General Chat

Wrong Name

8 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Yeah it wouldn’t feel right to me to be married and thinking of having kids already, but that’s just me I know other people my age are different

We've all got to do what feels right for ourselves :) You're getting to go to conventions and talks whenever you want, free woman for the win! :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

We've all got to do what feels right for ourselves :) You're getting to go to conventions and talks whenever you want, free woman for the win! :D

Yeah, you don’t need to get yourself involved with the type of complex negotiations Broo has to go through each year to get to LFCC :D

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

A Peter or David look a like!? :poki:

My partner doesn't even like Doctor Who (:headscratch:). He never has and he never will. But as he knows not to even breathe out of turn when I'm watching it I can forgive him. It's amazing what you can live with. :lol:

• Like 2

My partner is probably more of a nerd than me. There’s a huge intersection where our fandoms meet so it’s perfect for con going, even if I do moan selfishly when I have to stand in a queue for yet another Once Upon A Time or Buffy guest. Still her wheelchair makes a handy storage facility for my stuff so it’s swings and roundabouts.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

My partner is probably more of a nerd than me. There’s a huge intersection where our fandoms meet so it’s perfect for con going, even if I do moan selfishly when I have to stand in a queue for yet another Once Upon A Time or Buffy guest. Still her wheelchair makes a handy storage facility for my stuff so it’s swings and roundabouts.

I doubt I will ever persuade my partner to attend a con. His nerd-dom takes the form of historical re-enactments. But then he knows perfectly well I am never going to stand in a muddy field watching a long forgotten battle :lol:. Our mutual interests lie in other areas. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

You guys have been busy while I've been doing some house cleaning. So since I've been a good girl and cleaned my apartment does that mean I can eat all the candy now?

It’s all finished sorry. You could have some of Raylenth’s sour cherry jam when it’s ready.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

You guys have been busy while I've been doing some house cleaning. So since I've been a good girl and cleaned my apartment does that mean I can eat all the candy now?

As you've been so good. 

kscfd.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

ALL THE CANDY 

UjFq.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broo said:

I'm tipsy and happy about it. How is everyone else?

Had to sit in a freezing cold ice rink watching three of my children doing their ice skating lessons today whilst it was beautiful sunny outside for once :rolleyes: was supposed to wash the car this afternoon but ended up falling asleep :blink: whoops! Its such an exciting life!

Have been chatting to my daughter about what she wants to do in London on the Monday morning before we head home after LFCC.. asked if she wanted to see any of the famous places and apparently the giant m and m shop is winning as everything else is too boring :rolleyes:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

Had to sit in a freezing cold ice rink watching three of my children doing their ice skating lessons today whilst it was beautiful sunny outside for once :rolleyes: was supposed to wash the car this afternoon but ended up falling asleep :blink: whoops! Its such an exciting life!

Have been chatting to my daughter about what she wants to do in London on the Monday morning before we head home after LFCC.. asked if she wanted to see any of the famous places and apparently the giant m and m shop is winning as everything else is too boring :rolleyes:

Getting to sleep is amazing (no joke!) so that sounds divine! I hadn't heard about the m&m shop, had to look it up, looks great!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

I have no idea what it's going to be like on the monday but as it's school holidays just to let you know that you should be prepared for hell on earth if you go to the M&M shop as it will be rammed.  It'll be like the LFCC auto area on the Saturday but worse because they pump out a fake chemical chocolate smell.

On a lighter note, yay the cherries are all done and freezing and i'm totally covered in cherry juice as is my carpet.  Oh well.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I have no idea what it's going to be like on the monday but as it's school holidays just to let you know that you should be prepared for hell on earth if you go to the M&M shop as it will be rammed.  It'll be like the LFCC auto area on the Saturday but worse because they pump out a fake chemical chocolate smell.

Forgot about the school holidays, whoops! Cause we home educate I never really notice them until suddenly theres children everywhere and we go into hibernation for the summer :lol: may avoid the m and m shop in that case as I dont think either of us are bothered. Can see us camping out all day at gatwick waiting for our evening flight as we will be too knackered to do much else after sat and sun at LFCC :lol:

Those cherries sound yummy :wub: 

We are making t rex teeth out of clay this week for a t rex challenge, plus another one of the challenges is to eat as many marshmallows as you can without using your arms or hands... think us adults are looking forward to it just as much as the kids :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keepingmesane said:

We are making t rex teeth out of clay this week for a t rex challenge, plus another one of the challenges is to eat as many marshmallows as you can without using your arms or hands... think us adults are looking forward to it just as much as the kids :D

That sounds like fun :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

I think you are all going to end up sticky.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Broo said:

Getting to sleep is amazing (no joke!) so that sounds divine! I hadn't heard about the m&m shop, had to look it up, looks great!

Ive been exhausted this year so when I get a chance to sit I usually nod off for a few minutes and thats when at least one of my children decides they absolutely need my attention :mellow: when I'm around to help they are usually perfectly happy to entertain themselves

apparently the lego store is opposite the m&m shop but my daughter isnt interested in that :rolleyes: shes a fussy madam. Will wait to see how sore her legs are before planning anything as no doubt we will both just want to sit and relax (asked if she wanted to do a boat sightseeing and she said no thanks ive seen titanic :lol::lol: she wont go on any boats thanks to that film)

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

I think you are all going to end up sticky.

Just a bit but at least its slightly cleaner than one of the other challenges which is to make a jam sandwich with t rex arms :lol: knowing how messy my kids are normally making sandwiches, i dread to think of the chaos that would ensue 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I’ve only ever done one Saturday at LFCC and it was... well, regulars will know what Saturday is like. Hence why I usually have only done Friday, SM has a habit of putting the SW folks mostly then (which is perfect as that’s what I’m mostly into) and it tends to be a little more sane. I’m thinking about doing Saturday again but a laid back version, with only a few people on the shopping list and my first DP in Ian McDiarmid (I need a couple more Palpatine autographs!). Can anyone convince this is a good course of action? :P

Edited by Mayhem

5 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

I’ve only ever done one Saturday at LFCC and it was... well, regulars will know what Saturday is like. Hence why I usually have only done Friday, SM has a habit of putting the SW folks mostly then (which is perfect as that’s what I’m mostly into) and it tends to be a little more sane. I’m thinking about doing Saturday again but a laid back version, with only a few people on the shopping list and my first DP in Ian McDiarmid (I need a couple more Palpatine autographs!). Can anyone convince this is a good course of action? :P

Saturday's OK really, I've never had too much of an issue, but I don't do loads of guests and have been lucky with VQ's.

1 hour ago, Mayhem said:

I usually do 10-12 photos each day, and a good numbers of autos but I have never had issues. But it is really up to what you are planning to do, I never do talks so that saves me loads of time. Between photos and autos I look through the vendors or eat, always had time for that. I even had time for one or two extra photos or autos. Saturday is more hectic than the other two days, more people, true, but I dont think you will have any problems. 

Edited by Chris1970