General Chat

Wrong Name

1 minute ago, EllaBlair said:

Mine wasn't but I'm not completely sure if I asked for it or not I was a bit starstruck at the time. He's a wonderful guest though. His talk was one of my highlights.

Sadly I had to miss his talk, but everyone has been saying such good things about him that I'm even more excited to meet him now. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

So, one thing no one has mentioned, which I CANNNOT believe, is a certain caramelly flavoured pudding item? 

Not looked at the stalls much but hoping to today. 

Oh the CARAMAC CUPCAKES? I heard salted caramel cupcakes but didn't hear caramac. I bought at least 3 chocolate brownies tho.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Diabolik said:

I couldn’t get near the stalls yesterday, ah well saved some money!

I didn't get near the stalls either, had 12 photo ops so was super busy running back and forth between photo areas A-D and photo areas E-G lol. But, like you said, it probably saved me a lot of money.

12 hours ago, Pir8Jenny said:

Am just about to pull the trigger on my very firstest Diamond Pass (in part in recognition of the reality that I will never get there on time to get low VQ numbers -- time IS money, apparently).

Update:  Damn you, SM.  DPs (particularly on Sundays) are so worth it.  Absolutely perfect experience.  Had breakfast; got here at 11; picked up DP; casually got autograph; casually got photo; no stress at all.  :)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, EllaBlair said:

Mine wasn't but I'm not completely sure if I asked for it or not I was a bit starstruck at the time. He's a wonderful guest though. His talk was one of my highlights.

I know it's too late now, but he personlised my items

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I know it's too late now, but he personlised my items

I'm glad to hear it! I'm not too bothered about personalisation like other people are. It's nice but I don't expect it from guests especially not the bigger ones. John was so nice when we spoke to him that I don't mind at all.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

I'm glad to hear it! I'm not too bothered about personalisation like other people are. It's nice but I don't expect it from guests especially not the bigger ones. John was so nice when we spoke to him that I don't mind at all.

I wasnt expecting a personalisation from him as i knew he'd be mega busy. But he was absolutely charming, could have rushed people through. But he took his time with everyone.  

Can’t believe how quick this weekend has gone doesn’t seem five minutes since I was reading everyone’s comments about being in the queue on Friday morning :lol:

Hope you all had a great time anyway which I’m sure you did! :coolthumb:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RyanHSaunders91 said:

The only criticism I have from this weekend, is when you’re queueing for autographs and people just cut through the line as a short cut. This should not happen! To avoid this, maybe have some barriers up or something? 

I don't know... I had Christina Ricci cut through my line, and turn to apologise to me. I wouldn't mind that happening again :wub:

Now about to start working on my photos. Apologies  - I will probably do several posts. I have no social media to create a link to (and wouldn't know how to even if I did) nor do I know how to put images together into a collage (the last time I made a collage was a primary school with dried pasta and pulses)! :laugh:

I know you were probably all not waiting on tenterhooks for this update but I found the cupcake stall, looking extremely desolate and abandoned - it was Sunday afternoon though so was all sold out.

I think I must have some sort of cupcake stand repelling dna though because when I met up with  @StuartG2198 and it came up, he told me he knew exactly were the stand was and would take me there ..............well after walking around the halls a couple of times we did eventually find it! :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

I know you were probably all not waiting on tenterhooks for this update but I found the cupcake stall, looking extremely desolate and abandoned - it was Sunday afternoon though so was all sold out.

I think I must have some sort of cupcake stand repelling dna though because when I met up with  @StuartG2198 and it came up, he told me he knew exactly were the stand was and would take me there ..............well after walking around the halls a couple of times we did eventually find it! :lol:

I did see a stall selling cupcakes, but I don't belive it was the cupcake stall. Didn't have time to get around all the stalls so never found out. Would have loved to taste a caramac cupcake!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I did see a stall selling cupcakes, but I don't belive it was the cupcake stall. Didn't have time to get around all the stalls so never found out. Would have loved to taste a caramac cupcake!

Broo said they actually didn't have any this time.  Heathens!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I don't know... I had Christina Ricci cut through my line, and turn to apologise to me. I wouldn't mind that happening again :wub:

I’m on about the people who walk up to you and expect you to move out of their way and when you do, they don’t say thanks. Ignoramuses 

Edited by RyanHSaunders91