General Chat

Wrong Name

Wow. A bunch of grown ups pretending to be bears. 

Take a good look at yourselves people. How did you sink so low?

You used to have hopes and dreams, thought you would make something of your lives, but now here you are.

A sad bunch of wannabears.

• Haha 2

On 3/15/2019 at 4:35 PM, Chris1970 said:

Trailers usually follow the same scheme.. dialog about everything is lost and lets fight then followed by fast short clips of some the most extreme cgi in the movie. Got nothing to do with what film or franchise it is, Marvel, DC or Star Wars etc. As a fan of a certain franchise you know what you are up for. For those who has never seen or heard about them it could be of value. I just prefer to see a movie without seeing anything of it before, a fresh view. Then you get hammered with 10-15 sec teasers on TV is kind of hard to avoid.

So, your problem with trailers is that they don't represent what you'll get when you see the movie?

That's interesting, because my problem with them (and I naively believed this was a universal thing) is that they reveal way too much, so when you get to see the actual movie all the cool stuf has been spoiled for you. That is part of what has us all so worked up with the Endgame trailer - they have made an actual effort to make the movie look exciting (like it needs any help!) without revealing anything crucial. Kevin Feige has actually stated that all the promotional material is taken from the first 15 minutes of the movie, so we can watch it all and be relatively spoiler free.

Then again, Infinity War dropped a very big bomb in the first 5 minutes, so you never know...

5 minutes ago, MarioVl said:

So, your problem with trailers is that they don't represent what you'll get when you see the movie?

That's interesting, because my problem with them (and I naively believed this was a universal thing) is that they reveal way too much, so when you get to see the actual movie all the cool stuf has been spoiled for you. That is part of what has us all so worked up with the Endgame trailer - they have made an actual effort to make the movie look exciting (like it needs any help!) without revealing anything crucial. Kevin Feige has actually stated that all the promotional material is taken from the first 15 minutes of the movie, so we can watch it all and be relatively spoiler free.

Then again, Infinity War dropped a very big bomb in the first 5 minutes, so you never know...

Kind of but I just see the same pattern in the build up of a trailer these days so I might as well wait until the movie is released, plus about the time the trailer is out the premiere is usually not that far away. It got nothing to do with what movie or tv-series. I prefer not to point out Marvel or DC out of respect for those who like it and I know there are many of you who do. I get the feeling some might think I talk about the new Marvel one that is out, but this is my general view of a trailers. When it comes to Marvel and DC I only touch a tiny part of those two big cakes (Cloak & Dagger and Legends Of Tomorrow). That is enough for me. :D

I am a huge GoT fan but I can admit I have not seen any of the teasers or trailer of the upcoming last season. I can wait. ^_^ But I can take a wild guess there are short dialogues, dark scenes and clips of the dragons. -_- I can wait until April 15th, not so long to go anyway.

So, no critics to any franchise at all, just like I wrote earlier, for me a trailer is 5 selected pages of a book of 400 pages. I can wait until the whole thing is released and get the whole picture instead. ^_^