General Chat

Wrong Name

17 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Lol, yeah, it's the science museum in London.  Apologies for the darkness of the picture, there was a reason it was that dark but I forget why?  I think @Wrong Name can explain when he's taking a break from his holidays.

I have a theory, and i’m Glad you brought it up. What it is, you see, is that these are spaceships. And where are Space ships usually found? That’s right, in space. And what is a very well known feature of space? Correct, it’s black. So what they did here was paint the walls black to simulate the feeling of being in space, without actually having to go to space. It’s clever stuff. Let me know if I need to break it down a bit more for you. 

They also did some clever work with vehicles at different heights to simulate flight, but I’ll save all that for another day.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

I have a theory, and i’m Glad you brought it up. What it is, you see, is that these are spaceships. And where are Space ships usually found? That’s right, in space. And what is a very well known feature of space? Correct, it’s black. So what they did here was paint the walls black to simulate the feeling of being in space, without actually having to go to space. It’s clever stuff. Let me know if I need to break it down a bit more for you. 

They also did some clever work with vehicles at different heights to simulate flight, but I’ll save all that for any day.

Oh that was well timed, I've just been putting buckets of mud in the car to go to the tip in the pouring rain and I'm soaked and cold and that made me laugh.  I don't think I'll get tired of hearing that explanation.

48 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Oh that was well timed, I've just been putting buckets of mud in the car to go to the tip in the pouring rain and I'm soaked and cold and that made me laugh.  I don't think I'll get tired of hearing that explanation.

I’m planning a 4 hour lecture on the subject that I will record and release on DVD so you will be able to watch as many times as you need.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I’m planning a 4 hour lecture on the subject that I will record and release on DVD so you will be able to watch as many times as you need.

Followed 6 months later by a 6 hour directors cut version I hope, then by a re release with 'improved cgi' and an an additional 12 seconds of previously unseen footage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Im scared of Instagram. It scares me because I am old and don’t understand such things :huh: We didn’t have old days in the old days etc.

I’ve only joined instagram today, I feel like I’ve jumped on the social media bandwagon so as to speak way too late :lol: