General Chat

Wrong Name

8 hours ago, natedammit said:

Indeed. I have no idea who half the Autos on my wood are.

Heh.  That's another level of filing right there!  For multi signed items, my posters for example, and books, I have a word document listing them by item and who's on it (and in the case of the books, which page and location).  And based off a very good idea by @Wrong Name I started an excel doc where I took a photo of each signature and put it in a chart where I could type the name of the signatory next to it so I've always got a visual record of who's sig is who's.  But I got fed up doing it when I got to my 2 Stargate posters which each have about 50 sigs on and had a few I couldn't figure out.  I really must update the others though as it is quite a useful way of recording them.

7 hours ago, bazza96 said:

What a good idea, didn't think of that either! I guess once you become a seasoned veteran they all sort of merge into one! :lol:

You calling me old? :huh::whistling::lol:

One other suggestion regarding the ones you have in frames.  If you don't want to get mounts for them all, a lot of people who have them on the walls just scan the original and keep that safe in a folder, then frame the scan - that way you don't need to worry about more expensive frames and mounts and can use cheap clip frames if you want, and you don't need to worry about sun damage either.

2 other pieces of advice for you for when you are at the event.  It's worthwhile buying something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Brand-Tuff-Storage-Deep/dp/B0722ZTV9P/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=tiger+box&qid=1554623006&s=gateway&sr=8-7 as they are ideal to keep in your bag and you can put your auto's and photo shoot prints in them.  As they are rigid, they keep your items nice and crumple free - many people new to events don't know about that and don't have anything protective with them, and given the price you pay for some auto's the last thing you want is not to keep them safe.  If you type in Tuff Storage, you can see a variety of items and sizes.  Secondly, at many events there will be a stall selling Top Loaders https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/261916575150?chn=ps&var=560747217897.  Do not use them.  They are a semi rigid thin storage option that are open at the top.  They are not acid free and they are thin so if you put your auto's in there they will touch the inside and over time the auto can transfer onto it.  They can be OK to use as a last resort if you don't have any other options and make sure the auto is totally dry before putting it in there but they should be used for transport only, not for storage.

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

That's another level of filing right there!  For multi signed items, my posters for example, and books, I have a word document listing them by item and who's on it (and in the case of the books, which page and location).  And based off a very good idea by @Wrong Name I started an excel doc where I took a photo of each signature and put it in a chart where I could type the name of the signatory next to it so I've always got a visual record of who's sig is who's.  But I got fed up doing it when I got to my 2 Stargate posters which each have about 50 sigs on and had a few I couldn't figure out.  I really must update the others though as it is quite a useful way of recording them.

Yeah I thought about copying that idea too, but decided I had better things to do with my life. I actually don't, my life is very dull, I'm just too lazy.

2 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Yeah I thought about copying that idea too, but decided I had better things to do with my life. I actually don't, my life is very dull, I'm just too lazy.

Do it.  You know you want to.  You can join us in total geekdom and spend an afternoon cataloguing your stamp autograph collection rather than going outside and interacting with other people 

:whistling:

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Do it.  You know you want to.  You can join us in total geekdom and spend an afternoon cataloguing your stamp autograph collection rather than going outside and interacting with other people 

:whistling:

Well of course, outside people interaction is always my preferred option.

Having nothing better to do on a wet Sunday afternoon than watch Gotham and do online shopping I am now the proud owner of acid free pocket sleeves and a ring binder to put them in.

Thought it best to start early while my collection is still small. And beats having them tucked away in a drawer.  :D

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Having nothing better to do on a wet Sunday afternoon than watch Gotham and do online shopping I am now the proud owner of acid free pocket sleeves and a ring binder to put them in.

Thought it best to start early while my collection is still small. And beats having them tucked away in a drawer.  :D

He, you'll soon be a total nerdy dweeb with your labelled auto collection just like us!

• Haha 1

Hey, you know that bit in a million comedies when someone is trimming someone's hair with clippers and they get distracted then end up shaving a bit bald? Wouldn't it be funny if somebody did that to themself in real life? Wouldn't that be bloody hilarious?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

14 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Hey, you know that bit in a million comedies when someone is trimming someone's hair with clippers and they get distracted then end up shaving a bit bald? Wouldn't it be funny if somebody did that to themself in real life? Wouldn't that be bloody hilarious?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Somebody would be required to post a picture.

That's not horrific, barely noticeable.  That chap that's definitely not you has nothing to worry about at all, however do you have time to chat about your strange light string, that's obviously totally not in your house?

33 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That's not horrific, barely noticeable.  That chap that's definitely not you has nothing to worry about at all, however do you have time to chat about your strange light string, that's obviously totally not in your house?

I believe the idiot in the photo got his mum involved to make the sides shorter so it was less obvious. It's actually worse than the pic makes it look. I would imagine. I would guess the lights were old Christmas decorations that never got taken down and now just stay unused - not even at Christmas. Or something. As for why the flag of Samoa is in his kitchen, I would have no clue, for I am not him.

30 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yes, I kind of missed a very obvious trick there didn't I

A bear pun would only work if that were me, which, as we have established, it isn't.

3 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I believe the idiot in the photo got his mum involved to make the sides shorter so it was less obvious. It's actually worse than the pic makes it look. I would imagine. I would guess the lights were old Christmas decorations that never got taken down and now just stay unused - not even at Christmas. Or something. As for why the flag of Samoa is in his kitchen, I would have no clue, for I am not him.

A bear pun would only work if that were me, which, as we have established, it isn't.

You know what they do in film sometimes when they need to give someone a realistic beard that matches their hair?  Give them a trim and glue the bits on.  I'm sure that chap that's not you could find some hair somewhere to trim and glue on his head.

But on the subject of that chap totally not being you, I think you need to call the police because he seems to have a flickr account with a lot of pictures of you and that's like stranger danger.

I only read the first and seventh book of Harry Potter (don't have enough imagination to enjoy reading) but I love the movies ever since I saw the first one in theaters when I was 4. I've been in London so many times but tickets were always sold out for the show of The Cursed Child but there are still tickets available for july when I'm in London for LFCC. Is it worth the five hours of my life? Didn't hear a lot of great stuff about the scriptbookthing.

10 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I only read the first and seventh book of Harry Potter (don't have enough imagination to enjoy reading) but I love the movies ever since I saw the first one in theaters when I was 4. I've been in London so many times but tickets were always sold out for the show of The Cursed Child but there are still tickets available for july when I'm in London for LFCC. Is it worth the five hours of my life? Didn't hear a lot of great stuff about the scriptbookthing.

I've heard good reports for the play, but a lot of the fandom counts it as heresy and non canon, so it's up to yourself if you want to see it.