General Chat

Wrong Name

Its comic con week yahhhhhhhhh bring on Friday

Personally I cant wait seeing a lot of negativity around this event this time I dont know if people over the last few years have become a little more self entitled especialy when it comes to the guest aspect of it, at the end of the day if you dont agree with something either dont come or look at the some of the amazing things this con has to offer. I can see some great improvements this year and some fab stuff going heres some positive aspects of the show:

* Showmasters app yah something to sort out my chaotic weekend loving it step in the right direction what a great way to sort out talks, panels and photo shoot slots and get them in to an order fab

* Stalls who doesnt love coming home with all those goodies thast you cant buy anywhere else

*fudge and cupcake man seriously these people are the holy grail of sweet and sugary goodness go forth my friends and visit them

*Comic con family because even if you go solo or go with friends your always gonna meet new exciting people that have the same interests as you all under one roof, always come home making new friends best part about it

*The guests - top notch variety under one roof theres something for everyone each year has a different line up, where else can you get Val kilmer and Brendan Frasier in the same room like dam, The likes of Tom felton and Ian smoulderholder :smile: wow im in hot men heven lol

* All under one roof theres no running around or chaos because everything is on one level when it comes to autos and photos and all clearly signed, then when your done pop down to the other level for stalls and gaming

*YALC something I have never visted before but will be given a go if you have teenagers who like to read what a great way to meet some talented authors and pick up some great reads.

* Free talks and panels - this year more than others I can see a whooping load of free talks and panels with some top notch guests answering your questions for those who may not be able to get all there autos who are budgeting this is a great way to get to see the guests and get some answers to some of the great things they have done and of course a sit down

Theres stuff that I have forgetten and overlooked but this show is all about people who like all the same stuff as you do and getting to meet new people first and formost yah

• Like 12

I don't know if I've missed it, but has Charles Dance been announced for LFCC Winter? I've just seen this in the pre order page "All refunds are done, Charles Dance orders are carried over to LFCC winter. if you want a refund instead please email and put CHARLES DANCE REFUND as the heading and I will make sure that is done asap".

I've looked on the winter page and there's no sign of Charles Dance anywhere on there, so am I being stupid or does this mean he's attending?

4 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I don't know if I've missed it, but has Charles Dance been announced for LFCC Winter? I've just seen this in the pre order page "All refunds are done, Charles Dance orders are carried over to LFCC winter. if you want a refund instead please email and put CHARLES DANCE REFUND as the heading and I will make sure that is done asap".

I've looked on the winter page and there's no sign of Charles Dance anywhere on there, so am I being stupid or does this mean he's attending?

Not as far as I'm aware, there's been no comments about him.

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I didn't think there was anything, I just thought it was a bit strange that Jason has said that the pre orders are going to be carried over to Winter if Charles isn't going. 

It may be that he is and hasn't been announced yet and Jason has jumped the gun, there's nothing about him doing Winter in his cancellation post.

48 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

Mr bear I feel that you need some love and hugs from new people at con;)

Well he's said in previous years that if we see him we can either hug him or kick him (just make no eye contact). Bears are lovely really we just gotta figure out their language in how to engage ;)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

Mr bear I feel that you need some love and hugs from new people at con;)

7 minutes ago, Broo said:

Well he's said in previous years that if we see him we can either hug him or kick him (just make no eye contact). Bears are lovely really we just gotta figure out their language in how to engage ;)

The offer still stands, but so far nobody has taken advantage. Can't think why.

• Like 1

Can't believe it's finally this week :dance::YAHOO::clap::thumbup:

I'm getting my OH to write me out a game of Cosplayer Bingo which I thought up the other day. Basically, she'll write down a list of 16 or 20 characters and if I see anyone dressed as any of them I'm to ask for a photo and tick them off on the sheet. I'm kind of looking forward to it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Broo said:

So no eye contact Ill keep my sunglasseson then, lucky I can speak carebear language now to track him down and givehim the love and attention he wants so much :D

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

So no eye contact Ill keep my sunglasseson then, lucky I can speak carebear language now to track him down and givehim the love and attention he wants so much :D

Now..:huh: you will scare him away from lfcc.. Dont say anything here..just do it when he dont expect it. 

3 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Re the Lucifer Angel Wings prop shoot, I've never seen the show (I'm not a female), but I found this picture:

Related image

Does this mean I need to do the shoot topless?

I think it means everyone has to do the shoot topless

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Re the Lucifer Angel Wings prop shoot, I've never seen the show (I'm not a female), but I found this picture:

Related image

Does this mean I need to do the shoot topless?

It's like a lot of bars I'm afraid, no short, no service

Let the record reflect that I had a question and I looked it up in the FAQ and I got my answer and I'm not bothering anyone with my question.

I am, however, bothering you with the fact that I'm super proud of myself for this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Pir8Jenny said:

Let the record reflect that I had a question and I looked it up in the FAQ and I got my answer and I'm not bothering anyone with my question.

I am, however, bothering you with the fact that I'm super proud of myself for this.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pir8Jenny said:

I am kind of tempted to give you the user title 'she who reads the FAQ'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3