General Chat

Wrong Name

34 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Can I just say that this post was amazing and you all let yourselves down by not appreciating it.

Meh, we never have enough bread

Edited by Raylenth

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

ditto..but I knew it was up..but not where "up"..but I guess there are stairs :P

I have issue remebering which floor has autos on it :lol: im sure I will still get lost going up and end up on the roof

37 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Meh, we never have enough bread

Ok, maybe I need to explain it to everybody, as I know I operate on a higher level than you people.

Please pay attention, and save your applause until the end:

It all started as Kurdamoni was asked to describe their tattoo:

17 hours ago, natedammit said:
17 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

A line of text; 'Orbis non sufficit

Oh, that's very similar to my tattoo: 'Hovis non sufficit'. If you just ate bread, it would be rubbish, so you need to put stuff in the bread like ham or cheese or ham and cheese.

It's a metaphor for life.

'Orbis non sufficit' is Latin for 'the world is not enough'. It's James Bond's family motto, hence why it is tattooed upon Kurda's body one would presume. I changed that to 'Hovis non sufficit', due to the interchanged words having sufficient phonetical similarities for the joke to work. Hovis is known for being a popular maker of bread, thus the phrase could now be translated to 'bread is not enough' (NB: of course Hovis is not actually Latin for bread, but it is actually a shortening of the Latin phrase 'hominis vis' meaning 'strength of man' adding another deliciously subtle layer of humour into the joke).

I then came up with a credible reason as to why I may have a tattoo declaring that 'bread is not enough'. Bread is generally considered a filling yet bland product, an essential part of the diet of most cultures around the world but on it's own not something considered particularly 'flavourful' or 'exciting'. One may get tired of simply eating bread every day (plus it lacks many essential nutrients vital for healthy, balanced diet thus making a bread only diet a very poor option). Due to this, bread is generally supplemented with other foodstuffs one deems more pleasurable: one example would be with the filling in a sandwich (this is specifically to what my ham and cheese comment was referring) but there are many other options.

I declared this comment on the positive and negative aspects of bread as a 'metaphor for life'. Put simply, a metaphor is taking one thing and using it to illustrate something else via a comparison, i.e. life isn't literally made of bread, but, I posited, shares the particular characteristic I have previously described. The things that are necessary in life are not always particularly 'flavourful' or 'exciting'. One may get tired of simply performing these tasks every day. Due to this, life needs to be supplemented with other ventures one deems more pleasurable: one example would be visiting London Film and Comic Con (or amusing oneself by composing ridiculously lengthy posts on a forum dedicated to such an event) but there are many other options.

54 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Ok, maybe I need to explain it to everybody, as I know I operate on a higher level than you people.

Please pay attention, and save your applause until the end:

It all started as Kurdamoni was asked to describe their tattoo:

'Orbis non sufficit' is Latin for 'the world is not enough'. It's James Bond's family motto, hence why it is tattooed upon Kurda's body one would presume. I changed that to 'Hovis non sufficit', due to the interchanged words having sufficient phonetical similarities for the joke to work. Hovis is known for being a popular maker of bread, thus the phrase could now be translated to 'bread is not enough' (NB: of course Hovis is not actually Latin for bread, but it is actually a shortening of the Latin phrase 'hominis vis' meaning 'strength of man' adding another deliciously subtle layer of humour into the joke).

I then came up with a credible reason as to why I may have a tattoo declaring that 'bread is not enough'. Bread is generally considered a filling yet bland product, an essential part of the diet of most cultures around the world but on it's own not something considered particularly 'flavourful' or 'exciting'. One may get tired of simply eating bread every day (plus it lacks many essential nutrients vital for healthy, balanced diet thus making a bread only diet a very poor option). Due to this, bread is generally supplemented with other foodstuffs one deems more pleasurable: one example would be with the filling in a sandwich (this is specifically to what my ham and cheese comment was referring) but there are many other options.

I declared this comment on the positive and negative aspects of bread as a 'metaphor for life'. Put simply, a metaphor is taking one thing and using it to illustrate something else via a comparison, i.e. life isn't literally made of bread, but, I posited, shares the particular characteristic I have previously described. The things that are necessary in life are not always particularly 'flavourful' or 'exciting'. One may get tired of simply performing these tasks every day. Due to this, life needs to be supplemented with other ventures one deems more pleasurable: one example would be visiting London Film and Comic Con (or amusing oneself by composing ridiculously lengthy posts on a forum dedicated to such an event) but there are many other options.

9e0c09e2d42097f4434760cac04cdcf7.gif

• Haha 2

On 7/2/2019 at 7:53 PM, DCGIRL1987 said:

Dear showmasters 

running out of cash, willing to trade in my car, house and my soul. I have to two good working kidneys a slightly ok liver a week of no gin may sort that out and a fully functioning limbs that I would trade for a fair price.

It’s either the above or I become a stripper and at the age of 32 I’m struggling to get out  of bed never mind getting up from sliding down a pole, I’m also as sexy as a giraffe on skates please hear my plea.

for those or you who can you can donate now to my cause www.seriousconaddict.com page right now 

kind regards 

just been messaged saying that its very disrecpectful to people who dont have organs to joke about selling them for con,

Well im very sorry to offend however id also sell my own mother for a dp passe true story ;)

26 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

just been messaged saying that its very disrecpectful to people who dont have organs to joke about selling them for con,

Well im very sorry to offend however id also sell my own mother for a dp passe true story ;)

Dont you know..it is the trend of today..no matter what you say, do, think, act, look, love, eat..... you always risk to offend someone. That really offends me. <_<

tenor.gif?itemid=8163424

43 minutes ago, Broo said:

9e0c09e2d42097f4434760cac04cdcf7.gif

You know what, somewhere on this board there is a lurker who has taken the time to read my earlier post and had their mind expanded and life improved. Indeed there's probably several.

To those lucky few I simply say: "you're welcome".

To the rest of you I sadly lower myself to your level:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

You know what, somewhere on this board there is a lurker who has taken the time to read my earlier post and had their mind expanded and life improved. Indeed there's probably several.

To those lucky few I simply say: "you're welcome".

To the rest of you I sadly lower myself to your level:

giphy.gif

No there isn't.

Or if there is, is it your mum?

Edited by Raylenth