General Chat

Wrong Name

39 minutes ago, Broo said:

Must be feeling pretty excited that it's starting up again this week then :)

Honestly..abit sad. Not only for GoT. Star Wars has been a tradition for me since 1977 to see all films at the time they were released at cinema, well..back then there were no other choice as internet, video etc were just a part of Sci-Fi. So it is a tradition that will end in December 2019. I dont count spinn-off's as part of the main storyline, in any franchise. Just an extension.

OMG Too much

That moment when your friend tells you that the group tickets he bought for Avengers: Endgame are not for the evening but for the midnight performance..... and there is no possibility of booking the day off work after.

Still really looking forward to it though. It's going to be epic! :clap::clap::clap:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Has anyone else seen that news article about the ‘Vote Saxon’ flyers appearing around Cardiff, people are saying it might be for Series 12 filming!?

Or it's an elaborate prank by a random person or the Original Poster. :smile:

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

Has anyone else seen that news article about the ‘Vote Saxon’ flyers appearing around Cardiff, people are saying it might be for Series 12 filming!?

Who knows. Chibnall doesn't tend to give away future plots. And John Simm is signed up to be in The Game of Thrones prequel. Guess we'll find out. :D

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Very sad to see a magnificent building like Notre Dame on fire.

Such an iconic site on the Paris skyline. Really hope it can be restored to its former glory.

It can never be restored to its former glory. It's a nice building but I don't have any connection with any religion so I couldn't care less. Probably not a popular opinion but aside from my opinion the most important part is that nobody died.

My French is not that stellar, but some sources are reporting "a serious injury." Some say a firefighter fell.

It's been ages since I visited last, but those stained glass windows were one of a kind, and some of the oldest ones in existance. I am really not that religious either, but sometimes even I spot what is generally considered great artwork.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Very sad to see a magnificent building like Notre Dame on fire.

Such an iconic site on the Paris skyline. Really hope it can be restored to its former glory.

Yeah it’s very sad, it was awful to see the spire collapsing, all the crowds were gasping and sobbing, luckily they’ve managed to save the main towers now and some of the artefacts 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of monuments and art (just not religious art) and I visited Paris various times but the Notre-Dame only once and it's beautiful. I just found out about the firefighter and I hope he'll recover quickly (if he can recover from what happened of course). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

My French is not that stellar, but some sources are reporting "a serious injury." Some say a firefighter fell.

It's been ages since I visited last, but those stained glass windows were one of a kind, and some of the oldest ones in existance. I am really not that religious either, but sometimes even I spot what is generally considered great artwork.

Two photos I took there a few years ago. Such an amazing place.

D4N4yOUWwAA4j4N?format=jpg&name=large

D4N4yOVWAAAcpMw?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Two photos I took there a few years ago. Such an amazing place.

D4N4yOUWwAA4j4N?format=jpg&name=large

D4N4yOVWAAAcpMw?format=jpg&name=large

And will be again.  Really restores your faith in humanity with all the donations made to rebuild. 

Even better latest reports suggest the firefighter wasn't seriously injured. Great news especially given the sacrifices they make on a daily basis.  :clap:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

And will be again.  Really restores your faith in humanity with all the donations made to rebuild. 

Even better latest reports suggest the firefighter wasn't seriously injured. Great news especially given the sacrifices they make on a daily basis.  :clap:

Still, wont be the same. Knowing it is modern material. I am too much of a history buff to let that go. I love things and buildings that connects to history, you see the thinking, creativity and work someone did X amount of years ago. Donations buys rebuilding but the true history is gone for good.

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

Still, wont be the same. Knowing it is modern material. I am too much of a history buff to let that go. I love things and buildings that connects to history, you see the thinking, creativity and work someone did X amount of years ago. Donations buys rebuilding but the true history is gone for good.

Things change for whatever reason.  Some things are lost forever and can't be reclaimed.  Good things can come from bad. I agree it will never be the same.  But it can be the start of a new history lasting hundreds more years.

9 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

At least the situation is salvageable, and I know nothing whatsoever about historical renovations and reconstructions but I'd hope that they might be able to recover some of the stonework at least and use that in the rebuild.  Look at Windsor Castle in '92. a very similar situation.

What do you guys think of Endgame being leaked online, I came across An image in the fb comment section of a star wars article... I was lucky that it was just a picture of the hulk without any context behind it. The internet really isn't a safe place for another week.

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

What do you guys think of Endgame being leaked online, I came across An image in the fb comment section of a star wars article... I was lucky that it was just a picture of the hulk without any context behind it. The internet really isn't a safe place for another week.

More than another week. Same with GoT for the next five or so weeks and Star Wars later this year.