General Chat

Wrong Name

3 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm aiming to get to Olympia for as close to 7 as possible, do you think this gives me a good shot at getting low vqs for the diamond guests I want?

i arrived at half 7 on a saturday and got all my VQ's, so i think 7 on a Sunday should be okay :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm aiming to get to Olympia for as close to 7 as possible, do you think this gives me a good shot at getting low vqs for the diamond guests I want?

Which diamond guests are you trying for? I think 7 on the Saturday is giving yourself the best chance for sure, if you are there that early and don't manage it I would put it down to the guest being a slower signer i.e. it was going to be out of your control regardless, if you get what I mean?

Just now, GreenArrow2046 said:

i arrived at half 7 on a saturday and got all my VQ's, so i think 7 on a Sunday should be okay :thumbup:

I imagined it would be, I was just curious to see if others agreed with me. :lol:

This is easily the year where I'll need the most vqs so I'll be running from queue to queue for most of the day. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

Which diamond guests are you trying for? I think 7 on the Saturday is giving yourself the best chance for sure, if you are there that early and don't manage it I would put it down to the guest being a slower signer i.e. it was going to be out of your control regardless, if you get what I mean?

Yeah I fully understand what I mean, it's all down to what happens on the day really, but I can't help but speculate beforehand. :lol:

I'm going to be trying to get Kilmer, Barrowman, Kingston, Coleman and Billy Dee, all on Sunday.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

Yeah I fully understand what I mean, it's all down to what happens on the day really, but I can't help but speculate beforehand. :lol:

I'm going to be trying to get Kilmer, Barrowman, Kingston, Coleman and Billy Dee, all on Sunday.

out of those i think Billy Dee, Jenna and Kilmer might be your most difficult ones, but never impossible ;)

Ach had it in mind you were going on the Saturday, my bad! Sunday gives you a better chance obvs cause it won't be as busy, and none of the guests you've listed are there for only that day. Definitely possible, my fingers are crossed for you :)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Jenna signed pretty fast last time, plus the Sundy was added so late that most people probably planned seeing her Sunday. The problematic one in my opinion is Billy Dee.

That's good to know, thanks. Is Billy Dee known as a slow signer then, or is it the age factor which will make him the trickiest?

4 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

out of those i think Billy Dee, Jenna and Kilmer might be your most difficult ones, but never impossible ;)

Kilmer shouldn't be that bad if you get a low VQ. He's only up to batch 2 for diamonds on the Sunday so even if he is a slow signer he'll get through them in relatively no time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I think my only vq challenge will be Christopher Eccleston on Saturday. Not sure how easy that will be. But I'll give it a go. :clap:

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I think my only vq challenge will be Christopher Eccleston on Saturday. Not sure how easy that will be. But I'll give it a go. :clap:

Damn near impossible last year and he was signing pretty fast. We were on a mid numbered Diamond for him and it took ages to even to get to queue last year. We got him with about an hour left.

3 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Hopefully he'll reach vqs this time, IIRC he didn't last time, but I suppose that loads of people got him last year so there might not be as many trying to get him this time around. Good luck getting him. :thumbup:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

That's good to know, thanks. Is Billy Dee known as a slow signer then, or is it the age factor which will make him the trickiest?

Billy Dee is a very slow signer yes and his age means he'll maybe have a couple more breaks

Edited by Ravogd
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Friendly Dalek said:

Hopefully he'll reach vqs this time, IIRC he didn't last time, but I suppose that loads of people got hi last year so there might not be as many trying to get him this time around. Good luck getting him. :thumbup:

Hopefully because it's his second year it will be easier. And I have all day as my last photo session is 6.45. :coolthumb:

• Like 1

There's always a possibility Chris himself might be quicker this time, don't forget as it was his first time last year he probably didn't know what to expect and may realise he ideally needs to be a bit quicker this time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Hopefully because it's his second year it will be easier. And I have all day as my last photo session is 6.45. :coolthumb:

Beat me to it, last year a lot of people, myself included, probably assumed it was his one and only appearance and got as much signed as they could. I know I did.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Beat me to it, last year a lot of people, myself included, probably assumed it was his one and only appearance and got as much signed as they could. I know I did.

I suspect even Chris at the time thought it would be his one and only convention... then he had a great time with everyone and decided cons were fun after all!

• Like 4