General Chat

Wrong Name

2 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

They've each asked for something instead of going to London so no one is being left out :wub: (my poor wallet isnt feeling too happy though :blink:)

Oh they want something do they? How about a bloody roof over their heads?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kaybird said:

Probably a daft question but, how do you buy a ticket for the iron throne photo op? I can't see it in the store.

For prop shoots without a guest, and just you, you just turn up and pay at the booth.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Captain Lucas said:

I might do a "me in the Oval Office" shoot. I'm not really into the West Wing, I just want a pic of me in the Oval! 

The beauty of the Oval office one is that as the Prez's office shows up in quite a few films and TV shows you can say it's a prop from any one you have seen with the White House in it

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The beauty of the Oval office one is that as the Prez's office shows up in quite a few films and TV shows you can say it's a prop from any one you have seen with the White House in it

Apart from the Oval Office is decorated differently from president to president, and therefore looks different in different films and shows.

Just now, Wrong Name said:

Apart from the Oval Office is decorated differently from president to president, and therefore looks different in different films and shows.

Well yeah, but you'd have to be a total film nerd to pick up on those small details and there's absolutely no risk of that at all is there :unsure:

Just now, Raylenth said:

Well yeah, but you'd have to be a total film nerd to pick up on those small details and there's absolutely no risk of that at all is there :unsure:

Different carpet, curtains, furniture, and desk. It can look completely different.

Several days have passed since I contacted customer support and still not a single word from Eventbrite why you cant buy tickets to lfcc on the iphone/ipad app and website. Horrible customer service!! I have even tested other browsers without luck. I am glad I can still book on my imac, at least until I leave on the 25th.

47 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Several days have passed since I contacted customer support and still not a single word from Eventbrite why you cant buy tickets to lfcc on the iphone/ipad app and website. Horrible customer service!! I have even tested other browsers without luck. I am glad I can still book on my imac, at least until I leave on the 25th.

The Iphone issue has been going on for a long time to be honest as I remember people saying the same last year.  It's something Eventbrite should sort out, it's not like you can always borrow an Android of have a laptop on hand and I'd imagine that with smart phones there are more and more people who don't actually have a computer at home any more.  Maybe it needs loads of Iphone users to message them about it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The Iphone issue has been going on for a long time to be honest as I remember people saying the same last year.  It's something Eventbrite should sort out, it's not like you can always borrow an Android of have a laptop on hand and I'd imagine that with smart phones there are more and more people who don't actually have a computer at home any more.  Maybe it needs loads of Iphone users to message them about it.

I have done all my bookings on my phone until this cr*p started. I am happy I can get to my tickets on the app. Now I have them all in the Wallet and will print too. The funny thing is that I can book to Destination Star Trek, and not LFCC. I was hopeful this passed night as they wrote the servers will be down for maintenace, but still the same story. I sent an e-mail 8-9 days ago and no answer. Not a word. :angry2:

I downloaded the Eventbrite app onto my phone. It is showing tickets that I have had a refund for. Is this normal? These tickets have been deleted from my Eventbrite account on my tablet where I have made all my purchases. And I have definitely had the refund as I have seen it on my statement. Just seems a bit odd.

8 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I downloaded the Eventbrite app onto my phone. It is showing tickets that I have had a refund for. Is this normal? These tickets have been deleted from my Eventbrite account on my tablet where I have made all my purchases. And I have definitely had the refund as I have seen it on my statement. Just seems a bit odd.

It's normal :smile:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

They have gone away before but it seems not anymore. My early updates they disappeared after a week ten days. Plus tickets can sometimes jump in queue. Noticed that yesterday. Nah, printing this year to be safe. The app is a loose cannon.

Edited by Chris1970

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

They have gone away before but it seems not anymore. Plus tickets can sometimes jump in queue. Noticed that yesterday. Nah, printing this year to be safe. The app is a loose cannon.

Thought I'd use modern technology. Looks like I'll be better off with good old fashioned printed tickets. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Thought I'd use modern technology. Looks like I'll be better off with good old fashioned printed tickets. :D

The plan was to use just the phone this con, but my phone died on me out of the blue a while ago. Now I don't trust phones anymore! :lol: Printed tickets it is!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

The plan was to use just the phone this con, but my phone died on me out of the blue a while ago. Now I don't trust phones anymore! :lol: Printed tickets it is!

You know exactly where you are with a printed ticket. Nothing can possibly go wrong. Except losing them! :huh: