General Chat

Wrong Name

37 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

Has anybody here seen the new Lion King trailer? Am I the only one both scared of Disney ruining it and happy to go and see it? In my opinion, the trailer looks magical :wub:

Liked everything about the trailer except the design of Scar. He was so different and significant in the animated movie but he just looks like a Shere Khan rip-off from the jungle book (except for being a lion instead of tiger).

2 hours ago, fanowaty said:

Has anybody here seen the new Lion King trailer? Am I the only one both scared of Disney ruining it and happy to go and see it? In my opinion, the trailer looks magical :wub:

I loved it. Really happy to see they've kept the original score pretty much. Not too sure on Scar so far, both in appearance (wish he stood out in a sinister way) and also the voice. But I will wait to see the whole film then voice my final opinion.

On a slightly different note, how busy is Friday for LFCC? I know it's obviously better than Saturday but actually how much quieter is it? In other words, what time shall I aim to get there and, for popular guests like John Barrowman, what VQ number should I be aiming for on Friday?

35 minutes ago, bazza96 said:

On a slightly different note, how busy is Friday for LFCC? I know it's obviously better than Saturday but actually how much quieter is it? In other words, what time shall I aim to get there and, for popular guests like John Barrowman, what VQ number should I be aiming for on Friday?

A LOT. From my past experience from last year, it was the nicest day of all 3. I think I came to the venue around 1,5 hours before opening and some people were already waiting in line. I got everything I was aiming for - including all of my VQ autographs.

Since John will be there all 3 days, he should be rather achievable on Friday. I think if you manage to get a VQ with anything between 1-150 you should be almost guaranteed to get him on Friday, although anything can happen - he can take longer than usual chatting to people, every DP holder might decide to meet him that day... So we never really know.

But, get there early, get to his table first (if you want to get his autograph the most), try to get the lowest VQ possible and hope for the best! ^_^

50 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

Wow, didn't know that. That just gives even more chances of meeting him with a VQ on Friday.

Well, yes and no.  They may sell less on the friday, or they may sell just as many, and you know that all DP friday ticket holders have to get it that day.  Typically it will still be quieter but if they DP's sell out for Friday, there's going to be as many queuing for him as the other days

Image result for shrug gif

10 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

If anyone comes across a simple black poster with both the Marvel AND DC logo on it (wanna start a superhero project), could you guys please let me know ^_^

Your best bet is to design your own and get it printed somewhere. I do this a lot for my posters.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

If anyone comes across a simple black poster with both the Marvel AND DC logo on it (wanna start a superhero project), could you guys please let me know ^_^

What Wrong said.  Trying to find a generic Marvel poster is almost impossible - especially one that's both decent quality and has space for signing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Well, yes and no.  They may sell less on the friday, or they may sell just as many, and you know that all DP friday ticket holders have to get it that day.  Typically it will still be quieter but if they DP's sell out for Friday, there's going to be as many queuing for him as the other days

Of course, but I am commenting the current situation - the fact that the DP's are definitely not sold out yet and also the previous experiences of John being a relatively fast signer and also the factor of there being way fewer people at the event of Friday, which equals to fewer people attempting to get his VQ ticket.

Therefore, unless John actually sells out of all the Friday Diamond Passes and starts spending way longer than his usual chatting to people, the lowest VQ tickets should be fine.

I'm thinking of getting a Doctor Who poster to get signed by most of the Doctor Who guests who I'm going to meet, but my question is, how big would you recommend the poster being if it's going to get signed? Would an A2 poster be large enough perhaps, or would that not leave enough space for signing? 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

20 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm thinking of getting a Doctor Who poster to get signed by most of the Doctor Who guests who I'm going to meet, but my question is, how big would you recommend the poster being if it's going to get signed? Would an A2 poster be large enough perhaps, or would that not leave enough space for signing? 

It really depends on the design, any size you choose, some will have loads of room for signing, others won't because to the picture/writing.  But ideally, you want bigger than A3 if you want to get a lot of auto's on a poster.

• Thanks 1

If you have any in mind, you can post them and we can give opinions.  You also have to factor in the colours in the poster and how it will affect what pen colours you can use - last thing you want is a poster the auto's won't stand out on.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I would put up some pictures but my flickr appears to be broken. :lol:

I'll put some up for you :lol:

https://society6.com/product/tardis-abstract-time-space-travel-doctor-who_print?sku=s6-9863486p4a1v2

https://society6.com/product/doctor-who-tardis-lfj_print?sku=s6-8000017p4a1v2

Now, first of all Society6 is expensive, but the print quality and the card stock it comes on is absolutely superb, the best I've ever seen for posters and I can't recommend them enough if you find something you like, so whilst it's not cheap in comparison to a £5 poster, if you take care of it you won't find prettier in my opinion.  Secondly, for demonstration purposes, the attached links are good examples.  You have a strong background colour that will allow for most pen colours to be nice and striking and there's plenty of room for loads of auto's. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

It worked. :D I'm thinking if the signatures are in black or gold they should be fine on that?

Capture

It's got a lot of space for signing if you have them sign over the tardis as well, but you might have to use both colours, you need a dark one for the left and bottom but a lighter colour for the top right I think.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's got a lot of space for signing if you have them sign over the tardis as well, but you might have to use both colours, you need a dark one for the left and bottom but a lighter colour for the top right I think.

I don't mind what colour the sigs are so long as they are visible, so I'll be fine with using multiple colours on it. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm always going for a 60x91.5 cm poster, it's the same size as a regular film poster. I love the design that you're thinking of but I don't know if gold is gonna be the best choice for the lighter parts.

Edited by The_batflash123
  • Like 1

So, I have been persuaded into a 90 minutes car journey to see this new Avengers movie on the 24th, then the same 90 minutes home. :huh:  A friend of mine did not want to go alone and see it. I guess this means until then I really should see the previous part so I get some grip of the story. I know alot of dudes are disintegrated, that is all. ^_^

10 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

So, I have been persuaded into a 90 minutes car journey to see this new Avengers movie on the 24th, then the same 90 minutes home. :huh:  A friend of mine did not want to go alone and see it. I guess this means until then I really should see the previous part so I get some grip of the story. I know alot of dudes are disintegrated, that is all. ^_^

You've got a few films to watch then to catch up

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You've got a few films to watch then to catch up

Oh, not ready for a new franchise. Got to wrap up the GoT and Star Wars saga first before anything else...Then Vikings by the end of this year. I start with the one before this coming one. 

Edited by Chris1970