General Chat

Wrong Name

4 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Billy has been to a number of SM shows in the last 5 years or so. I agree, with him in episode 9 he could be more popular, but the film isn't out yet and people are being more wary of Star Wars after the last couple of films.

I keep forgetting that I'm in the minority for liking episode 8 and Solo. :lol: I fully understand why people aren't fans of those films though, I think they're far from perfect but I still find lots to enjoy in them. 

I'm really looking forward to episode 9, and seeing Billy back as well is another reason to be excited for in my eyes. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I keep forgetting that I'm in the minority for liking episode 8 and Solo. :lol: I fully understand why people aren't fans of those films though, I think they're far from perfect but I still find lots to enjoy in them. 

I'm really looking forward to episode 9, and seeing Billy back as well is another reason to be excited for in my eyes. :thumbup:

I agree with you about Solo and 8. I enjoyed them, Solo is a good adventure movie. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I agree with you about Solo and 8. I enjoyed them, Solo is a good adventure movie. 

Solo is brilliant but for me Star Wars has no episode 8. It just doesn’t exist.

• Like 1

Just now, Ravogd said:

Solo is brilliant but for me Star Wars has no episode 8. It just doesn’t exist.

I am more of original trilogy if you twist my arm but I can accept 1-3. And when I mean original trilogy I mean pre 1997.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

I agree about Solo, I really enjoyed it and seen it twice at the cinema thanks to cineworld unlimited 

It’s my favourite card in my wallet is my unlimited card

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I like every Star Wars film except episode 2. Now when I say like, I'm not saying they're perfect. ANH and Empire are (or are very close to being), but I can easily pick apart TPM and TLJ, but I still enjoy them all (minus AOTC). :D

ANH is my favourite, always will. It was there it started for me. I saw it at the cinema when it was new. And it started a tradition for me, since then I have seen every Star Wars on the big screen first when it was new. So in December I will close that 42 year long tradition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

I agree about Solo, I really enjoyed it and seen it twice at the cinema thanks to cineworld unlimited 

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

It’s my favourite card in my wallet is my unlimited card

Sorry guys, but I'm with the rival company. I've got Odeon limitless. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

ANH is my favourite, always will. It was there it started for me. I saw it at the cinema when it was new. And it started a tradition for me, since then I have seen every Star Wars on the big screen first when it was new. So in December I will close that 42 year long tradition.

Although episode 9 is the end of the Skywalker saga (supposedly), there are going to more Star Wars movies after. Are you going to try to keep it going by watching the other spin-offs, or is it over when the core series ends? :D

And I've managed to see every Star Wars film since episode 3 in theatres, hopefully one day I'll get the chance to see the OT in theatres. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

6 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Same here. I had never seen anything like it so it’s always the original trilogy for me. I do love the prequels though and never got the hatred of TPM. But nothing will ever top that Star Destroyer coming into frame after the scrawl as a cinematic experience. 7 year old me was well and truly hooked from that moment

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

Same, well it’s between that, the one that gives me money, and the one that gets me free McFlurrys :lol:

I’m not as big a fan of the money one. Yes it gives me money but it seems to also steal it from my bank account at the same rate

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Same here. I had never seen anything like it so it’s always the original trilogy for me. I do love the prequels though and never got the hatred of TPM. But nothing will ever top that Star Destroyer coming into frame after the scrawl as a cinematic experience. 7 year old me was well and truly hooked from that moment

1970 as me? ^_^

Just now, Ravogd said:

1971. Sorry it seems I can’t count. I was 6. 

Well, not far off anyway. I was 7, born Feb 1970. I still remember that day I saw it. Actually around this time of the year, mid July 1977. A kindergarten and class mate back then, her grandpa, used to run the local cinema. We got to see many movies over our age, remember seeing Jaws and Towering Inferno, though a few years after they first came out. During summer they used to show favourites and classics. 

• Like 1

One of the main reasons for me going to LFCC this year is that I will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of my first LFCC in 2009!

Was an amazing experience meeting Scott Bakula, Danny Trejo, Michael Ironside, Tom Baker and Danny John Jules!

Is anyone else celebrating any anniversary milestones this year?

• Like 2