General Chat

Wrong Name

3 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

My cousin was working with him and on his last day of filming, my cousin told him how big a Doctor Who fan I am, and he said send a text message saying ‘Hi Melody I’m glad you like Doctor Who’, it was short and sweet but I was really happy about it :D

Those moments are really special. A more personal connection, no matter how, can really make a day. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Those moments are really special. A more personal connection, no matter how, can really make a day. ^_^

Some of you may know Peter Williams (Apophis from Stargate SG-1) is a big Football fan.

Now in 2006 the World Cup was in Germany. I saw Peter a couple of months before it started, told him I had tickets and if he wanted to come over we could go and see some games together. He was totally excited about the idea. Didn't work out in the end, but it was a fun idea. Football with Apophis. :D  

We still had the tickets of Course, so I dragged my non-Football interested boyfriend with me most of the time. We had even got tickets for a Brazil game in Munich. Back then Ronaldo, one of Peter's favorite Players, was still active. Let's just say that match wasn't exactly Ronaldo's brightest hour. He Pretty much fell over the ball Right in front of us. ><

Anyway, several months after the Tournament Peter was doing another convention in Europe. I couldn't go, but a friend did and kindly agreed to deliver a message. I copied the tickets we had - back when I had met Peter we hadn't known yet which teams it were for some matches - and wrote a Little note that we had even seen Ronaldo play, though the boyfriend hadn't been happy that he "had driven four Hours to see Ronaldo fall over a ball!"

My friend came back from the Event with a 2 page handwritten letter from Peter, even saying he remembered the Ronaldo scene and that he "had been thinking of me the whole World Cup."

The way I stared at that paper it may as well have been the Hope Diamond.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Avatar 2.. but 3,4 and 5!. Avatar was just an explosion in effects, CGI stampede. Pretty cool to look at but strip off the effects and look at the script, I think it is kind of basic. 

Well, it's always been said that it's basically a fancy version of this

Image result for pocahontas disney

But then most films at their core are rip offs of something else.  Avatar was good, though it's been a looooong time since I've seen it.  And yeah, the plot's not exactly complicated but it's fine for what it is.

Folklore is a deep deep well when creating scripts for movies or just writing books. Even Tolkien said so but his stories are very much folklore these days. True, alot are borrowed or inspired but it has always been so. Just have to find that nice balance. Avatar itself was ok, but I am just abit sceptic to a second one, or third..fourth..fifth. There must be a story good enough worth telling. Not just let it drown in effects, then it is just another fancy version of a video game.

11 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Yeah it was really nice and totally unexpected and it made my week! Although I also have to admit it does kind of help when you’ve got two cousins who work in the media industry and work with a lot of Doctor Who actors, I am lucky in that respect :wub: 

Edited by R4wly97
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

Yeah it was really nice and totally unexpected and it made my week! Although I also have to admit it does kind of help when you’ve got two cousins who work in the media industry and work with a lot of Doctor Who actors, I am lucky in that respect :wub: 

I know the feeling. My dad's aunt worked in the same industry as well, mainly movie industry. This was from the late 1940's to the early 1980's..she died in 1985. Worked both in Europe and in the US. When I was a kid I sometimes followed her on trips, or visited her during summer holidays over weekends and so. Apparently I met a few actors/actresses but I can't really remember most of them, I was something like 4-11 years old when I met them, some were what you can call "big". Later years and thanks to friends through my dads aunt, I made my own connections in the industry, you know children of her coworkers around my own age and who also ended up in the movie or TV industry. They got me into set and shooting locations to see what was going on. One of the best ever was in Venice, Italy back in 2004 and the shooting of "Casanova" directed by Lasse Hallström, from my country. There I met a certain lady for the first time, long story but a funny one actually. I did see Heath Ledger but only on a distance.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I know the feeling. My dad's aunt worked in the same industry as well, mainly movie industry. This was from the late 1940's to the early 1980's..she died in 1985. Worked both in Europe and in the US. When I was a kid I sometimes followed her on trips, or visited her during summer holidays over weekends and so. Apparently I met a few actors/actresses but I can't really remember most of them, I was something like 4-11 years old when I met them, some were what you can call "big". Later years and thanks to friends through my dads aunt, I made my own connections in the industry, you know children of her coworkers around my own age and who also ended up in the movie or TV industry. They got me into set and shooting locations to see what was going on. One of the best ever was in Venice, Italy back in 2004 and the shooting of "Casanova" directed by Lasse Hallström, from my country. There I met a certain lady for the first time, long story but a funny one actually. I did see Heath Ledger but only on a distance.

Wow that sounds amazing, it’s definitely not what you know but who you know sometimes! Unless I take time off work it’s difficult for me to get on set to watch her work so I haven’t done it yet but her sister has (my other cousin) and said it was amazing so fingers crossed one day hopefully I’m going to go on set of something! My cousin does work on films and tv but it’s mainly tv at the moment :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Wow that sounds amazing, it’s definitely not what you know but who you know sometimes! Unless I take time off work it’s difficult for me to get on set to watch her work so I haven’t done it yet but her sister has (my other cousin) and said it was amazing so fingers crossed one day hopefully I’m going to go on set of something! My cousin does work on films and tv but it’s mainly tv at the moment :D

It is fun to watch but it can be slow at moments. I like walking around the set and see how they build things, props and so. It is an amazing job, and some are just small things that can make a huge difference. The catering is usually very good. :P It was some time now I did this, the last time was back in 2014..I think. And you never know who you run into. ;)

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_batflash123 said:

Anyone started to watch the new season of Lucifer yet? I'm gonna wait to watch it this weekend at work but I wanted to know if it's better than most of last season.

I'm working my way through season 2 still, you'll have to let us know what you make of S4 once you've watched it :)

20 minutes ago, Broo said:

I'm working my way through season 2 still, you'll have to let us know what you make of S4 once you've watched it :)

Hey Broo. Broo. Oi, Broo.

Broo!

Broo!

Broo!

Brooooooooooo!

Guess where I went last week.

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Hey Broo. Broo. Oi, Broo.

Broo!

Broo!

Broo!

Brooooooooooo!

Guess where I went last week.

If it was Edinburgh and you didn't stop by my house (intuitively knowing where to find it) I shall be cross with you young man!

23 minutes ago, Broo said:

If it was Edinburgh and you didn't stop by my house (intuitively knowing where to find it) I shall be cross with you young man!

You know full well where I'd be hanging out if I went to Edinburgh.

But no, I went to your regular holiday destination. I looked for you, but alas you were not there.

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

You know full well where I'd be hanging out if I went to Edinburgh.

But no, I went to your regular holiday destination. I looked for you, but alas you were not there.

Yup, I do know exactly where you'd be heading...

Ooh nice! Muchly jealous! Did you go tobogganing?

Just now, Broo said:

Yup, I do know exactly where you'd be heading...

Ooh nice! Muchly jealous! Did you go tobogganing?

I did, but it started raining as we were on the way up (in a tuk-tuk of course) so they took us down very slowly. I think it loses something doing it barely above walking pace.

• Like 1