General Chat

Wrong Name

16 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Just bought a Martin Sheen in the Oval Office photo.

Guest list now complete. :YAHOO:

I'm still thinking on a Martin sheen regular photo op. Will spend some time this evening adding up my spending total and decide then me thinks :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Broo said:

I'm still thinking on a Martin sheen regular photo op. Will spend some time this evening adding up my spending total and decide then me thinks :)

Do it do it do it do it do it. I’ll let you borrow my “Bartlet 2020” election t-shirt for it if I see you. :lol:

The line up of films in Phase 4 for Marvel looks interesting https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1085199-comic-con-full-marvel-phase-4-slate-confirmed?fbclid=IwAR30e-z2XY-CYh1YfMMicSR2_opWdB5_yHVI2c6tC6aUNoaJCFh45ocj3PQ though you need to be able to watch the upcoming WandaVision to watch the new Doctor Strange film so I'll definitely have to look into how to get the Disney + channel.  Strange should be a horror/scary film so that'll be interesting.

And Endgame is predicted to pass Avatar today to become the highest grossing film so well done the Russo Bros.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Just bought a Martin Sheen in the Oval Office photo.

As this is a public statement, you are now contractually obliged to stick to this, so any late announcement of Peter Capaldi and you are tied to this statement that your guest list is complete :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

As this is a public statement, you are now contractually obliged to stick to this, so any late announcement of Peter Capaldi and you are tied to this statement that your guest list is complete :whistling:

Including cancels as well. Complete is complete. :coolthumb:

Only 5 more sleeps and my preparations are done - I think. 

I have

- comfortable shoes

- refreshing wipes and deo

- snack energy bars

- refillable water bottle

- floor plan and schedule saved on phone in case of no wifi

- cash with lots of fivers

- all tickets printed

- acid-free folder for photos and autographs

- mini portable ventilator

- sturdy but not too big backpack

- power bank

Is there anything else I'm missing? I'm absolutely terrified of my first con and I'm going alone and I CAN'T WAIT anymore ^^'

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Owls said:

I have

- comfortable shoes

- snack energy bars

- all tickets printed

- power bank

Is there anything else I'm missing? I'm absolutely terrified of my first con and I'm going alone and I CAN'T WAIT anymore ^^'

All sounds good.  Don't be terrified, you will be fine.  Talk to people in the auto/photo queues - you are there for the same guest so you have something in common with your queue mates :lol:

You sound very prepared @Owls :) understandable that it all feels a lil intimidating but I can only echo what Raylenth has said, I've had so many great conversations with folks while waiting in queues :) Also, don't hesitate to speak with crew if you need any help/clarification on something. If it starts to feel a lil overwhelming and you don't have any immediate photo ops, the lower level has great stalls and is less crowded so there's opportunity for breathing space if you need it :)

17 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

14 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

With one exception! :whistling:

peter-capaldi-gif-5.gif

Already added a get out clause  @Raylenth and @Chris1970 :poki:

I am contractually obliged to add Peter Capaldi in the event of his last minute guest announcement :whistling:

Edited by Peter Capaldi Fan
Addition
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Already added a get out clause  @Raylenth and @Chris1970 :poki:

I am contractually obliged to add Peter Capaldi in the event his last minute guest announcement :whistling:

Hmmm, technicalities :D  You can't expect us to read everything, we aren't made of eyes you know.

Edited by Raylenth

18 minutes ago, Owls said:

I have

- comfortable shoes

- snack energy bars

- all tickets printed

- power bank

My first time last year. You seem very well prepared. As others have stated ask for help if you need it and chat to people in queues. Have a great time. :D

Oh, and don't forget to drink plenty of water. Best advice I can give. It does get hot in the venue even with air con.