General Chat

Wrong Name

Not sure if this has been brought up before but could there be tables and benches available for attendees to have a sit down and have their food? It is a bit undignified to sit on the floor to eat and drink. The Olympia is a massive place and there is still lots of room where a few long benches with long chairs would go down well.

Put it another way: Showmasters Events in Glasgow Braehead and Sheffield Motorpoint Arena that use an ice hockey stadium are fantastic for this because they have all the seats that sports fans normally sit on during a match for the convention guests and it is wonderful to have so many seats to choose from to rest and have some food and drink.

Edited by Chris C

What's wrong with sitting on the floor? I sit everywhere as long as it's not extremely dirty. If they use the free space for benches, a lot of people won't have a seat and won't have place to even sit on the floor because it's full of benches.

6 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

What's wrong with sitting on the floor? I sit everywhere as long as it's not extremely dirty. If they use the free space for benches, a lot of people won't have a seat and won't have place to even sit on the floor because it's full of benches.

Well, there is an aspect of people who are less physically able to be getting up and down from the floor and it's unfortunate for them if it's only the floor they have to sit on, but yeah, even if they add a few benches, given the number of people in the venue it's still only going to provide seating for a very small number of them so chances are still high that everyone will still be on the floor.  

Unfortunately outside of the cafe/restaurant it's hard to have a seating area as there just isn't room to accommodate enough for it to be worthwhile - I think they have pretty much all of the venue booked so it's not like there's an extra hall they can use just for seating, that would be lovely though if there were. 

41 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I wasn't talking about people who have a hard time getting up and down from the floor but about the word 'undignified'. 

It's like a lovely picnic

Image result for picnic gif

Or one can just bring their own...

Image result for picnic gif

over the years there has been some good points and bad points at LFCC but after a crazy weekend somewhere I can not name I have come to appreciate certain aspects of the con for one virtual queuing the ability to get a number and ponder around untill that number comes up, also the interaction of the guests are a lot better more time for each person maybe less on a saturday but on the Friday and Sundays you cant fault the guests they actually want to be there.

Also the capcity of the con LFCC only fill what they can yes, Saturdays can be stressful and a little tight but thats what you expect most people come for the day with there kids I have never felt caustrophobic or fainted because of the amount of people also attendes are much more pleasant its a bit more of a family :rolleyes:

• Like 4