First Time DST FAQ?

Perrydotto

1 hour ago, Perrydotto said:

So, I was being blind. Thank you for the help!

Anything you don’t find there ask here. There’s usually a newbie questions thread but nobodies started one yet so just use this one. Nothing is too silly a question. We were all DST virgins once

• Like 2

I'll ask then: I really like the idea of the Virtual Queue to avoid standing in lines all the time. Where do you get such a ticket, though? At the entrance? At the autograph area? Do all special guests have their autograph tables in a row together or are they in different places? Where do I pay for autographs?

Edited by Perrydotto

1 minute ago, Perrydotto said:

I'll ask then: I really like the idea of the Virtual Queue to avoid standing in lines all the time. Where do you get such a ticket, though? At the entrance? At the autograph area? Do all special guests have their autograph tables in a row together or are they in different places? Where do I pay for autographs?

You get the VQ tickets at the end of the line by the guests table, SM crew will be handing them out. You pay for autographs at the signing table.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

22 hours ago, Perrydotto said:

My sincere apologies if I'm simply awful at finding stuff and wasting people's time, but I was wondering if there is a DST FAQ for first time visitors like me? The only thing I found was an FAQ for LFCC, which seems very helpful, but as a total newbie I have no idea how much of it is applicable to DST. Can anyone help out?

Won’t be the only newbie this year. I will be as well 

On 9/18/2018 at 5:29 PM, Perrydotto said:

The best advice for VQ’s is prioritise. Try to get there early and decide you you would like most. Lots of people race to get VQ’s so grab the ones you really want first. Head for the autograph area immediately upon entering (there will be a layout map posted nearer the event which will show where the area is but not where the specific guests are as they move desks in between days a lot). Look for the posters of the actors to find the queue and grab as early a ticket number as you can. You can join the queue any time after your number has been called. There will be a sign at the end of each queue displaying which VQ numbers are allowed to join. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Captain Lucas said:

Am I right in thinking there is a way to pay for autographs by card, by buying tokens or something?

Yes, go to the sales desk and you can purchase vouchers, but if you need VQ's for the guests go do that first, then go buy your vouchers

• 4 weeks later...

Two more things I'm curious about just to be certain:

Should I bring cash to the venue to pay for autographs, vendor table stuff, etc. or can I also pay with card? Will only pounds sterling be accepted as currency?

Will badge pickup start early or right as the timetable starts on Friday?

4 minutes ago, Perrydotto said:

Should I bring cash to the venue to pay for autographs, vendor table stuff, etc. or can I also pay with card? Will only pounds sterling be accepted as currency?

Bring cash. The auto tables definitely will not accept card. Some of the vendors might, but most won't. You can buy vouchers from the Sales desk with card, which can then be used at the auto tables, but this is a bit of a hassle as the Sales Desk can be very busy. 

There are ATMs at the NEC if you don't want to travel with a wad of cash (or need a top up), but these are not always reliable as they can run out of money. They also charge withdrawal fees, although I believe there are some at the train station that are free.

19 minutes ago, Perrydotto said:

Two more things I'm curious about just to be certain:

Will badge pickup start early or right as the timetable starts on Friday?

Registration usually starts before the event begins - it would be a nightmare if they waited until it opens, but there's no times I can see on the website so can't advise when it may be, I'd assume at least an hour or so before

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Registration usually starts before the event begins - it would be a nightmare if they waited until it opens, but there's no times I can see on the website so can't advise when it may be, I'd assume at least an hour or so before

It would appear according to the DST website, registration times are as follows :-

Event Open Times
Friday 19th October

14:00 - 20:00 (Registration Opens: 10:00)

Saturday 20th October

09:00 - 18:00 (Registration Opens: 08:00)

Sunday 21st October

This is on the tickets page....

http://www.destinationstartrek.com/tickets

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matty-lad said:

It would appear according to the DST website, registration times are as follows :-

Event Open Times
Friday 19th October

14:00 - 20:00 (Registration Opens: 10:00)

Saturday 20th October

Sunday 21st October

This is on the tickets page....

http://www.destinationstartrek.com/tickets

Thanks Matty, I only looked on the FAQ

6 hours ago, Perrydotto said:

I'm guessing bringing your own food is off the table, but what about drinks, like plain water?

You an bring whatever food and drink you like Perry, there's no ban.  The only restrictions would be no glass bottles.

• Like 1