General Chat

Wrong Name

17 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I go with all of my friends.

So, yeah, solo.

I normally go with a friend, but I have been ditched this year last minute. Wondering whether to do it alone or invite someone else lol

Edited by Kaybird

13 minutes ago, Kaybird said:

I normally go with a friend, but I have been ditched this year last minute. Wondering whether to do it alone or invite someone else lol

I go to many cons alone. Never LFCC as the old ball and chain always insists on coming. The regional ones she just throws a load of funko pops at me and tells me who to get to sign them.

• Haha 4

I started going to cons with a friend, but he stopped coming as he wasn't really into collecting autos and I too found it easier to do these things on my own. Since then I've actually met a load of people I now consider friends through going to cons but I still treat it as if I'm by myself to be able to meet all the guests I want to. We tend to bump into each other a lot throughout the day anyway and we meet up at the pub when we're done.

• Like 2

So basically we're all just Billy No Mates going alone.  ;)

I actually prefer going by myself. Went with friends last July. While I was going around getting lots of photos with various Doctor Who guests they were totally bored. Decided after that just to go solo. You can always find someone to chat to. :D

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

So basically we're all just Billy No Mates going alone.  ;)

I actually prefer going by myself. Went with friends last July. While I was going around getting lots of photos with various Doctor Who guests they were totally bored. Decided after that just to go solo. You can always find someone to chat to. :D

Best solution is - go with friends/meet up when there but all go off and do your own thing.  We tend to message when one of us is having a break so others can come for a chat/sit if they want, or I help out as a con donkey if I'm not doing anything.  That way we all meet up throughout the day but no one's tied into anyone else's schedule.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Captain Lucas said:

Unbeliveable how organised some people are. I'm doing well just to have a list of who I really want to get and who I might get if there's time.

In my defense mine is very short so is easy to do, some Swedish people on here, naming no names of course, have charts that are more like battle plans!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

In my defense mine is very short so is easy to do, some Swedish people on here, naming no names of course, have charts that are more like battle plans!

DefenselessMediocreLabradorretriever-siz

Hey! :huh: It is nothing, only half I had last year!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I have not only mine to plan but my mother's too, as well as organising when to try for the 10 or so autos I'm trying to get for a friend of my sister's... I am so sad but I'm excited to get stuck in, kids might have to go to bed early so I can nerd plan :cool:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, para50 said:

Has anyone asked whether they're still in talks with the remaining 'legendary' guests? Just wondering whether there could still be more big announcements or if things didn't work out with them.

Guest announcements are always possible right up to and during the event itself, Jason told us he was in discussion with these guests so I assume he still is in discussions but nothing is guaranteed 

9 minutes ago, para50 said:

Has anyone asked whether they're still in talks with the remaining 'legendary' guests? Just wondering whether there could still be more big announcements or if things didn't work out with them.

Read on here somewhere that 1 hasn't worked out for Summer con and they're trying to work the guest into either Winter Con or next year's LFCC. The other Legendary guest they're still in talks with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broo said:

I'm going with my mum oh wait that's probably worse

That's brave. I would never take my mum. I can hear her now.

"You paid how much for that photo/auto?

Look at that queue,  I'm not waiting in that!

He/she looks completely different on the telly!

Why is that person wearing that costume. They must be boiling. It's not practical!

What, another one. Haven't you finished yet?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

That's brave. I would never take my mum. I can hear her now.

"You paid how much for that photo/auto?

Look at that queue,  I'm not waiting in that!

He/she looks completely different on the telly!

Why is that person wearing that costume. They must be boiling. It's not practical!

What, another one. Haven't you finished yet?"

I dragged my Mum and Sister to an early show when it was at one of the old venues (Wembley Ex Centre I think) to help me getting VQ's then they left and I carried on.  I dragged them across London at early O'clock to queue for ages because they had 4/5 big Stargate names and I was worried I'd not be able to get them all.

All I can say to old me is  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA YOU THOUGHT EVENTS WERE HARD THEN!  YOU FOOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kaybird said:

Does anyone here attend comic con solo?

I go to many of them solo this is my 12th year snd honestly you make so many friends though it, I just chat away to people in the queues even if they dont want to be talked to :lol:

• Like 2