Guest Suggestions

Wrong Name

2 hours ago, Rydog2k said:

This is a suggestion and a question kinda but just curious is there any chance of announcing singers or band members etc cause I’m confused after meatloaf last year, was that because he was an actor as well?

with that being said sir elton would be brilliant to see at a con, could match up nicely with his farewell tour and would love to get a signature on a kingsman dvd

Generally no.  I'm not sure what prompted Meatloaf, and he was clearly popular, so you never know.  I don't think there will ever be your run of the mill music people, as they tried to do a music con and it didn't work, but I suppose you never know re the really big names.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rydog2k said:

This is a suggestion and a question kinda but just curious is there any chance of announcing singers or band members etc cause I’m confused after meatloaf last year, was that because he was an actor as well?

with that being said sir elton would be brilliant to see at a con, could match up nicely with his farewell tour and would love to get a signature on a kingsman dvd

35 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Generally no.  I'm not sure what prompted Meatloaf, and he was clearly popular, so you never know.  I don't think there will ever be your run of the mill music people, as they tried to do a music con and it didn't work, but I suppose you never know re the really big names.

With Fight Club, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and many other movie and TV appearances, Meat can definitely be classed as an actor in his own right. It is unusual for musicians who haven't had some kind of acting success above a cameo to come to these events.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JokerJosh said:

That's probably too much as well, it's not enough to just not name them I'm afraid, anything that leads to the info being found is too much.

Edited by Raylenth

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That's probably too much as well, it's not enough to just not name them I'm afraid, anything that leads to the info being found is too much.

Fair enough I apologize. I will remove it right now.

Can I ask why though?

4 minutes ago, JokerJosh said:

Fair enough I apologize. I will remove it right now.

Can I ask why though?

That's OK, no problem.  It's because they are competing events and Showmasters pay for these forums to be here so any discussion is effectively advertising for those other events. 
There's a fine line between what's too much and what isn't so it's always best to fall on the side of caution.

Edited by Raylenth

Just now, Raylenth said:

That's OK, no problem.  It's because they are rival events and Showmasters pay for these forums to be here so any discussion is effectively advertising for those other events. 
There's a fine line between what's too much and what isn't so it's always best to fall on the side of caution.

Got ya thanks.

Lindsay Crouse (Buffy, LA Dragnet & Law & Order)
Chad Lindberg (Supernatural, CSI: NY, I Spit On Your Grave & Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.)
Shiri Appleby (Roswell, ER, Swimfan, Six Degrees, Girls, Un-Real & Life Unexpected)
Michael Stoyanov (The Dark Knight & Blossom)
Jackson Rathbone (Twilight, S Darko, The Last Airbender & Aim High)
Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory, Charmed, 8 Simple Rules & 6Teen)

I know Vicki Michelle and Francesca Gonshaw was guests at Cardiff CC last month but I hope they can repeat with a visit to LFCC.

And I would also love some other Allo Allo guests, like: Sue Hodge, Kirsten Cooke and Arthur Bostrom.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 2

On 4/13/2019 at 5:38 PM, Rydog2k said:

I would not like to guess the prices for meeting Elton though. Extortionate. I had a glance at the ticket prices for his 'farewell' tour & the cheapest ones at Manchester Arena up in the nosebleeds are £102 each. I love a good Elton song as much as anybody but I'm not paying that when I could have the exact same experience watching a live DVD for £15.

4 hours ago, kelligrafie said:

I would not like to guess the prices for meeting Elton though. Extortionate. I had a glance at the ticket prices for his 'farewell' tour & the cheapest ones at Manchester Arena up in the nosebleeds are £102 each. I love a good Elton song as much as anybody but I'm not paying that when I could have the exact same experience watching a live DVD for £15.

Yeh it is a lot, but he’s a brilliant musician and I’d love to meet him... that being said if he was very expensive I probably wouldn’t meet him, I have a rule only 3 people I’d pay over £100 for that’s taken egerton, Bryan Cranston and Idris Elba (sadly Bryan Cranston doesn’t do signings anymore I believe :grump:)

Hi everyone, 

Very quick question, what are the chances of Matt Smith and David Tennant returning this year? I couldn't get Matt last year and whilst I was there on the Saturday, they announced David for the Sunday which I couldn't attend. Would love to get autos/photos with them.

I know you guys can't predict the future but if any LFCC veteran knows any of patterns of guests returning (ie, they never do two years in a row), any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to see if I need to put some funds to one side ^_^:P

29 minutes ago, bazza96 said:

Hi everyone, 

Very quick question, what are the chances of Matt Smith and David Tennant returning this year? I couldn't get Matt last year and whilst I was there on the Saturday, they announced David for the Sunday which I couldn't attend. Would love to get autos/photos with them.

I know you guys can't predict the future but if any LFCC veteran knows any of patterns of guests returning (ie, they never do two years in a row), any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to see if I need to put some funds to one side ^_^:P

As you said, we cannot predict the future since it all depends on their schedules and if Showmasters even contacted them this year.

But, both Jason Momoa and Christopher Eccleston are returning this year. They were both headlining guests last year... If this is of any indication - guest appearances two years in a row ARE possible, but still very rare. 

Matt and David were in huge demand last year, David especially... So I wouldn't doubt that Showmasters would at least try to get them back. So there is always hope. But until they are officially announced, we would not know anything.

10 hours ago, bazza96 said:

Hi everyone, 

I'd always say that it's best to assume they won't be attending, after all there's no reason they will be.  As Fan said, there's every chance they might be back at some point, possibly even this year as guests do come back repeatedly, and sometimes straight away, but I personally think it'll be a long time before someone gets a lot of the mains in the same location at the same time again.

4 minutes ago, ajknight1972 said:

Jenny Agutter?

Apologies if she's already been mentioned, 60 pages to look through :-(

What a nice polite Northamptonian you are. Everyone's already been mentioned, some people 100s of times, but that doesn't stop anybody else from continuously posting the same names. So have at it.