Main Stage Talks.

DullyEL

Just now, DullyEL said:

Were any of the talks filmed and uploaded? Would love to have seen Zachary Levi & Peter Weller talks which I sadly missed.

They usually aren’t as filming isn’t allowed. Showmasters have posted some promo clips before but not the whole talks 

15 minutes ago, benweblight said:

They usually aren’t as filming isn’t allowed. Showmasters have posted some promo clips before but not the whole talks 

Ohhh that confirms it. Thank you :) I'll stop looking. :)

Sadly the rules are never enforced in the talk I see filming going on.

Front row of the David Duchovny paid talk one woman had her phone held high filming it from beginning to end. Much to the irritation of everyone behind with her blinding brightness up full.

It should not be up to other customers who have paid 20 quid to tell her and others off. Staff stared at her (and Davids security!) And none of them told her to stop (or anyone else).

Same in James Caan talk one woman flashed from beginning to end! Even though we were all told no flash after a few minutes.

Argghhh! Selfish people do my head in.

Best one I saw was a talk at DST in 2017 when Marina Sirtis asked a guy in the front to stop filming. He completely ignored her. Grinning away like an idiot holding his camera high blocking people behind from getting a decent view. She got up walked off the stage right up to him, grabbed his camera, snapped it shut and handed it back to him to much applause from the audience!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, RomeroSavini said:

Front row of the David Duchovny paid talk one woman had her phone held high filming it from beginning to end. Much to the irritation of everyone behind with her blinding brightness up full.

I saw that.

I saw that from pretty far in the back, because this woman was caught by the camera which was showing the talk live on the big screen behind Duchovny.  EVERYONE could see this person filming, because her act of filming was itself broadcast large on the big screen.  I was astonished nobody shut her down.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Best one I saw was a talk at DST in 2017 when Marina Sirtis asked a guy in the front to stop filming. He completely ignored her. Grinning away like an idiot holding his camera high blocking people behind from getting a decent view. She got up walked off the stage right up to him, grabbed his camera, snapped it shut and handed it back to him to much applause from the audience!

I'd have loved to see that! Marina is awesome :D and the last person ever you want to ignore when she asks something!

Edited by MarioVl

1 hour ago, Dave[BE] said:

My wife was filming parts of the 'Allo 'Allo talk (I'm a big fan) and she was asked to stop filming. She didn't record the entire talk and was not bothering people sitting behind her (we were sitting on a corner).

We didn't realise it wasn't allowed and of course we stopped immediatly. It was a long day, we travelled from far, it was our first edition.. We just didn't realise we were doing something wrong at the moment.

I've seen signs with "no flash photography", but no signs saying "no filming". Perhaps it goes without saying, but a reminder would be nice. We had a great day, we did not want to cause any trouble. :)

They normally announce it at the beginning of the talk. I want to say they have signs up by the entrances, but I'm not 100% sure on that. As long as you stop when asked, you're not gonna get in trouble for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

We do always announce (well I do) that there is no filming and yes sorry for those that attend lots of talks that get my same spiel everytime!  However we have limited crew who are able to police such things and even a subtle nod from the stage can often go missed.

We ask people not to film as sometimes the actors hold back what they were saying / going to say and the stories you get when filming isn't allowed is often more entertaining.  Many of them ask backstage before hand and you can see some of them visibly relax and become more comfortable.  The idea of an interview or Q+A by themselves can often be a frightening concept especially with so many people watching - others such as Meat Loaf are experts (and yes I did know he was going to tell me to sit down and shut up beforehand).