General Chat

Wrong Name

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

You think an online petition? People love signing them and thinking they're making a difference.

Or just become famous for something else and then everyone will know were you were born*

*murder everyone!

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Or just become famous for something else and then everyone will know were you were born*

*murder everyone!

I never thought I'd say this but maaaybe you've been watching a little too much Hannibal and need to go back to Sherlock for a short while.

4 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Anyone know any good places to get poster frames? I have a few posters that are 30x40 inches but can't find anywhere that does frames large enough for them.

The ones I bought (which to be fair, I only bought two) I got in my local home supplies store (Home Depot-kind-of-like). And they were really solid and pretty inexpensive. Do you have any of those stores where you live? If not, try Amazon/other online places?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Anyone know any good places to get poster frames? I have a few posters that are 30x40 inches but can't find anywhere that does frames large enough for them.

https://www.habitat.co.uk/accessories/shop-by-category/frames/wall-frames  But remember if they are signed, have them mounted, which means you need a bigger frame.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

https://www.habitat.co.uk/accessories/shop-by-category/frames/wall-frames  But remember if they are signed, have them mounted, which means you need a bigger frame.

Sorry, what does having them mounted do to the poster? I'm pretty dim when it comes to these things, so what difference does mounting them make and how would I go about doing that? Thanks. :lol:

They're original cinema quad posters by the way, which is why they're so large.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

10 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

Has anybody here seen the new Lion King trailer? Am I the only one both scared of Disney ruining it and happy to go and see it? In my opinion, the trailer looks magical :wub:

Yeah I agree the trailer looks brilliant, I’m just hoping they’ve done it right because the film’s a Disney classic!

3 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Yeah I agree the trailer looks brilliant, I’m just hoping they’ve done it right because the film’s a Disney classic!

Exactly. I really liked the new Jungle Book. Haven't seen Dumbo yet, but the reviews don't look too good...

However, I am excited to see Aladdin. And now the Lion King looks great. Let's hope it lives up to the expectations! :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Sorry, what does having them mounted do to the poster? I'm pretty dim when it comes to these things, so what difference does mounting them make and how would I go about doing that? Thanks. :lol:

Well, since she brought it up, I would also like to know. 

@Raylenth, would you mind explaining to us both? :lol:

15 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

As mounts are quite thick (Relatively speaking) it essentially keeps the glass off the poster as it adds a bit of depth between them - if the poster is signed, it means it keeps the glass off the signatures.  It's not essential, but it does mean you don't have any risk of the auto's transferring to the glass because they are touching.  If I'm having a poster framed I take it to a proper framers, but it's not cheap (but does mean it'll be done properly and you can select the frame and mount) - if you are doing it yourself, you can get mounts made for you, you would just need to find somewhere online that you can order a mount from which should be easy.

I always advise people to never frame anything singed - photo shoot pic, 8x10, poster without a mount, otherwise you do run a slight risk of ruining it if the item sticks to the glass.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

Exactly. I really liked the new Jungle Book. Haven't seen Dumbo yet, but the reviews don't look too good...

However, I am excited to see Aladdin. And now the Lion King looks great. Let's hope it lives up to the expectations! :lol:

If I may throw my thoughts in here, I've seen Dumbo and I wasn't a fan unfortunately. I'm going to see Aladdin purely out of curiosity, I'm not really excited for it. 

The Lion King, on the other hand, I am really looking forward to. It looks a lot better than Aladdin does in my opinion, and as the animated one is one of my all time favourites there's no way I can't be excited for it. :lol:

• Like 2

Re the Lion King discussion, TLK has looked fantastic from the get go, whereas Aladdin and Dumbo not so much - I think certain scenes, if they do them, will be very hard to watch in the new film as it's so realistic.  They were bad enough in the cartoon version.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

As mounts are quite thick (Relatively speaking) it essentially keeps the glass off the poster as it adds a bit of depth between them - if the poster is signed, it means it keeps the glass off the signatures.  It's not essential, but it does mean you don't have any risk of the auto's transferring to the glass because they are touching.  If I'm having a poster framed I take it to a proper framers, but it's not cheap (but does mean it'll be done properly and you can select the frame and mount) - if you are doing it yourself, you can get mounts made for you, you would just need to find somewhere online that you can order a mount from which should be easy.

Ah I see, I never even considered that the auto could transfer to the glass if they touch, thank you for letting me know. :thumbup:

Just now, The Friendly Dalek said:

Ah I see, I never even considered that the auto could transfer to the glass if they touch, thank you for letting me know. :thumbup:

Some people have in the past mentioned it's happened to them and if anyone has ever used one of those clip frames in the past and had photo's in there for ages they may have seen it happen = I know I've got a couple of photo's permanently welded in a clip frame.  

Especially with certain pens that take ages to dry, and any that have oil in them which technically never dries - you put them in a frame touching glass and it's going to stick.

• Thanks 1