General Chat

Wrong Name

23 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I went with some friends in school, this was the glorious 80’s, to a rock music competition and this band from a small city just north of Stockholm won, they were called Europe.. didnt like it then and still dont. I had to listen to them what it felt like everywhere I went. At my class graduation party a guy brought a tape deck and just three tapes.. Europe, Whitesnake and Whitney Houston. I could have died that night. :grump:

tenor.gif

How can you not like The Final Countdown? Its a classic! (Although i do understand the Whitney bit)

23 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I went with some friends in school, this was the glorious 80’s, to a rock music competition and this band from a small city just north of Stockholm won, they were called Europe.. didnt like it then and still dont. I had to listen to them what it felt like everywhere I went. At my class graduation party a guy brought a tape deck and just three tapes.. Europe, Whitesnake and Whitney Houston. I could have died that night. :grump:

tenor.gif

How can you not like The Final Countdown? Its a classic! (Although i do understand the Whitney bit)

1 hour ago, spengler said:

Oh, it is very easy. Back then you belong to a certain music type and Europe did not qualify. Still dont. :lol: It was 80’s a teen and very picky. :poki:

40 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

A work colleague said she'd get me Peter Capaldi for my birthday. If only, I thought.

Then I found what she left in my office yesterday.

Sometimes it's the small, unexpected gestures that mean the most. :D

20190510_18442220190510_193452

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Very nice

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

A work colleague said she'd get me Peter Capaldi for my birthday. If only, I thought.

Then I found what she left in my office yesterday.

Sometimes it's the small, unexpected gestures that mean the most. :D

20190510_18442220190510_193452

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Omg I love it, so happy for you! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

It is. Though hopefully not the last. :D

Let's hope Peter comes to this one because I would DEFENITELY pay to see him again, such a lovely man!!?

• Like 2

polite query :)

in the past , I've bought DPs and used them on any day , depending on how busy it is.

Regarding 2019, using Brendan Fraser as an e.g.

his DP are 190 or 210, with the extra 20 being for the Sunday talk.

But , if you can't get his auto or photo on the Sat, could you still get either on the Sunday, as long as you didn't try to get into his talk. ie photo and auto are same price all weekend,  seeing as the Sunday DP is only extra for the talk. 

Same for guests whose DP is same price for both days.

if I buy a Christina Ricci DP for Sat at £160, it seems to suggest that I HAVE to get both auto and photo on Saturday,  when in the past I've used it on either day (or any of the 3 days) 

I can understand if a DP for one day is more because it has more e.g. Brendan, but if a DP is the same for both days, e.g. Christina,  why make them day specific still?

Why not just a generic DP for the weekend as a whole?

and even with Brendan's DP,  the auto and photo cost the same all weekend, so why not let a Sat DP be used for auto /photo if needed on a Sunday, just not for his talk,  which is 20 extra.

9 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

in the past , I've bought DPs and used them on any day , depending on how busy it is.

But , if you can't get his auto or photo on the Sat, could you still get either on the Sunday, as long as you didn't try to get into his talk. ie photo and auto are same price all weekend,  seeing as the Sunday DP is only extra for the talk. 

if I buy a Christina Ricci DP for Sat at £160, it seems to suggest that I HAVE to get both auto and photo on Saturday,  when in the past I've used it on either day (or any of the 3 days) 

I can understand if a DP for one day is more because it has more e.g. Brendan, but if a DP is the same for both days, e.g. Christina,  why make them day specific still?

and even with Brendan's DP,  the auto and photo cost the same all weekend, so why not let a Sat DP be used for auto /photo if needed on a Sunday, just not for his talk,  which is 20 extra.

DP's are now day specific so you have to get them on the day you have booked for.  If it looks like you might be running out of time or something, speak to the crew/pit bosses in good time and they will do what they can to sort you out, though there's no reason you won't get the photo as long as you are at the shoot in time.

Whilst I don't think there's been an official statement on them being day specific I'd imagine it's so they have better control of the numbers each day to prevent what happened last year with the big who guests when you had people all turning up at once. or delaying getting it which caused an issue with getting everyone through.

So yes, you have to get them on the day you have booked for.

Edited by Raylenth

6 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

I believe that you have to get both auto and photo on the specific day you bought your pass for now. This will most likely be to help regulate how many people go for their photos and autos each day, rather than no one going on the Saturday, then hundreds try on the Sunday, which would cause problems and may end up with people missing out. None of that is official but is what makes sense to me.

ok, I can understand that in some ways

only issue for me would be if I have loads to do, and I usually have 10-15 guests to meet , so that's 20 to 30 queues.

in the past , as DP was guaranteed photo and auto, I've made the non DP guests the priority,  knowing I can get DP at any time.

that will have to change now then

luckily , I have just 6/7 guests so far this year , and there may even be a chance I only need 1 day anyway, so its a moot point I'm making lol

Edited by andrewrolar