General Chat

Wrong Name

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Sounds nice. The home of Frasier and Grunge. ^_^

I always watched a certain kids show called Icarly when I was younger (still watch reruns on tv though) which had the Space Needle thingy on the background so now I'm finally gonna visit that :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I always watched a certain kids show called Icarly when I was younger (still watch reruns on tv though) which had the Space Needle thingy on the background so now I'm finally gonna visit that :D

I am unaware of this television show of which you speak as I am far too old to have ever watched such a thing. Here follows a random gif which appears to be of a character from said show.

tuq55.gif?noredirect

Spencer was hilarious and Sam was great too except not in 'Sam & Cat' which was crud.

• Like 1

Just now, natedammit said:

Spencer was hilarious and Sam was great too except not in 'Sam & Cat' which was crud.

Sam & Cat was the tv show that made me stop watching Nickelodeon in the first place. I wasn't really big fan of the later season of Icarly but Spencer was indeed hilarious. I always loved the scenes when every object that he touched and was not flammable suddenly caught fire.

tumblr_mu10wpTSkW1rsv0bko2_250.gif

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

It is always fun, and special, to visit locations of which you have seen in a show or film. A while ago I did that with Harry Potter, I set marks where to go to see locations in London where they shot some scenes. It might not look the same but you know it is the spot in the movies.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

It is always fun, and special, to visit locations of which you have seen in a show or film. A while ago I did that with Harry Potter, I set marks where to go to see locations where they shot some scenes. It might not look the same but you know it is the spot in the movies.

Was Alnwick Castle one of them? Went there a few years ago not realising it was used as a location until the tour guide was pointing out where certain scenes were filmed. Quite cool :)

3 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

It is always fun, and special, to visit locations of which you have seen in a show or film. A while ago I did that with Harry Potter, I set marks where to go to see locations in London where they shot some scenes. It might not look the same but you know it is the spot in the movies.

Same. Although for me it was the Locations of Fallout New Vegas when i went to Vegas a few years back. And Doctor Who for the Hoover Dam

5 hours ago, Broo said:

Was Alnwick Castle one of them? Went there a few years ago not realising it was used as a location until the tour guide was pointing out where certain scenes were filmed. Quite cool :)

Yes, but I was there of a seperate reason. I have a list of places which I have visited when I have had the chance, been close to the place etc, and had a look. 

Edited by Chris1970

Totally unrelated to comic cons etc but just something I stumbled upon. Being on holiday I sometimes love to read about odd stories in history and usually the best ones are from the second half of the 19th century. Just got the feeling people tried almost anything then, and there were no limits to ideas. One story I read was about Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in West Virgina, USA. Like so many of these places the stories are many, and very often sad. I came across a list of reasons that could make you end up there between 1864-1889. I guess I fulfill a few of them.. :blink:

D-AETz5WkAAumBB?format=jpg&name=medium

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

I guess I fulfill a few of them.. :blink:

I'm going to guess... Fell from a horse in war, Medicine to prevent conception, and Bad company (us lot ;)). Am I right am I right?? ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Totally unrelated to comic cons etc but just something I stumbled upon. Being on holiday I sometimes love to read about odd stories in history and usually the best ones are from the second half of the 19th century. Just got the feeling people tried almost anything then, and there were no limits to ideas. One story I read was about Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in West Virgina, USA. Like so many of these places the stories are many, and very often sad. I came across a list of reasons that could make you end up there between 1864-1889. I guess I fulfill a few of them.. :blink:

D-AETz5WkAAumBB?format=jpg&name=medium

I get that they had no idea about mental illness back then but I find it highly amusing that a gunshot wound could get you in and falling from a horse in war.  Falling from a horse outside of war is totally fine though.  What if you were not involved in a war, but happened to be taking a pleasant sunday ride with your bae next to a war and fell off.  Would that still count.  Probably, because if you were out riding alone with your bae then you were obviously a scandalous hussy and deserve to be committed.

Also can 'tobacco' be any vaguer? Doe it mean owning some, carrying it, thinking your made of it? Snuff eating for 2 years?  So 1 year 364 days and stopping means your fine for that?  Take a day off then start up again?

Gathering in the head?

Rumour of Husband murder?  So your in the clear if you kill him and admit it, but god help you if there's just a rumour of it.

THIS IS ALL WIERD AND INSANE!

Edited by Raylenth
  • Haha 1