General Chat

Wrong Name

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Or you could just do what seems to be the in thing for travelling for the yoooovs now and go begpacking

https://www.boredpanda.com/begpackers-tourists-travel-begging-locals-money/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Thats shocking! I never knew it existed :angry: why on earth would someone expect people barely able to survive to be able to fund a jolly holiday for them :huh:

Just now, Keepingmesane said:

Thats shocking! I never knew it existed :angry: why on earth would someone expect people barely able to survive to be able to fund a jolly holiday for them :huh:

'Influencers'  Points at them.  Nuff said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broo said:

*Hugging you tight* xx

I do love going with my mum, we get on great and lfcc 2017 was her first ever convention experience and the fun of it for her was like a kid on Christmas morning. It just sounded funny to me in the context of Billy-no-mates++ has to bring her mum ;)

Having lost my mother-in-law a few months ago, and my dad's Parkinson's progressing rather rapidly in recent years, my mum's ability to come with me is not taken for granted :) various things have happened in the last few years to highlight we really must make the most of the time we have with those we love, and lfcc with my mum is a part of that :)

Still would never take my Mum to LFCC because she'd be bored but she loves seeing my photos. 

But I am lucky she is still around and is my best friend. We enjoy many pursuits together. Nothing is too much. New Zealand for her 80th. Many other holidays, days out etc. 

She'll be 82 soon and blessed with such good health I have trouble keeping up.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Or you could just do what seems to be the in thing for travelling for the yoooovs now and go begpacking

https://www.boredpanda.com/begpackers-tourists-travel-begging-locals-money/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

When I was in 6th Form (many years ago) someone in our social group did this, they didn't want to save up to go away, it did not make them very popular!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, natedammit said:

Man, you people are getting really sappy in here today.

My Mum (the one that's not Broo) would never go to a Con with me but we have been going on holiday together for the last 6 years. Before then neither of us had been anywhere outside of Western Europe and the US, but now we've been to: Australia; South Africa; China; Norway; Japan; Iceland; Brazil; Argentina; and Tanzania. Later this year we're going to Vietnam and Cambodia. She's 73. The only problem is my savings have disappeared and she's spending all my inheritance.

On a lighter note, I am getting a new puppy :clap::YAHOO::thumbup:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Still would never take my Mum to LFCC because she'd be bored but she loves seeing my photos. 

But I am lucky she is still around and is my best friend. 

I'd have to say the same. Your Mum is my best friend too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Broo said:

What breed? :)

A boxer puppy, we had 2 boxers and a rottweiler but sad note again; we lost the older boxer 18 months ago, he was 10yrs old and then we lost the rottweiler 6 months after that, she was 9 and half. Lighter note again lol; we got another rotti puppy to keep the remaining boxer company; he was 8 and now we are getting another boxer to keep the 1yr old rotti company as the older boxer is 9 and a half now. Plus this household is use to having more than one dog, seems quiet otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Everyone, please leave Guest Announcements to Showmasters. They will announce once the contract is 100 percent in the clear. Quite often the understanding of a guest, and agent and the organiser about "the deal is sealed" differ quite significantly. ;)

Hello, i have a situation with a photoshoot, I have to leave the event at 16:45, but i got a Robert Carlyle photoshoot batch 5, i need to the morning slot because the afternoon is after 17:00. Can someone help me please ?

5 minutes ago, Litafan83 said:

Hello, i have a situation with a photoshoot, I have to leave the event at 16:45, but i got a Robert Carlyle photoshoot batch 5, i need to the morning slot because the afternoon is after 17:00. Can someone help me please ?

You can speak to the crew on the AM shoot and show them your travel tickets to prove you can't stay.  They will try and help you through earlier if they can but there's no guarantee they will be able to if they are really busy.

I presume you are talking about Saturday, he has a longer AM session so there's a chance batch 5 might be called near the end of the AM session anyway, go there about 20 mins before it finishes and see where they have called to.

Edited by Raylenth

They will try their best, but no guarantees can be made. Please have your Train ticket Ready, you may be asked to Show it. Unfortunately some People tried to shortcut by claiming they had a Train to catch too often. Now usually the Crew asks for something in writing.