General Chat

Wrong Name

3 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Whovians, what do you all think of this news? 

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/news/american_versions_of_torchwood_and_doctor_who_in_the_works/

I have no idea about the reputation of this site as a source though so it could very easily be false, but it's an interesting thing to think about. 

Well, I'd point out that the US version of Red Dwarf had Kryten in and I think involved some of the UK people and that was a flop.  Most US remakes don't succeed but some do, so who knows

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Well, I'd point out that the US version of Red Dwarf had Kryten in and I think involved some of the UK people and that was a flop.  Most US remakes don't succeed but some do, so who knows

The Office did pretty good, didnt it?

48 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/news/american_versions_of_torchwood_and_doctor_who_in_the_works/

I have no idea about the reputation of this site as a source though so it could very easily be false, but it's an interesting thing to think about. 

Ehh, they tried that with the movie and it didn't go anywhere so I'm skeptical.

44 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

An American Torchwood could work if done well. 

But Doctor Who not so sure about.  As much as I love Paul McCann I didn't like the americanised version of Doctor Who in the 90's. 

21 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

An American Torchwood could work if done well. 

But Doctor Who not so sure about.  As much as I love Paul McCann I didn't like the americanised version of Doctor Who in the 90's. 

Doctor who definitely no, it’s been running for too long that having an American version would just feel forced and would fail, Torchwood however with John Barrowman involved would work quite well I think, as much as I’d like torchwood to return to Cardiff, chances of that are very slim so I’d take an American reboot just to have the show back 

• Like 1

Well, lets face it, geekdom has come a LONG way since the McGann film, and networks know there's money in it if it's done well and it's popular, so there's always the potential that they will look at it more than as a cute little project that'll be watched by a few here and there.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I think an American version of Torchwood is fine, but I’m not so sure about American Doctor Who!

9 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Wish I could but that would seriously kill my budget. Coming to the UK in mid June anyway, and LFCC...and DSTB.. :wacko:

I wish I could go to DSTB but there are only 4 guests that I really want to meet so far so it's probably gonna be a last minute decision when the time comes. And of course LFCC Winter one month later... I still have some budget left but it's not much :P Already 13 conventions I can confirm I'll attend this year with 8 still to go :D

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

Season 4 was mostly produced by America and it wasn't that great though :(

I really liked season 4, helped that I was bed bound when it came out, I think it was just a change of pace to what most fans were use to and that’s why it didn’t do as well as previous seasons

18 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

So summing up the comments. 

The Americans had better keep their hands off Doctor Who  :D

16 minutes ago, Broo said:

I'm on season 2 of this, tis a fun show!

It really is, I love the first 2 seasons. Season 3 really has it ups and downs but too many episodes. More isn't always better in this case. I'm happy that Netflix took over with a 10 episode series. 

8 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

It really is, I love the first 2 seasons. Season 3 really has it ups and downs but too many episodes. More isn't always better in this case. I'm happy that Netflix took over with a 10 episode series. 

I'm sure one of the upsides of season 3 will be Tom welling who I can pester my husband about repeatedly that I met ;) <3

• Haha 1

Sorry, quick interruption to the Lucifer news for a query of mine. I went to my first LFCC last year and got a healthy supply of autographs and also a photograph with a celebrity. I've managed with putting them in frames but now I'm going again this year I feel I need a proper way of keeping all my autographs in one place and only keeping special ones on display. What does everyone use/recommend? I just want to store them safely but still be able to flick through easily.

Thanks for any help!!!

4 minutes ago, bazza96 said:

Sorry, quick interruption to the Lucifer news for a query of mine. I went to my first LFCC last year and got a healthy supply of autographs and also a photograph with a celebrity. I've managed with putting them in frames but now I'm going again this year I feel I need a proper way of keeping all my autographs in one place and only keeping special ones on display. What does everyone use/recommend? I just want to store them safely but still be able to flick through easily.

Thanks for any help!!!

I just have an acid free folder which holds all of my autos and photos, except for my signed posters, dvds etc or things I have framed. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

21 minutes ago, bazza96 said:

Thanks for any help!!!

Binder with punched pocket pages.  Anything acid free is fine, but the pages do need to be acid free - if it doesn't say they are in the description, don't use them.  Most people store in folders using things like Arrowfile pages or similar.  I used Ultrapro pages but they are impossible to get now so have switched to ones from this company (email them and they will help you if you want to buy from them) http://www.cxdinternational.com/home.aspx?pagename=home for 8x10's and A4 stuff - for anything larger I have an archive safe A3 box from London Graphic Centre.

If you display them in a frame make sure you use one with a mount if you are displaying the originals as a mount helps keep the glass off the signature.  

27 minutes ago, bazza96 said:

Thanks for any help!!!

Also, whilst not in relation to what to store them in, I put a post it note on the back of all the auto's in the binders with the name of the person it's signed by, the date and the event I got it at - believe me, if you start going to a lot of events, after a while it can be easy to forget who it is, particularly if the signature isn't legible.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Also, whilst not in relation to what to store them in, I put a post it note on the back of all the auto's in the binders with the name of the person it's signed by, the date and the event I got it at - believe me, if you start going to a lot of events, after a while it can be easy to forget who it is, particularly if the signature isn't legible.

Indeed. I have no idea who half the Autos on my wood are.

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Binder with punched pocket pages.  Anything acid free is fine, but the pages do need to be acid free - if it doesn't say they are in the description, don't use them.  Most people store in folders using things like Arrowfile pages or similar.  I used Ultrapro pages but they are impossible to get now so have switched to ones from this company (email them and they will help you if you want to buy from them) http://www.cxdinternational.com/home.aspx?pagename=home for 8x10's and A4 stuff - for anything larger I have an archive safe A3 box from London Graphic Centre.

If you display them in a frame make sure you use one with a mount if you are displaying the originals as a mount helps keep the glass off the signature.  

Brilliant, this is really really helpful. Also regarding frames, I hadn't even thought about the glass on the signature so I'll modify that ASAP. 

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

What a good idea, didn't think of that either! I guess once you become a seasoned veteran they all sort of merge into one! :lol:

3 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I just have an acid free folder which holds all of my autos and photos, except for my signed posters, dvds etc or things I have framed. 

Brilliant, thanks so much. I'm relatively new to all this so this acid free information is really helpful. thanks. 

• Like 1