Being William Shatner Party

Ravogd

Any information on this? I have been sent a text by a friend that it is happening and they got it from Facebook. I am not a Facebook user and would appreciate it if the forums and even the event website were updated with announcements, at the very least, at the same time as Facebook is. It’s very frustrating!

9 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Any information on this? I have been sent a text by a friend that it is happening and they got it from Facebook. I am not a Facebook user and would appreciate it if the forums and even the event website were updated with announcements, at the very least, at the same time as Facebook is. It’s very frustrating!

41589662_1848399945259147_70133730825721

"Let's party! At Destination Star Trek the fun doesn't stop when the hall closes! We have a themed party on Friday and Saturday nights at the nearby Hilton Birmingham Metropole.

Friday night we bring you the Being William Shatner party! No denying James T Kirk is synonymous with Mr. Shatner, but we thought it only fitting to celebrate his long and varied career. Will you come dressed as T.J. Hooker, The Big Giant Head, Stan Fields, or a creative mashup? Or perhaps you will celebrate the man himself by donning your best Canadian apparel or maybe come as a cowboy? Come kick off the weekend and dance the night away."

3 hours ago, robmoriarty said:

41589662_1848399945259147_70133730825721

"Let's party! At Destination Star Trek the fun doesn't stop when the hall closes! We have a themed party on Friday and Saturday nights at the nearby Hilton Birmingham Metropole.

Friday night we bring you the Being William Shatner party! No denying James T Kirk is synonymous with Mr. Shatner, but we thought it only fitting to celebrate his long and varied career. Will you come dressed as T.J. Hooker, The Big Giant Head, Stan Fields, or a creative mashup? Or perhaps you will celebrate the man himself by donning your best Canadian apparel or maybe come as a cowboy? Come kick off the weekend and dance the night away."

That's exactly what I was sent by my friend Rob but that makes my point. This is not in this forum, it is not on the website, the very website it lists at the bottom of the picture that you would assume has more information! I know it can take a while for websites to be updated but this top heavy dependency on facebook being the be all and end all for information is annoying. The facebook post directs you to the website which still many hours later has no mention of it.

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm genuinely sorry. The mods try to copy over Facebook announcements as soon as we see them, but unfortunately both Stuart and I have our Hands full with non-Forum issues at the Moment and sometimes miss stuff.

I will Forward your comments to the Office.

Thanks Queen. It’s not a massive problem, like you say it only happens occasionally but thanks for answering.

• Like 1