General Chat

Wrong Name

7 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Aww this is lovely! Yeah I remember now I did see this photo before I just have amnesia:lol:

I kind of wish I had done a hugging photo now but I was too scared! 

I would have been too scared to ask for a hug. Peter suggested it. Well it would have been rude to say no. :lol:

Not sure why I was lucky. But seeing some of the young ladies go before me who didn't get a hug maybe it paid to be a bit closer in age to him. :D

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Got the photo but not the meet. Being new to cons tried to get Peter on VQ. Ticket number 388 so short of killing 387 VQ holders and a few DP holders an auto was never going to happen. Pretty sure I must have posted the photo but always happy to remember my favourite con moment (to date).

PC

I’m incredibly jealous, I’ve met him for an Auto but not the photo shoot as I wasn’t at LFCC last year, hopefully I’ll get my Capaldi photo one day 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I would have been too scared to ask for a hug. Peter suggested it. Well it would have been rude to say no. :lol:

Not sure why I was lucky. But seeing some of the young ladies go before me who didn't get a hug maybe it paid to be a bit closer in age to him. :D

Wow he suggested it I’m not jealous at all!:whistling:

Yeah that’s probably it, I don’t think he did hugs with anyone my age because I think his daughter is the same age as me so it would probably be awkward :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Wow he suggested it I’m not jealous at all!:whistling:

Yeah that’s probably it, I don’t think he did hugs with anyone my age because I think his daughter is the same age as me so it would probably be awkward :lol:

Next time he comes just wear a grey wig. That should work. :lol:

• Haha 1

Has anyone else heard that Keanu Reeves, Chuck Norris and 800k other people are going to storm Area 51 in September? :blink:

I know they said it was a joke but I actually think people will turn up in Nevada :blink:

Edited by R4wly97

26 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Has anyone else heard that Keanu Reeves, Chuck Norris and 800k other people are going to storm Area 51 in September? :blink:

I know they said it was a joke but I actually think people will turn up in Nevada :blink:

Did read that. Hopefully people won't go. Don't think the U.S military would take kindly to any intrusion. But it would be interesting to know if they really do have aliens there. :huh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Did read that. Hopefully people won't go. Don't think the U.S military would take kindly to any intrusion. But it would be interesting to know if they really do have aliens there. :huh:

Well the Tenth Doctor did break into Area 51 and found aliens so who knows :whistling::lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Got the photo but not the meet. Being new to cons tried to get Peter on VQ. Ticket number 388 so short of killing 387 VQ holders and a few DP holders an auto was never going to happen. Pretty sure I must have posted the photo but always happy to remember my favourite con moment (to date).

PC

That's such a great picture! Definitely jealous of the hug, but still absolutely thrilled I got a photo with him at all. I would love him to come back and do another one, as he seemed so lovely.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I haven't been near Area 51, but I did visit Roswell in 2004 and their museum they have there showing all the "evidence" that they had aliens land there, actually convinced me that there were no aliens!

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I haven't been near Area 51, but I did visit Roswell in 2004 and their museum they have there showing all the "evidence" that they had aliens landed there, actually convinced me that there were no aliens!

What evidence did they have I’m intrigued?

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

What evidence did they have I’m intrigued?

Photos of the "crash site" with what is supposed to be the spaceship is the main thing I remember (I have a bad memory and this was 15 years ago!). They said the Government was saying that it was a weather balloon as a coverup, but they put up a picture of a weather balloon from the time and you could see many many parts of it in the crash site pictures. That WAS a weather balloon.

• Haha 3

Photos of the "crash site" with what is supposed to be the spaceship is the main thing I remember (I have a bad memory and this was 15 years ago!). They said the Government was saying that it was a weather balloon as a coverup, but they put up a picture of a weather balloon from the time and you could see many many parts of it in the crash site pictures. That WAS a weather balloon.

Oh well they tried :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

But the autopsy video. That was real. You could tell. There was all that weird metal with markings on it that couldn’t have been anything else other then alien.....hang on I need to go there’s a couple of guys in black suits just knocked at my door. Very pale looking for summer time. They seem to wan..............

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

But the autopsy video. That was real. You could tell. There was all that weird metal with markings on it that couldn’t have been anything else other then alien.....hang on I need to go there’s a couple of guys in black suits just knocked at my door. Very pale looking for summer time. They seem to wan..............

I've probably seen that but can't remember it. I just remember being utterly convinced there were no aliens, from a museum that was trying to convince me that there were!

I've probably seen that but can't remember it. I just remember being utterly convinced there were no aliens, from a museum that was trying to convince me that there were!

Yeah I agree I was just being silly. The “autopsy” video is one of the biggest loads of nonsense I’ve ever seen. If there are aliens then there’s no way Roswell is proof of it that’s for sure.

Edited by Ravogd
Because I can’t seem to spell Roswell
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Well the Tenth Doctor did break into Area 51 and found aliens so who knows :whistling::lol:

4 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Forgot about that. Well if Doctor Who says aliens exist it must be true. :laugh:

On that point, why did the Doctor, who is an alien, need to break into Area 51, to prove the existence of aliens?! 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

And they did the autopsy wrong, trust me. I have seen the video and those who are doing it are not well trained in the profession, unless butchers did the autopsy back then.

It was actually Ant & Dec that did it.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

IHe suggested a hug pose with me too so yes, probably an age thing ..

• Like 2

Had a total doh! moment today.  Have been putting cash aside each week for LFCC only to realise today that its pointless as its Scottish notes and I know they can get funny in England about Scottish notes (Spent most of my life living in England so speaking from personal experience). Luckily have my parents on holiday in England at the moment who can get some cash for me or I’d be a bit stuck :rolleyes: 

5 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

Had a total doh! moment today.  Have been putting cash aside each week for LFCC only to realise today that its pointless as its Scottish notes and I know they can get funny in England about Scottish notes (Spent most of my life living in England so speaking from personal experience). Luckily have my parents on holiday in England at the moment who can get some cash for me or I’d be a bit stuck :rolleyes: 

We've had discussions in here before about whether Scottish notes are readily accepted at LFCC. I don't remember what was said though. I don't really pay attention.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

As an English person I tend to get a bit funny about Scottish things.

Especially if they're called Peter Capaldi or David Tennant.  :wub:

• Haha 3