Thanks For The Day...

Veteran of 40+ Showmasters events and first time at Sheffield....had a great day out.. very relaxed compared to the whirlwind of LFCC... thanks always to the crew and to all the guests..had some great chats about their work....

I was in and out within an hour with a general admission ticket, would have been even quicker but I had a quick look around the dealer tables. Pleased to see that Caroline Munro had the longest “queue”.

That was probably me in the "queue" if it was around 4pm ish :D - chap in front of me had a really good chat with Caroline which I didn't mind waiting around for as he probably had a lot more questions than I did, and she was lovely to meet when I got to say hello. I watched Sinbad last night so I had a few questions to ask her about it.

There was a very long queue for Ade Edmondson when I met him at collectormania in Birmingham back in June and he was disappointing on reflection (rude) - long queues don't equal a nice experience at the end of them in some cases.

I was happy there weren't queues for the wrestlers in attendance today as I got to have a good chat with them which I wouldn't have gotten with a queue behind me.

Overall I had a great day, this is my 3rd Sheffield con and I really enjoyed it. I hope these carry on in Sheffield.

It was great to meet Michelle Ryan yesterday but felt sorry for the guests during their talks (Michelle and Caroline Munro) in that none of the people looking after them had done their homework about the actors and what they had been in. They had NO prepared questions and had to rely on the audience asking them. Poor Caroline Munro managed well and  told a few stories, Michelle fared better in that there were ample questions from the audience, but the presenter only knew 2 things things she had been in and said to her ' what else have you been in?'.

Not good enough. If you invite guests for talks, make sure there are good questions to ask which make for  an entertaining time for the audience as well as the interviewee.

I love this venue but do wish there were more guests on both days, there just isn't enough to do.   We were there today and there were so few people in the queues when we arrived I almost thought it had been cancelled.   I've never been to such a quiet, fuss-free event.

Had a  very enjoyable Saturday at sheffield.guests were excellent with their talks.Met Caroline Monroe,very lovely lady with plenty of time for her fans.wife enjoyed meeting Colin Baker,nice man spent up on the stalls.Does anyone know if there is one at Sheffield next year as not seen notices.really hope so

On 8/19/2018 at 6:58 PM, shinobi said:

It was great to meet Michelle Ryan yesterday but felt sorry for the guests during their talks (Michelle and Caroline Munro) in that none of the people looking after them had done their homework about the actors and what they had been in. They had NO prepared questions and had to rely on the audience asking them. Poor Caroline Munro managed well and  told a few stories, Michelle fared better in that there were ample questions from the audience, but the presenter only knew 2 things things she had been in and said to her ' what else have you been in?'.

Not good enough. If you invite guests for talks, make sure there are good questions to ask which make for  an entertaining time for the audience as well as the interviewee.

The majority of talks at smaller shows are general Q&As rather than the host asking all of the questions (LFCC has a mix of 100% hosting, 50:50 host/attendee questions and Mark Shepherd last year did a one man stand up routine for his talk with no questions asked at all). I prefer the open Q&A as for me it makes it feel more personable and interesting and being able to get an answer to a question that I feel is important to me and that perhaps others would also like to hear rather than questions that I may perhaps read in a magazine article.

Edited by Knitty Fred