced too and are on the guests' pages.

The package says "captain or similar". I do know that for those wondering why they got Jeri Ryan the reply being given was that the team feels Jeri is a rare guest and has Captain's level. Seeing you got Nichelle I would imagine it is the same here.

Thanks for explaining about Jeri Ryan being deemed to be a Captain level autograph as she’s a rare guest.  Must admit I was hoping Jeri was one of my 2 allocated autographs but as I’ve said I’m happy with who I was allocated with Nichelle seemingly being the Captain autograph & Gates therefore being the bridge crew & have already put money aside to get Jeri’s autograph which I will do ASAP once I’m at the convention on Friday & have decided who I’m getting with the 3 £15 autograph vouchers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s the wording that seems to cause issues. People think “Captain” means an actor who played a Captain in the show. It has always gone by price and there is a range they use for each “Captain” or “bridge crew.” It might be worth changing the wording in future to avoid so many people getting confused.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

It’s the wording that seems to cause issues. People think “Captain” means an actor who played a Captain in the show. It has always gone by price and there is a range they use for each “Captain” or “bridge crew.” It might be worth changing the wording in future to avoid so many people getting confused.

If you have any suggestions I will be happy to forward them. "Captain or similar" seemed a very normal wording to me until the first comments about it came up. Personally I'd consider Jeri Ryan more rare as William Shatner, but probably that's the Stargate girl speaking there. :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If you have any suggestions I will be happy to forward them. "Captain or similar" seemed a very normal wording to me until the first comments about it came up. Personally I'd consider Jeri Ryan more rare as William Shatner, but probably that's the Stargate girl speaking there. :lol:

It seems fine to me too I agree. It just seems to me that people are blind to the words “or similar.” Look at the OP. He is complaining that nobody has received a Captain with their allocation despite quoting the words “or similar” in his post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prefer a system where I get tickets that I can still have some choice with. So for example:
Level 1 guests are GBP 50+
Level 2 guests are GBP 35-49
Level 3 guests are GBP 20-34
Level 4 guests are anything under GBP 20

Then if I buy a package I'm getting for example 3x lvl 4, 1x lvl 3 and 1x lvl 2. I still have a choice, so that would be more flexible. If you state that any voucher can be used for a lower level as well (but 1 voucher is still 1 autograph, so no partial use) it might even work out as a better deal for the organisers.
To be honest, I have nothing to get signed by Jeri. I am now thinking of getting something signed by her as a present for a friend, just to use up the voucher. I'd have rather used it for one of the cheaper guests on something for myself ;)

Am I making sense or is it only clear in my head?:lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I get what you mean.  Put the guests in tiered categories and make the vouchers for the categories rather than specific guests.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The names would need working though. Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 can easily be taken wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The names would need working though. Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 can easily be taken wrong.

How about 'Awesome', 'Great', 'Alright I Suppose' and 'Ugh'?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, natedammit said:

How about 'Awesome', 'Great', 'Alright I Suppose' and 'Ugh'?

Nah, they're already taken for "A Night With Nate"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, natedammit said:

How about 'Awesome', 'Great', 'Alright I Suppose' and 'Ugh'?

Give me 'things people don't and do say about Nate' for 20 point please Bob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then just name the categories for the pricing, avoids confusion with certain forum-games ;)

 

But you all get the idea, narrow our choice but still give us one :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Liessa said:

I'd prefer a system where I get tickets that I can still have some choice with. So for example:
Level 1 guests are GBP 50+
Level 2 guests are GBP 35-49
Level 3 guests are GBP 20-34
Level 4 guests are anything under GBP 20

Then if I buy a package I'm getting for example 3x lvl 4, 1x lvl 3 and 1x lvl 2. I still have a choice, so that would be more flexible. If you state that any voucher can be used for a lower level as well (but 1 voucher is still 1 autograph, so no partial use) it might even work out as a better deal for the organisers.
To be honest, I have nothing to get signed by Jeri. I am now thinking of getting something signed by her as a present for a friend, just to use up the voucher. I'd have rather used it for one of the cheaper guests on something for myself ;)

Am I making sense or is it only clear in my head?:lol:

I get it as well & it’s a great idea.   Shame swapping isn’t allowed as otherwise I’d have your Jeri autograph in a heartbeat as she’s why I’m coming.  Am happy with who I’ve got though

Edited by brooketessmacherfan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×