Talk Schedule

StuartG2198

Already seen the schedules as about 2hrs ago I got an email saying what talks are included and wasn’t expecting to get SIX GUEST TALKS included in the package.  Fantastic news

1.  25yrs Of DS9
  2. Discovery Yr1(presume this is the package exclusive)
  3. William Shatner: The One & Only
  4. Jeri Ryan: Seven Of Nine
  5. Jason Issacs: The Man In The Mirror
  6. Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell: You Are Cordially Invited

What happens at these talks?  Presume the actor speaks about their career etc,  focusing on Star Trek,  then it’s a q&a with the audience?

now got fingers crossed Jeri is included as one of my 5 autographs that are included in the package :D

Edited by brooketessmacherfan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Maxbanjo13 said:

Are the European space agency and Fred Haise talks paid?

Have a look on the ticket page, if they aren't listed there, they aren't paid.

11 hours ago, brooketessmacherfan said:

What happens at these talks?  Presume the actor speaks about their career etc,  focusing on Star Trek,  then it’s a q&a with the audience?

If they follow the usual format, yes, pretty much.

• Like 1

Ok thank you Raylenth.  Just wondering now as a general follow on question,  will the guests doing the talks included in the commander package be the guests that are the guest autographs included in the commander package?  William Shatner, Jason Isaacs, Jeri Ryan,  Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell?

3 hours ago, brooketessmacherfan said:

Ok thank you Raylenth.  Just wondering now as a general follow on question,  will the guests doing the talks included in the commander package be the guests that are the guest autographs included in the commander package?  William Shatner, Jason Isaacs, Jeri Ryan,  Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell?

No they won’t be. As you can see from the description in your package the 5 autographs are 1 Captain or equivalent, 1 bridge crew or equivalent and then 3 vouchers for £15 which can only be used against any guest charging £15 for an autograph. These cannot be added together (so you cannot use 2 £15 vouchers to get an autograph worth £30 for example). It is possible you will get William Shatner (Captain), Jeri Ryan (Bridge crew) but it could just as easily be any other combination. It is not related to the talks at all. You could also just as like;y get Kate Mulgrew and Michael Dorn for example.

Im also confused that you say you have 6 paid talks included in you package. The Commander package includes the opening ceremony (which is free anyway), the 25 years of DS9 talk and 2 other paid talks from The one and only, Seven of nine,  Man in the Mirror and You are cordially invited. It is likely this is a misprint on the website though as they seem to have upped the number of talks included in each package from what was previously advertised so you could well be right. Also there are no “package exclusive” talks. Anybody at the convention can attend any talk. You just need to pay for it if it is not included in your package. Your package just means that if you attend any of these other paid talks (not included in your package) you still get priority seating in the Commander area.

EDIT: having checked this out you are indeed correct about the number of talks. Apologies if I created confusion. So glad the number has been increased this is great news.

Edited by Ravogd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ravogd said:

No they won’t be. As you can see from the description in your package the 5 autographs are 1 Captain or equivalent, 1 bridge crew or equivalent and then 3 vouchers for £15 which can only be used against any guest charging £15 for an autograph. These cannot be added together (so you cannot use 2 £15 vouchers to get an autograph worth £30 for example). It is possible you will get William Shatner (Captain), Jeri Ryan (Bridge crew) but it could just as easily be any other combination. It is not related to the talks at all. You could also just as like;y get Kate Mulgrew and Michael Dorn for example.

Im also confused that you say you have 6 paid talks included in you package. The Commander package includes the opening ceremony (which is free anyway), the 25 years of DS9 talk and 2 other paid talks from The one and only, Seven of nine,  Man in the Mirror and You are cordially invited. It is likely this is a misprint on the website though as they seem to have upped the number of talks included in each package from what was previously advertised so you could well be right. Also there are no “package exclusive” talks. Anybody at the convention can attend any talk. You just need to pay for it if it is not included in your package. Your package just means that if you attend any of these other paid talks (not included in your package) you still get priority seating in the Commander area.

EDIT: having checked this out you are indeed correct about the number of talks. Apologies if I created confusion. So glad the number has been increased this is great news.

Thanks for explaining & clarifying what autographs that are included Ravogod.  I’ve never done a Star Trek Convention before so have questions etc to ask over the next 2 months.  Just like to be completely organised etc beforehand (im autistic and autistic people like to be very organised and have a set routine every day)

regarding the talks,  not a problem. I was going to say my commander package email I got yesterday evening says it’s 4 paid talks included in my commander package and then at the bottom said what the 4 talks are.  Here is the email I received anyway

What is included in your package:

3 day entry to Destination Star Trek Birmingham
1 x Opening Ceremony Ticket*
1 x Ticket to ‘25 Years of Star Trek Deep Space Nine Talk'
1 Exclusive Event Talk (To Be Announced)
4 x Paid Guest Talks ~
Priority seating in designated Commander seats in all talk theatres *
1 x Standard Green Screen Photo Opportunity (ticket holder only - no guest)
1 x Standard Bridge Photo Opportunity (ticket holder only - no guest)
5 x Individual in-person guest autographs **
Priority autograph area access - Fast Track^
1 x Friday and Saturday Full Party ticket
1 x Commander Goody Bag including the following: 
1 x DSTB Drawstring Bag, 1 x DSTB Baseball Cap, 1 x Limited Edition DSTB collectors card, 1 x 16x12” DSTB event print, 1 x Souvenir Programme, 1 x DSTB Lanyard,  1 x 10x8" pre-signed Destination Star Trek photograph (actor not at event), and a selection of exclusive DSTB memorabilia.

Please visit the website for full details

Your Assigned Paid Talks

The One & Only – William Shatner – Saturday

Seven of Nine – Jeri Ryan - Sunday

Man in the Mirror - Jason Isaacs - Sunday

You Are Cordially Invited - Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell - Sunday

Obviously the “Exclusive Event Talk” is now announced as Discovery: Year One.  That’s why I said the total paid talks included in my package is 6,  

The DS9 Talk

The Discovery Year 1 talk

The 4 Talks with William Shatner,  Jeri Ryan,  Jason Isaacs and Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell 

Can’t wait to see in future emails which guests are included as the guest autographs & what photos I get included.  Who ever I get,  I’m in no doubt I’ll have a fantastic 1st Star Trek Convention.  Plus I’m going to get subscribed to Netflix so I can get up to speed with Star Trek: Discovery so I’ve questions for Jason & the Discovery Year One talk

• Like 1

Further to the questions about whether talks are paid or not. Paid talks only happen on the Enterprise stage. This does not mean that every talk on the Enterprise stage is paid, just that the other 2 won’t have any paid talks. This is the only stage that is fully sectioned off and has no way to see the stage without being in the “arena.” The Voyager and Excelsior stages are smaller and just a partitioned off area in the hall. 

• Like 1

Y'know I'm really starting to look forward to this! I'm chronically indecisive, and ended up not going to the previous two DSTs becaus I couldn't make up my mind what package to get and such. This time the DS9 theme was enough to make me get myself the commander package (DS9's my favourite even if that is near heresy to some). Really excited about the talks, that's probably the main draw for me and what's incuded in the package is pretty much perfect. I'll probably also get tickets for "Life on the Promenade" and quite possibly "There's Coffee in that Nebula" (DS9 may be my favourite show but Janeway's probably my favourite captain!) Some interesting free talks on the schedule too. The Cardassians, Securing DS9, and more to come by the looks of the "TBC"s. Good stuff.