General Chat

Wrong Name

15 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

@The_batflash123 Love your new profile pic. Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to add Jodie to it. :thumbup:

Thanks, I'll survive not meeting Jodie though. Nothing wrong with her (or a female Doctor for that matter) but I really didn't like series 11. The only thing about series 11 that I really liked was Bradley Walsh ^_^

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

Thanks, I'll survive not meeting Jodie though. Nothing wrong with her (or a female Doctor for that matter) but I really didn't like series 11. The only thing about series 11 that I really liked was Bradley Walsh ^_^

Unfortunately I have to agree with you there. Bradley Walsh is excellent, but he is the only one of the main regulars which I actually liked (Tosin Cole is also likeable, but not to the same extent). As much as I wanted to love Series 11 I was immensely let down by it. I think that with the correct writing and directing Jodie could make a good Doctor, but we haven't been given anything yet which proves that.

Although if SM want to get Jodie or any of the other leads at an event I wouldn't complain. ;)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

3 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you there. Bradley Walsh is excellent, but he is the only one of the main regulars which I actually liked (Tosin Cole is also likeable, but not to the same extent). As much as I wanted to love Series 11 I was immensely let down by it. I think that with the correct writing and directing Jodie could make a good Doctor, but we haven't been given anything yet which proves that.

Although if SM want to get Jodie or any of the other leads at an event I wouldn't complain. ;)

I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt that way about Series 11. After the opening episode, which was great, the rest was disappointing. Jodie was definitely let down by the writing. Bradley Walsh was definitely the star.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt that way about Series 11. After the opening episode, which was great, the rest was disappointing. Jodie was definitely let down by the writing. Bradley Walsh was definitely the star.

You don't have to look very hard online to see some very vocal discussions regarding the quality of Series 11. It happens on both ends, I have seen people say it is the worst thing to ever happen and others saying that absolutely everything about it was perfect, but these groups are never respectful of the opinions of the other. Due to this I tend to avoid talking about Series 11 just because it is a lot easier than dealing with some people. My marathon will be fun when I reach that series...

I definitely have a lot of issues with that Series which I will explain in further detail when I get to those episodes, but I will say I agree with everything you said, except I personally don't think the series opener was a great episode. I am glad you liked it but I didn't, which is a shame because I really wanted to like it. But yeah, you are certainly not the only one who feels that way about that series. :lol:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I tend to avoid talking about Series 11 just because it is a lot easier than dealing with some people. My marathon will be fun when I reach that series...

I'm sure we'll be politer than the stuff you read on the internet which I also tend to avoid 

Can't help thinking we'll probably agree on most of the episodes :laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I'm sure we'll be politer than the stuff you read on the internet which I also tend to avoid 

Can't help thinking we'll probably agree on most of the episodes :laugh:

There's only one episode in that Series which I would say that I actually like and want to watch again, and in a series of 10 episodes (11 if you count Resolution) that really isn't a good sign. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

There's only one episode in that Series which I would say that I actually like and want to watch again, and in a series of 10 episodes (11 if you count Resolution) that really isn't a good sign. 

Which one would that be? Mine was the one with the spiders, I didn't totally hate that one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...