General Chat

Wrong Name

RIP Peter Mayhew :(

I'll always remember meeting him because he was the first autograph I've ever collected. The one who started it all. The night before the con, he was at a local show on belgian tv and that got me really excited that I had a chance to meet him the next day. 

I met him a second time at LFCC 2017 where he was in bad health but he still came so his fans could meet him.

At LFCC Spring he was just sitting there with no customers looking bored so I walked by with my Chewie T-shirt and waved at him. Suddenly a smile appeared and he waved back at me. 

Never regretted meeting him and I'm glad I had the chance.

Edited by The_batflash123
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

You know how everyone is moaning about how Sonic looks in the movie, now the director has said they are going to change how he looks before the film is released yey! :clap:

Necessary, but those costs will be impressive.

A couple of people haven't posted recently so I hope everyone's OK and just busy.

R4 and the Bear (who I think was on holiday so hopefully he's just got stuck in customs for potato smuggling)

Edited by Raylenth

26 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Bear (who I think was on holiday so hopefully he's just got stuck in customs for potato smuggling)

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Maybe he was people smuggling and she escaped?

Could be worse. He could be budgie smuggling :o

I bet it's the fur.

Customs here called me in once because they were convinced a pink striped Cheshire Cat backpack a friend got me from Tokyo Disney was real fur, and that was not allowed.

God only knows what British customs would do to a blue furry Bear.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I bet it's the fur.

Customs here called me in once because they were convinced a pink striped Cheshire Cat backpack a friend got me from Tokyo Disney was real fur, and that was not allowed.

That's what you are telling us, but I bet you were really caught smuggling kartoffelpuffer weren't you?

14 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I bet it's the fur.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That's what you are telling us, but I bet you were really caught smuggling kartoffelpuffer weren't you?

There's a potato farmer across the street and one down the road. The least thing I need it potatoes from Japan.

Then again I guess I look suspicious. When I won the auction for a Stargate press kit on eBay it was pretty pricey. Contained a DVD. Local customs was convinced the DVD had to contain some illegal things for someone to pay that much. ><

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

There's a potato farmer across the street and one down the road. The least thing I need it potatoes from Japan.

Then again I guess I look suspicious. When I won the auction for a Stargate press kit on eBay it was pretty pricey. Contained a DVD. Local customs was convinced the DVD had to contain some illegal things for someone to pay that much. ><

That is so not funny but at the same time it kind of is!  You should have gone total nerd on them, turned up in a Stargate uniform, and tell them about how the dvd has a rarely seen discussion of how a zatnikatel worked when subjected to ion rays from a futzing event horizon and it's like the holy grail of zat info and you wanted it to settle an argument in SG1 group once and for all, and it would have been fine!

Image result for it has the dna of leonard nimoy gif

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That is so not funny but at the same time it kind of is!  You should have gone total nerd on them, turned up in a Stargate uniform, and tell them about how the dvd has a rarely seen discussion of how a zatnikatel worked when subjected to ion rays from a futzing event horizon and it's like the holy grail of zat info and you wanted it to settle an argument in SG1 group once and for all, and it would have been fine!

Image result for it has the dna of leonard nimoy gif

One of the episodes on the disc was "Memento Mori."

I may have gone off that the only half naked person cuffed to a bed was over the age of consent. Maybe.

Which may not have been the smartest thing in the world to say, but it may have made the supervisor laugh so much that he may have released the set.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I bet it's the fur.

Customs in Germany wanted to check my case one time as I had a Disney ex-store model in there I was taking to an event, they even swabbed it for explosives heh. But I was impressed they recognised the character, although they did obviously call her by her German name, not her English one!

• Haha 1