Jeremy Bulloch announces retirement from conventions

benweblight

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/news/follow-fett/jeremy-bulloch-retirement-announcement/

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to stop attending conventions and hang up the Fett helmet. It has not been an easy decision to make. In 1979 I was called onto the set of Empire Strikes Back to play Boba Fett, and since that day it has changed the entire direction of my life in such a wonderful way. It has been a privilege to have had the opportunity to inspire so many generations of Star Wars fans. I have had over 20 years of travelling with my wife Maureen to some amazing countries and have met so many wonderful fans. Thank you all so much and we will miss you all.

‘May the Force be with you always’

Jeremy

Jeremy will still be taking part in send-in signing if fans still need items signed for their collections. Please send any requests to imperialsignings@hotmail.co.uk.”

From me:

It just won’t be Con without you Jeremy! Always one of the nicest stars you could meet and a fixture of the circuit. He was a true consummate professional Con goer with the aid of his wife Maureen for so many years (as seen in the documentary Elstree 1976). I’m honoured to have met him several times.

Enjoy a well deserved rest sir! You will be missed.

please add your thoughts/memories below 

Edited by benweblight

That's a huge shame :(

Glad I met him in 2016 and got him to sign a Boba Fett print, but I kept telling myself that I had to get a Doctor Who dvd signed by him. I kept delaying it, but looks like I won't have the chance to get it signed now. But hey, I'm glad to have met him once ^_^

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

2 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

That's a huge shame :(

Glad I met him in 2016 and got him to sign a Boba Fett print, but I kept telling myself that I had to get a Doctor Who dvd signed by him. I kept delaying it, but lokks like I won't have the chance to get it signed now. But hey, I'm glad to have met him once ^_^

You can still do a send-in via imperial signings 

Enjoyed meeting him on a couple of occasions. I was going to get a photo with him in the costume at LFCC this year but forgot about it in the mad rush of other guests. Really regretting that now. Great man who genuinely loved the fans. 

Very nice man, Showmasters Events won't be quite the same without seeing Jeremy chatting away, often in front of or at the side of his desk.  He's the first and still only guest to have conversed with me in French (I have no idea why and it was a rather one-sided affair!)

• Like 1