General Chat

Wrong Name

The first Guests were annoucend on Oct 10th last year, 4 BSG actors ;)

I only hope for actors I really, really want to meet since years. If there would be only 2 of my big list, I'm absolutely happy. If not, I'm sure I will find myself other interesting actors, like this year :)

9 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

Wonder how much the gold pass will cost, almosg didn't meet Peter capaldi this year so with the gold pass, i can meet all the people i want!! :uhoh:

Just remember, Dr., that you're not guaranteed to meet the Diamond Pass guests without their Diamond Pass, even with a Gold Pass. Peter Capaldi and Ray Park this year and Christopher Lloyd last year are prime examples of this as they didn't manage to come off the Diamond Passes to get to the VQs, even for Gold Pass holders. Only guaranteed way to meet Diamond Pass guests is with their Diamond Pass. :smile:

11 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Just remember, Dr., that you're not guaranteed to meet the Diamond Pass guests without their Diamond Pass, even with a Gold Pass. Peter Capaldi and Ray Park this year and Christopher Lloyd last year are prime examples of this as they didn't manage to come off the Diamond Passes to get to the VQs, even for Gold Pass holders. Only guaranteed way to meet Diamond Pass guests is with their Diamond Pass. :smile:

And even then it's sometimes difficult :uhoh: judging by the Dr Who frantic last edition :whistling:

46 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I wish reputation activity showed who gave us a particular reaction. Apparently I've made 4 people cry, and I've confused another, and I'm curious as to who those people were. :D

It does.

Firstly you do get informed when people give you rep, the bell icon at the top right of the page informs you off all replies, quotes and reps given, and who they are from, so you can just look at them when they come in, and if you click on them in the list it takes you to the post it refers to, but ultimately the notifications always remain there, so if you click on the bell, and at the bottom of the pop up box click on 'view notifications' it shows you all of them.  You do have to click on each one to see what it is so it's not quick, especially if you have a lot or replies and quotes as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It does.

Firstly you do get informed when people give you rep, the bell icon at the top right of the page informs you off all replies, quotes and reps given, and who they are from, so you can just look at them when they come in, and if you click on them in the list it takes you to the post it refers to, but ultimately the notifications always remain there, so if you click on the bell, and at the bottom of the pop up box click on 'view notifications' it shows you all of them.  You do have to click on each one to see what it is so it's not quick, especially if you have a lot or replies and quotes as well.

Alright then, thanks for the info. :D

39 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

LFCC is the premier event and has always been so :huh:

Well I'd argue that it hasn't always been that way but then again it's a matter of perspective at the end of the day. Dependant on the number of guests and the caliber of the guests.. 

4 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Does anyone else think it would be pretty cool for SM to make a Doctor Who themed convention? Something along the lines of DST but for Doctor Who. There would be shortage of guests from that show and I'm sure it will sell. Just sharing an idea.:D

Not sure how well it would sell tbh, a lot of the guests are regulars on the circuit so many people have already met them.  For sure a lot of people would be interested though.  To make an big event a success you really do need some of the mains and I'm not sure if anyone will manage to pull that off again!

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Not sure how well it would see tbh, a lot of the guests are regulars on the circuit so many people have already met them.  For sure a lot of people would be interested though.  To make an big event a success you really do need some of the mains and I'm not sure if anyone will manage to pull that off again!

Fair enough. :thumbup:

Just now, The Friendly Dalek said:

Fair enough. :thumbup:

It's one of those things isn't it where you just never know.  Who is always popular and massively so,  and events relating to it are usually well attended so if you had enough names people would certainly come.  But on the level of a Destination type event I think you would need some mains.  Not necessarily all the modern Docs, but certainly some of the big companions

• Like 1

The other thing is DST is not solely a Showmasters event. It is Massive Events that do the majority of the organising. Huge Dr Who fan as I am Star Trek is much bigger globally (although with the modern series getting bigger and bigger abroad it’s not that far behind now) and people budget to come to DST from all over Europe as it is the premier Star Trek event in Europe and is every 2 years not annually. There are many many other solely Who related conventions so it would be difficult to obtain the exclusivity of guests that DST can command.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Does anyone else think it would be pretty cool for SM to make a Doctor Who themed convention? Something along the lines of DST but for Doctor Who. There would be shortage of guests from that show and I'm sure it will sell. Just sharing an idea.:D

I'm wholeheartedly for the idea!... Maybe for the 60th anniversary who knows. 

• Like 1