General Chat

Wrong Name

24 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I didn't know that, guess I'll make sure to go straight to him then. :D

hopefully we will both get him, I'm trying on VQ's as well on the Friday but i'll be there all three days, but i won't get to the venue until about 11 on Friday at the moment so might be too late for a good VQ

Edited by GreenArrow2046
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

You wont be disappointed, he was, pun intended, a fantastic guest to meet. Well worth meeting him

that's great to know, i wanted to attend last year as soon as peter capaldi and christopher were announced but to put it bluntly i was skint and couldn't go, so when he was announced this year the decision was made that i was going , diamond pass has been bought for a while and looking forward to meeting him :YAHOO:

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I imagine Kilmer will be the hardest, but hopefully all goes well and I get them all. :thumbup:

I'm getting Kilmer on Saturday Diamond pass, i don't think he's sold many diamond pass batches for Sunday so you might be okay if you're there the full day, but I'm not sure on about his signing speed so not sure 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

I'm getting Kilmer on Saturday Diamond pass, i don't think he's sold many diamond pass batches for Sunday so you might be okay if you're there the full day, but I'm not sure on about his signing speed so not sure 

I'm going to be there for the entire day, yes, so hopefully if I go straight to him and Billy Dee I should be ok. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

You wont be disappointed, he was, pun intended, a fantastic guest to meet. Well worth meeting him

^^ This. If you're thinking about it, just go for it! I don't regret meeting him last year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

That's good to know, thanks. Is Billy Dee known as a slow signer then, or is it the age factor which will make him the trickiest?

He can be, yes, although he was getting through his queue reasonably well at LFCC Spring in 2017. He's only on diamond batch 2 for Sunday, so a low VQ should be okay. Likewise same batch for Friday, which is when I'm aiming to get him, arriving about 8am hopefully to queue.

Edited by Mayhem
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

He can be, yes, although he was getting through his queue reasonably well at LFCC Spring in 2017. He's only on diamond batch 2 for Sunday, so a low VQ should be okay. Likewise same batch for Friday, which is when I'm aiming to get him, arriving about 8am hopefully to queue.

I'm trying for his auto too so that's good to hear :)

Interesting to read about speed of signers, it was an issue with one or two last year. I'm going on Friday purely to get Billy Dee pretty much and enjoy the stalls, which then leaves Saturday a bit less hectic to make sure I get my other autos although I know I'll still be sprinting between queues I know that for sure! I remember getting to Olympia quite early last year but I can't remember what time it was. What time do you guys recommend getting there on the Friday and Sat to get as low VQ's as possible? I live in London so getting there shouldn't be too much of an issue, it's waking up in the first that's usually the issue for me! :lol:

I’ll be aiming to arrive between 8 and 8:30 on Friday. Doors open 10am. Really just there for VQ for BDW and maybe Peter S, everyone else I should be able to get without issue although there are quite a few SW peeps to see, another reason for arriving early. Saturday will be a lot more relaxed, only a few autographs, and hopefully then time to explore the stalls. I mean walls of Funko Pops, weapons, diabetes inducing treats, and t-shirt piles heh.

8 hours ago, bazza96 said:

Interesting to read about speed of signers, it was an issue with one or two last year. I'm going on Friday purely to get Billy Dee pretty much and enjoy the stalls, which then leaves Saturday a bit less hectic to make sure I get my other autos although I know I'll still be sprinting between queues I know that for sure! I remember getting to Olympia quite early last year but I can't remember what time it was. What time do you guys recommend getting there on the Friday and Sat to get as low VQ's as possible? I live in London so getting there shouldn't be too much of an issue, it's waking up in the first that's usually the issue for me! :lol:

Personally I try to get there 2 hours before opening, so Friday at 8, and sat and sun at 7

8 hours ago, Mayhem said:

I’ll be aiming to arrive between 8 and 8:30 on Friday. Doors open 10am. Really just there for VQ for BDW and maybe Peter S, everyone else I should be able to get without issue although there are quite a few SW peeps to see, another reason for arriving early. Saturday will be a lot more relaxed, only a few autographs, and hopefully then time to explore the stalls. I mean walls of Funko Pops, weapons, diabetes inducing treats, and t-shirt piles heh.

1 hour ago, Broo said:

Personally I try to get there 2 hours before opening, so Friday at 8, and sat and sun at 7

Thanks for concise info, much appreciated. Looking forward to the weekend!

Typical... just found out David Tennant will be filming right nesr where i live starting this friday.... when i will be in London   :(         happy i met him last yesr tho but doesnt mean i wouldnt have went trying to catch a glimpse while filming in area.

• Sad 1

Often the guest signing speed isn’t the only factor, it’s also how long they’re away from their desk doing photo shoots, talks and breaks.

Shatner is a signing machine but I still went DP Saturday as he’s my main guest and he’s doing a few shoots whether solo, captains chair or with Zachary Quinto.

17 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

Often the guest signing speed isn’t the only factor, it’s also how long they’re away from their desk doing photo shoots, talks and breaks.

Shatner is a signing machine but I still went DP Saturday as he’s my main guest and he’s doing a few shoots whether solo, captains chair or with Zachary Quinto.

Yes but that is true of every busy, popular guest. Signing speed is the biggest factor. Shatner is a convention pro if there is such a thing and likes things to be organised properly so he can get through as many people as possible so even though he’s busy he’ll get well into his VQs, some other busy popular guests may struggle to complete diamonds.

So my cousin has just casually announced that she is working with Christopher Eccleston today and she said he’s so nice! I told her to tell him from me that’s he’s ‘fantastic’ hoping he will get my Ninth Doctor reference! :lol:

It’s the second time she’s worked with him and she’s already worked with Matt Smith and Peter Davison, I’m begging her to work with Peter and David at some point! :wub:

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

So my cousin has just casually announced that she is working with Christopher Eccleston today and she said he’s so nice! I told her to tell him from me that’s he’s ‘fantastic’ hoping he will get my Ninth Doctor reference! :lol:

It’s the second time she’s worked with him and she’s already worked with Matt Smith and Peter Davison, I’m begging her to work with Peter and David at some point! :wub:

I love it when friends/family don’t get our nerddom. My brother in law has also worked with Eccleston and Tennant and didn’t announce either until after it had happened. His regular non-acting job (at the time) was at Mary Kings Close in Edinburgh and they were using their location for shooting the Avengers and their kitchens were used for catering. He met quite a few of the main cast. Didn’t get selfies or autographs and didn’t tell us until about 6 months after (although to be fair he did leave for a job in China for 6 months so I can let him off with that.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

A friend of mine was sitting behind Daniel Craig at the British Grand Prix a couple of weeks ago. Did he get any photo or auto  - no he didn't. Jeez! I wonder why I associate with some people. I would have been geeking out. 

• Like 2

Looking forward to this weekend.

I've had a tough little bout of depression this past couple of weeks due to some personal stuff and while I hate thats so close to my favorite event of the summer, Im really hopingI can get that boost of happiness at the event and catching up with old friends

Look foward to seeing Rey Mysterio and the Wrestlers as well as Lana, Val, Billy Dee and a whole host more

1 minute ago, Kal-El said:

Looking forward to this weekend.

I've had a tough little bout of depression this past couple of weeks due to some personal stuff and while I hate thats so close to my favorite event of the summer, Im really hopingI can get that boost of happiness at the event and catching up with old friends

Look foward to seeing Rey Mysterio and the Wrestlers as well as Lana, Val, Billy Dee and a whole host more

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you do get a huge boost from the con and have a blast of a weekend. 

• Like 1