General Chat

Wrong Name

34 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Toy Story 3 was beautiful, you had to be a human incapable of emotion not to cry at the end....

mine is just when they reach out to eachother and they think its the end and there little faces omg im welling up thinking about then the ending when hes says goodbye to all his toys and how each one is special to him :crying::crying::crying: its been 25 years since the first the emotion of growing up with them got to me

2 hours ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

oh good someone else who cried at paddington 2 that bit at the end had me an emotional wreck toys tory 3 did as well to much to handle lol

I am so soppy when it comes to films. Hey,  I was even crying when Spock died in The Wrath of Khan. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone

I'm new to comic con, never been to anything like this before, my partner has always had interest& wanted to go so this year I decided we should, we are only going for the Saturday plus I'm only really going because Ian Somerhalder is meant to be there aha but was looking for some answers to any question if possible 

- if I've brought a photo op does that mean the photo is 100% guaranteed as long as the person is there& I arrive at the right place at the right time?

- Is it worth getting a diamond photo op?

- how do the photo ops work?

- what does batch mean?

- hows everyones experiences of photo ops?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Loulou116 said:

Hi everyone

I'm new to comic con, never been to anything like this before, my partner has always had interest& wanted to go so this year I decided we should, we are only going for the Saturday plus I'm only really going because Ian Somerhalder is meant to be there aha but was looking for some answers to any question if possible 

- if I've brought a photo op does that mean the photo is 100% guaranteed as long as the person is there& I arrive at the right place at the right time?

- what does batch mean?

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your first comic con. 

If you buy a photo op and are at the photo area at the right time, you will 100% get your photo. The photo schedule is released about a week before the event.

The photo op included the diamond pass is exactly the same as the regular op, except diamond pass holders go first for their photos.

The batch number essentially gives you an indication of when you can get your photo in the allocated time slot. Diamond pass holders go first, then gold pass holders, then batch 1, then batch 2, and so on.

In my experience, photo ops are always fun, although you don't get very much time with the guest. They're very quick, you go up, maybe exchange a quick hello with the guest, have your photo, and then go. However, I do like the piece of mind I get with photo shoots because it means I will 100% get to meet that person, rather than try for an autograph and risk missing out on meeting them. 

Hope this helps. :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loulou116 said:

Hi everyone

- what does batch mean?

Hi there :) if you've bought a photo op, you *will* have a photo with him provided he is there and you are there. A week before the convention a schedule will be released detailing the times and locations for all the photo op sessions and talks etc. There's a lot of folks to have photos taken so they divide it into batches for organisation's sake. People who have bought a diamond pass for a particular guest (a pass that includes s photo, autograph and a talk if they're doing one) get called up first to do their photos, then gold pass holders, and then batch 1, batch 2, batch 3, and so on. You wait in the area until your batch is called and then you join the queue. Photos are rather quick but it's nice to have that little moment with them and it's a great momento to take away with you :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your first comic con. 

If you buy a photo op and are at the photo area at the right time, you will 100% get your photo. The photo schedule is released about a week before the event.

The photo op included the diamond pass is exactly the same as the regular op, except diamond pass holders go first for their photos.

The batch number essentially gives you an indication of when you can get your photo in the allocated time slot. Diamond pass holders go first, then gold pass holders, then batch 1, then batch 2, and so on.

In my experience, photo ops are always fun, although you don't get very much time with the guest. They're very quick, you go up, maybe exchange a quick hello with the guest, have your photo, and then go.

Hope this helps. :D

Hello yes this is very helpful! Thank you so much

I'm super excited to meet Ian, I'm also super nervous, I often go to meet one of my favourite bands as they do meet& greets so I kind of know what to expect but this is so much more different, can't wait for it now :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

Hi there :) if you've bought a photo op, you *will* have a photo with him provided he is there and you are there. A week before the convention a schedule will be released detailing the times and locations for all the photo op sessions and talks etc. There's a lot of folks to have photos taken so they divide it into batches for organisation's sake. People who have bought a diamond pass for a particular guest (a pass that includes s photo, autograph and a talk if they're doing one) get called up first to do their photos, then gold pass holders, and then batch 1, batch 2, batch 3, and so on. You wait in the area until your batch is called and then you join the queue. Photos are rather quick but it's nice to have that little moment with them and it's a great momento to take away with you :)

This is so helpful thank you! When I booked it I was batch 13 out of 16 so I'm guessing I'll be waiting quite a while? Am I able to walk around nearer the time or? :)

2 minutes ago, Loulou116 said:

This is so helpful thank you! When I booked it I was batch 13 out of 16 so I'm guessing I'll be waiting quite a while? Am I able to walk around nearer the time or? :)

If you're batch 13 you will be towards the end of the shoot, so I'd say go to the shoot about 15-20 minutes before it is scheduled to end and you'd be fine.  Do whatever you want until then. :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loulou116 said:

No problem glad it was helpful :) yup if you are 13 of 16 you won't need to be there at the start of the photo op session as you'd be waiting quite a while like you suspect :) you can ask for advice here on the forum once the times are released but I'd probably head over about 20-30 minutes before the session ends and you'll be there in plenty of time :) also, you can join the queue any time after your batch has been called, so if you arrived and they were on batch 14, don't panic, just let the crew member know and they'll tell you to join the queue :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broo said:

No problem glad it was helpful :) yup if you are 13 of 16 you won't need to be there at the start of the photo op session as you'd be waiting quite a while like you suspect :) you can ask for advice here on the forum once the times are released but I'd probably head over about 20-30 minutes before the session ends and you'll be there in plenty of time :) also, you can join the queue any time after your batch has been called, so if you arrived and they were on batch 14, don't panic, just let the crew member know and they'll tell you to join the queue :)

That's fab thank you so much for your help! Nervous but super excited for it now, cannot wait :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Loulou116 said:

That's fab thank you so much for your help! Nervous but super excited for it now, cannot wait :)

You'll have a brilliant time, lfcc is so much fun and an all-round amazing experience :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broo said:

You'll have a brilliant time, lfcc is so much fun and an all-round amazing experience :)

Have heard amazing things! :) I know Ian cancelled last year so hoping he comes this year, although I did cancel way before last time& it was because of filming 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Loulou116 said:

Hi Loulou!

I remember feeling nervous and excited for my first con, that was only a few years ago too! It's a really unique experience and you'll no doubt be awe of the day when you get to it!

A few things I try to remember each year now are to bring a hard folder or one of those little presentation folder things to keep your photos totally safe throughout the day and travelling home, and bring some water and snacks so you're always hydrated and full of energy!

Hope your first con goes super awesome :)

• Like 1

random question for you folks

I orginally booked my hotels begining of the year as I was going as a group and i personally paid for myself for the friday in to the saturday at shepards bush Ibis i got a good deal however my friends are only doing the Saturday Im doing all weekend.

I have accomedation booked but just seeing if there are any other good offers out there any recommendations that I may have overlooked as its now just me it feels a waste to have all that space illl be barely in, apart from hostals the thought of them scared me I did one once vowed never again after having to wear my new flip flops in the shower :lol:

23 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I am so soppy when it comes to films. Hey,  I was even crying when Spock died in The Wrath of Khan. 

I mostly cry when my favorite characters die in tv shows....I mostly have comedy movies so its a little hard to cry to them. There have been a few but I cant really remember.(unless you count detective Pikachu at one point in the movie)