General Chat

Wrong Name

15 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

I think I may have cut through a few lines but I always said excuse me and thanks when I did. Sorry if I offended anyone! :blush:

My sorry might have been quite deflated due to how shattered I was at some points :lol: people probably thought I was being rude, even though they don’t know who I am sorry 

55 minutes ago, RyanHSaunders91 said:

I’m on about the people who walk up to you and expect you to move out of their way and when you do, they don’t say thanks. Ignoramuses 

I know what you mean. It gets annoying. That happened quite a few times to me on saturday I think.

58 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

I think I may have cut through a few lines but I always said excuse me and thanks when I did. Sorry if I offended anyone! :blush:

That's fine. Its when people just walk through without doing that at all. I think at one point I may have contemplated making a career choice to part time door....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, maegurwen said:

That's fine. Its when people just walk through without doing that at all. I think at one point I may have contemplated making a career choice to part time door....

You too, did not matter where I was..yes..cut where I was standing. The only ones that I did not mind was Kane Hodder and Hayden. :D

Advice for myself for next year:

1.  Come Friday and Sunday.  (Skip Saturday if you can.)  Do not go to Secret Cinema Thursday night.

2.  It is warmer than you think it is.  Bring your fan.  Dress light.  Bring your other fan.

3.  Wear a cosplay.  A lightweight cosplay.  With comfortable shoes.

4.  Bring things for people to sign.

5.  If you're going to buy plastic covers for photos and autographs, buy them all on Friday -- before they sell out of all the photo- and autograph-sized ones.

6.  Bring a bag big enough to keep an 8 x 10 flat in it.

7.  Buy a DP or two.

8.  Sneak out at lunch and go to that pub.

9.  The kitchen closes at that pub at, iike, 2:00 or something.

10.  The people at LFCC are nice.

11.  The fish 'n' chips aren't.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Pir8Jenny said:

Advice for myself for next year:

3.  Wear a cosplay.  A lightweight cosplay.  With comfortable shoes. Cosplay someone at the beach

4.  Bring things for people to sign. You don't always need to as they will have 8x10, it just depends if you want a specific image or to start a poster

5.  If you're going to buy plastic covers for photos and autographs, buy them all on Friday -- before they sell out of all the photo- and autograph-sized ones. NO TO TOPLOADERS do not use them for signed stuff, they are not acid free and as the sig touches the inner side your auto can transfer off.  See below for cases for on the day and invest in some long term storage options.   Anything listed as acid free, or archive quality is fine to use, a lot of people use arrowfile pages, or there's this company who if you email will set you up and an account http://www.cxdinternational.com/productdetails.aspx?id=465&itemno=PYTCRP8600 or these https://www.londongraphics.co.uk/catalogsearch/result?q=Teloman+boxes

6.  Bring a bag big enough to keep an 8 x 10 flat in it. Buy one of these, cheap, sits nicely in a bag and you can keep your pics/8x10's nice and safe https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000KN6HD6/?coliid=I3TKY4XO4IDHZ5&colid=DW4A1VFM63YD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

7.  Buy a DP or two. I'd always caution that it depends who it's for, it does make things easier but isn't always necessary

I shall amend with some tips

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I had the usual dealer problem in the Brendan Fraser Queue they was put in front of me & must have had over 40 items for signing.You could see he wasn't happy about doing it so when it came time for me he wasn't in a great frame of mind to do it so was rushed along. They need to have separate times for dealer signings 

43 minutes ago, mark worton said:

I had the usual dealer problem in the Brendan Fraser Queue they was put in front of me & must have had over 40 items for signing.You could see he wasn't happy about doing it so when it came time for me he wasn't in a great frame of mind to do it so was rushed along. They need to have separate times for dealer signings 

If they were put in front of you, that's the preorder service, not a dealer. Dealers don't get any special treatment.

• Like 1

Whovians! I was watching the Waters of Mars and my Dad came in and being a non-Whovian decided to come in and criticise the whole episode:

David Tennant has too many teeth in his mouth!

David Tennant’s teeth are wonky!

David Tennant’s teeth stick out!

Why does the Doctor always look like he’s seen a ghost!

Why does David Tennant grit his teeth all the time, we don’t want to see them!

That woman who plays Adelaide Brooke is so old!

Why is there water coming out of those people, have they wet themselves?

:blink:

Someone please save me from this madness! I daren’t put any Peter episodes on! 

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

If they were put in front of you, that's the preorder service, not a dealer. Dealers don't get any special treatment.

They were all comic books that were being signed which made me think it was more of a dealer 

3 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Whovians! I was watching the Waters of Mars and my Dad came in and being a non-Whovian decided to come in and criticise the whole episode:

Oh my! I actually have no words, this is one of those times where silence is the only response 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Only one thing for it I'm afraid. 

Ask to be adopted.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1