General Chat

Wrong Name

8 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

It really is may just end up swapping my house for showmasters credit :lol:

Who needs a house when you could just live at the Olympia all year so you’ll be first in the queue for LFCC :P

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Keepingmesane said:

I think my phone and iPad have decided Im not allowed to buy any more tickets as they wont load the purchase screen :unsure: too bad my pc doesnt have a problem with more purchases :firedevil:

It has been going on for a while. Both iOS and app. It allows me to buy tickets for Destination Star Trek in Birmingham but not LFCC. This is good because I really should not get more. But if I have to I can do it on my iMac.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

"I tripped and fell on the Buy Now button Your Honour"

and repeatedly hit the pay now button :blink:

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Ok... who did you dream of?? :lol:

I think it wasnt a who more like what which was the schedule :lol: had to buy another Matthew Illiard as I cant do the Saturday slot so got one for the Sunday and a cheecky Robert Caryle I love the full monty

4 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

and repeatedly hit the pay now button :blink:

I think it wasnt a who more like what which was the schedule :lol: had to buy another Matthew Illiard as I cant do the Saturday slot so got one for the Sunday and a cheecky Robert Caryle I love the full monty

Wonder if anyone will cosplay Full Monty.. :blink:

15 hours ago, Broo said:

I'm going with my mum oh wait that's probably worse

I am jealous, I would love to go with my mum lol, we get on really well and this is totally her thing. But unfortunately her health is not great so she can't make the journey to London. It's ok though, I facetime her while I am there and keep her updated lmao

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Kaybird said:

I am jealous, I would love to go with my mum lol, we get on really well and this is totally her thing. But unfortunately her health is not great so she can't make the journey to London. It's ok though, I facetime her while I am there and keep her updated lmao

That’s a nice thing to do. Im jealous of both of you as my Mum passed away a couple of years ago and she would have loved me meeting Martin Sheen as she was a massive West Wing fan. It is a special show for me because we probably had more conversations about that show than anything else. She had a little ceramic tile with the picture of the “Bartlett for America” napkin on it (if you know the show you’ll know what I mean) and I’m hoping to get him to sign it. Hope I don’t get too emotional telling him all this :unsure:

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

That’s a nice thing to do. Im jealous of both of you as my Mum passed away a couple of years ago and she would have loved me meeting Martin Sheen as she was a massive West Wing fan. It is a special show for me because we probably had more conversations about that show than anything else. She had a little ceramic tile with the picture of the “Bartlett for America” napkin on it (if you know the show you’ll know what I mean) and I’m hoping to get him to sign it. Hope I don’t get too emotional telling him all this :unsure:

Something tells me he is that sort of a guy that listen. I think you will have a special moment with Mr. Sheen. And if it does get emotional..so be it. Nothing wrong. I think there are those of us who has been in the same seat and can tell you what an extraordinary moment it can be. ^_^

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

*Hugging you tight* xx

19 minutes ago, Kaybird said:

I do love going with my mum, we get on great and lfcc 2017 was her first ever convention experience and the fun of it for her was like a kid on Christmas morning. It just sounded funny to me in the context of Billy-no-mates++ has to bring her mum ;)

Having lost my mother-in-law a few months ago, and my dad's Parkinson's progressing rather rapidly in recent years, my mum's ability to come with me is not taken for granted :) various things have happened in the last few years to highlight we really must make the most of the time we have with those we love, and lfcc with my mum is a part of that :)

• Like 7

My parents arent young anymore, something I just have to understand. When you were a kid you knew they would live forever but while you grow older you understand life abit better. Nothing lasts forever. Now I cherish every day I have with them. My dad got a heart problem and recently had a cerebral haemorrhage but he is fine after that. But it took alot of energy of him. He used to travel alot with work, and with my mum, but now it is put on ice. I dont think they will ever go overseas again. I try to share as much as I can with my trips, photos, call them and tell them all sorts of things just to give them a taste of being where I am. They love it. Now..they are not Comic-Con people..far from it. They are interested in who I meet and so but would never ever go to a Comic-Con. When my mum found out I have met Carrie Fisher she gave me the biggest hug. She told me that she was so happy to hug me this time because she has now hugged someone that that has hugged someone who has hugged Elizabeth Taylor. Those moments stays with you..

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 6

Man, you people are getting really sappy in here today.

My Mum (the one that's not Broo) would never go to a Con with me but we have been going on holiday together for the last 6 years. Before then neither of us had been anywhere outside of Western Europe and the US, but now we've been to: Australia; South Africa; China; Norway; Japan; Iceland; Brazil; Argentina; and Tanzania. Later this year we're going to Vietnam and Cambodia. She's 73. The only problem is my savings have disappeared and she's spending all my inheritance.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Man, you people are getting really sappy in here today.

My Mum (the one that's not Broo) would never go to a Con with me but we have been going on holiday together for the last 6 years. Before then neither of us had been anywhere outside of Western Europe and the US, but now we've been to: Australia; South Africa; China; Norway; Japan; Iceland; Brazil; Argentina; and Tanzania. Later this year we're going to Vietnam and Cambodia. She's 73. The only problem is my savings have disappeared and she's spending all my inheritance.

You could always sell your Mum (either one) while in Vietnam so you can afford more holidays?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2