General Chat

Wrong Name

18 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Half way through my first day back at work since LFCC. I need to go and find some more people to show my photos and autos to. :D

That’s the trouble with the not we. They just don’t get it. I don’t even bother any more. All I get is “how much was that?” ‘You’re off your head” etc. I don’t care though, they’re for me not anyone else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ravogd said:

That’s the trouble with the not we. They just don’t get it. I don’t even bother any more. All I get is “how much was that?” ‘You’re off your head” etc. I don’t care though, they’re for me not anyone else.

Like I react when ppl talk to me about sport..lottery..hunting..cars... :rolleyes: We all have our interests and I am just happy we arent all the same, even with the same interest.

1 hour ago, Ravogd said:

Never had that problem. Barely get in the door before colleagues/friends are asking "how was it?, where are the photos?". And I love talking about it. Win, win. :thumbup:

• Like 3

And I'm back in Los Angeles (with a cat on my lap -- which is my usual state of existence when in my living room).  I look forward to seeing you all again (virtually) when I start hanging around the forum for LFCC 2020 -- or maybe the Spring one instead.  

::: waves bye-bye :::

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I am just happy I have you all to share it with. :wub2:

It's great that so many people are happy to share their LFCC experience. I love seeing pictures of other people's photo sessions,  autographs and hearing about their wonderful guest experiences. Even with guests I would never contemplate meeting I still get a buzz seeing what a brilliant time others had. A great cure for the post con blues. :clap:

• Like 4

One thing that needs to be brought up is that some VQ's weren't printed with the guest name. So for Val Kilmer it just had a letter of the alphabet on it with the words 'Saturday/Sunday' printed on the VQ ticket. I did ask a crew member to write down who the guest was on some of the VQ tickets that had no printed name. However later on the crew got a bit iffy about the name being 'handwritten' rather than 'printed'. Perhaps something to bear in mind going forwards.

10 hours ago, Ravogd said:

This what I love about LFCC. This year was only my second one after 2018 but the sense of community and togetherness I've felt has been amazing. I don't tell any of my mates what I got signed/who I got photos with/what I bought from the stalls because they simply won't appreciate it or understand it. As you said, they're for me and that's all that matters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Never had that problem. Barely get in the door before colleagues/friends are asking "how was it?, where are the photos?". And I love talking about it. Win, win. :thumbup:

Perhaps if I told some of my friends they'd say "ah yeah, that's cool" but the minute I tell them the price they'd think I'm crazy. But for me, it's all completely worth it. The things I buy and memories I have at LFCC are priceless, really can't put a price on it in my opinion :D

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bazza96 said:

Perhaps if I told some of my friends they'd say "ah yeah, that's cool" but the minute I tell them the price they'd think I'm crazy. But for me, it's all completely worth it. The things I buy and memories I have at LFCC are priceless, really can't put a price on it in my opinion :D

Exact! I usually reply that I think it is crazy to put x amount of money on a new sent of golf clubs..a rifle..on bling bling on a car.. It is all up to what we are interested in. It does not matter what it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Disneymaniacus said:

A question to who might know. I read somewhere that next years date are July 24th through 26th.

Are these dates correct and confirmed?

Not yet. SM i still working with Olympia about it. Keep an eye open. I think it might be a date change as there is a big one in the US going on at the same weekend as LFCC normally should happen next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Not yet. SM i still working with Olympia about it. Keep an eye open. I think it might be a date change as there is a big one in the US going on at the same weekend as LFCC normally should happen next year.

Thanks for the quick response. I will wait with booking a flight and hotel until SM confirms the dates :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Feels weird knowing that LFCC is over now, what is everyone going to do with themselves this weekend? ^_^

Preparing my daughter for starting nursery on Monday, I hope she nails it and takes no crap from the other kids heh.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Feels weird knowing that LFCC is over now, what is everyone going to do with themselves this weekend? ^_^

Taking a break before doing it all again (on a much smaller scale) at Glasgow in a couple of weeks.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Well it's my birthday on Saturday and my city is throwing a party to celebrate! I keep telling myself that but really it's our Pride parade so I'll be attending that. Out for a meal on Sunday. Weird to think LFCC isn't happening again for another year.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Well it's my birthday on Saturday and my city is throwing a party to celebrate! I keep telling myself that but really it's our Pride parade so I'll be attending that. Out for a meal on Sunday. Weird to think LFCC isn't happening again for another year.

Happy birthday for Saturday :dance:. The parade is definitely for you, don’t let anybody tell you any different!

36 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Happy Birthday and enjoy Pride! ^_^