Digital Copies of Pictures from Photosessions

-Phi

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a silly question.  How do we find out when they are available?  Is there a specific photo site we need to monitor?  Do we get an e-mail?  Do they carve a message into the side of the moon with a giant laser?

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Am I the only one who really does not care about the digital copies? I only downloaded one from last year (the one in my photo). They're nice to look through but I already scanned my physical copies on.

I don't particularly.  I just scan them for posting on Fbook and stuff and that's sufficient for me.  I only bought one last year and that was the discarded one I had with Cumbers because it was an error but still funny

30 minutes ago, RomeroSavini said:

I want best quality photo possible I guess :-) 

For me a scan of a physical photo is low quality, but not as low quality as a photo of a photo- as that is about as low quality as I can get, I want more :-D

Even if it does cost me £5 a picture haha

I actually had a photo of a photo as my profile picture on facebook for about a week it turned out to be alright quality! I might buy a few of them once they are up (probably my David Tennant and Meat Loaf ones because they were my favourites. Oh and maybe my Tom Baker ones as I only got one copy due to one of them not printing out so they sent us through again.

18 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Unless SM offer the digital copies in RAW-format (jpeg I guess) having your own photos scanned with a good scanner makes no difference. I have scanned mine and there are no visable difference, and it also depends on what monitor you use.

For me its a big difference (even Jpeg) when compared to a scan to me eyes :-) each to their own :-)

As you say depends on your equipment etc.. many only use their phones these days to look at photos (never seeing them on a nice quality massive screen to really appriciate them), so I can see why most wouldn't bother with paying for digital images :-)

Photography is my life, I spend so much time taking and editing photos its amazing I am not insane by now haha So believe me quality is of the highest order for me. I feel sad not having the best quality at my finger tips.

RAW would be rather nice :-D but we can dream haha That could cost more :-D