General Chat

Wrong Name

18 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Does anyone watch a new Doctor Who episode twice on the same day it airs or is that just me? :huh::whistling:

Kind of, I was watching Civil War whilst you lot where off doing boring Who stuff and I rewatched the Giant Man scene a few times :D

• Like 3

I loved the new episode, I think Jodie will make an excellent Doctor and the new companions are great (I have dyspraxia like Ryan so it was cool to see it represented!).

She even won over my dad who declared he was done with Doctor Who after seeing the reveal. He said the episode was great and he will be watching the rest of the series.

• Like 2

I was not particularly impressed. Normally plot holes and contrivances don't bother me, but how can The Dr. fall out of the sky and through the roof of a train and just pop up fine? Also, what a stupid place to try and learn to ride a bike. It was uneven terrain and looked like he was going uphill. 

I'll try not to be too spoilery but (unless I missed something) the way the bombs threat ended just happened out of nowhere, and we already knew who the assistants were sooo...you know...something was kinda obvious.

I liked Bradley Walsh and I reckon the other two will grow on me.

But, and this is unforgivable to the point that I hope I am wrong (and I hate being wrong), The Dr. said "I would of". No way The Dr. would make such a grammatical error #notmydoctor.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I was not particularly impressed. Normally plot holes and contrivances don't bother me, but how can The Dr. fall out of the sky and through the roof of a train and just pop up fine?

I believe the rule is that a Time Lord/Lady's body will rapidly heal itself if injured within the first 15 hours of regeneration, hence why David Tennant was able to grow back his hand after having it chopped off, for example, which also explains how The Doctor survived that. So no plot hole there. :D 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I believe the rule is that a Time Lord/Lady's body will rapidly heal itself if injured within the first 15 hours of regeneration, hence why David Tennant was able to grow back his hand after having it chopped off, for example, which also explains how The Doctor survived that. So no plot hole there. :D 

Well I stand corrected, thank you kindly.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

In other words: Proved wrong. ^_^

Yes, that's right. Proved wrong by someone with more knowledge than me on the matter at hand. Which I'm fine with. No problems here. I have no qualms whatsoever with my poor grasp of the facts. I'm an ignorant know-nothing who got shown up by somebody much younger than me.

AND THAT DOESN'T BOTHER ME AT ALL.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Yes, that's right. Proved wrong by someone with more knowledge than me on the matter at hand. Which I'm fine with. No problems here. I have no qualms whatsoever with my poor grasp of the facts. I'm an ignorant know-nothing who got shown up by somebody much younger than me.

AND THAT DOESN'T BOTHER ME AT ALL.

It finally gave me an excuse to use some of my nerd knowledge, which I have found is absolutely useless in real life, so that was the only chance I had. :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

6 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Yes that is correct it’s because there’s still enough residual cellular energy for the Doctor to heal herself :D

Edited by R4wly97
  • Like 1