General Chat

Wrong Name

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

The spoiler race, for me as a GoT-fanatic, will go on until May 19th when the final episode is out. Then I can relax until SW:TROS is out on Dec 18th. A nice holiday for my blood pressure. :blink:

I actually watched a bit of GOT last night it seems good I had no idea what was going on though :P 

The spoiler race, for me as a GoT-fanatic, will go on until May 19th when the final episode is out. Then I can relax until SW:TROS is out on Dec 18th. A nice holiday for my blood pressure. :blink:

I actually watched a bit of GOT last night it seems good I had no idea what was going on though :P 

Must admit I tend to avoid social media. A well regulated forum is one thing - thanks to Showmasters for providing this,  much appreciated :thumbup:

However you can keep your Twitter,  Facebook etc. There seems to be too many people whose only pleasure in life is to spoil things for others. If you're posting something about Endgame in a Doctor Who thread you're doing it on purpose in my book. And don't get me started on some of the filth people post because they don't like your opinion!

Back in my day if you had something to say there was no hiding behind an anonymous computer screen.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I tried GOT once. Didn't really get it though it was very well done.  Be a boring world if we all liked the same things. :D

48 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Kind of help if you watch season 1-7 first :lol: Like many series of this type. Personally I was not too big fan first season..got stuck in 2nd and sold my soul in season 3. There are so many reasons I like it, great actors, the storyline and the general atmosphere is just a handful reasons. Medieval buff as I am. But what I really do like is the uncertainty of what can, do and might happen, anything can, will and do happen. The dirt, raw and uncut. No one is really good. Humanity in its full glory.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

I watched the whole of the first season of GoT and a couple of the second season and was just so bored and annoyed with it that I stopped. People keep telling me “it gets better” but i’d have to go back and watch that first season again as I don’t remember what happened, and I can’t bring myself to put myself through that again! 

43 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I watched the whole of the first season of GoT and a couple of the second season and was just so bored and annoyed with it that I stopped. People keep telling me “it gets better” but i’d have to go back and watch that first season again as I don’t remember what happened, and I can’t bring myself to put myself through that again! 

People died and did other adult things.  There you go, summarized it in 7 words.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

People died and did other adult things.  There you go, summarized it in 7 words.

Well, it is an adult show, with adult themes aimed for an adult audience. Reality in other words. Die is nothing special, something we all will do. It is just the "when" we dont know. So.. to compere with other franchises..closer to the truth, perhaps except the dragons and that the dead will live again. That is just an added bonus. We still live in a violent world. But Westeros is a cooler place than this.

Edited by Chris1970

8 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Has anyone seen the trailer for the sonic the hedgehog movie? All I can say is what have they done to sonic!? :blink:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cc8c7d16c6d6e7a36

It's a movie based off a video game, reckon it's as fantastic as the Super Mario Bros film!

8 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5307315

My thoughts exactly!

57 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

It's a movie based off a video game, reckon it's as fantastic as the Super Mario Bros film!

I haven’t seen it, but it looks horrendous :wacko:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cc9490b4641516851

10 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Has anyone seen the trailer for the sonic the hedgehog movie? All I can say is what have they done to sonic!? :blink:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cc8c7d16c6d6e7a36

The whole thing was awful.  The fact that they have some big names starring in this is a travesty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

The whole thing was awful.  The fact that they have some big names starring in this is a travesty.

Yeah I mean I love Jim Carrey and James Marsden but I don’t know why they are in this film.