BFI IMAX seating discussion.

The Friendly Dalek

For the Dark Knight IMAX screening, my girlfriend and I have one of the double premium seat things. This is our first time going to the IMAX, and I was wondering if these are good seats. I'm aware of how huge the screen is, so surely being near the back would be best, right? Anyone who has been there before, feel free to give me some advice on where the best seats are so I know for the future. Thanks :D

I don’t know about the BFI one but I use 2 Cineworld IMAX theatres in Edinburgh and Glasgow. I find it’s best to sit just behind the exact middle of the theatre. So not too far forward and not too far back. Edinburgh has 8 rows and I sit in the 5th or 6th. This guarantees the best sound as the digital IMAX sound is very impressive. I’m assuming this is where their premium seating will be located. I would also recommend any movie that is released in IMAX 3D. The immersive experience is incredible. I saw the Dark Knight in IMAX on release. It is great as Chris Nolan is obsessed with the format and pioneered IMAX cameras. He also uses it properly. A lot of “IMAX” releases are normal theatre releases just in a bigger screen. IMAX is so much more than that.

• Like 1