Are you missing the Con?

I can't believe it's only a day gone and I'm already missing the Con... I was walking down the High Street when I saw a long queue standing outside a shop, So I just joined the Queue. I was just nodding to the people in front and behind me.. Smiling. A lady behind me was doing the Crossword, So I snatched the Pen from her and signed her paper.. she was not impressed. We then moved in to the shop as it just opened... We shuffled in. It was a Victoria Secret shop :eek: Well I walked up to the attractive Sales lady, I placed my hoof around her and took out my Camel Mobile Phone.. I said, "Smile" and took the photo... I had to rush to get to the next shop.. Honest it was nothing to do with them saying they were calling the Police.... True Story Comic Con Blues ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've got the boiler and radiators on full, and got really tiny pictures of the guests on my screen, just to replicate the feeling of being in the Autograph hall.

But in all seriousness, its a testament to the show that I already miss it and can't wait until next year already! 

When are we getting some of next year's guests announced? It's only 364 days to go!

Started feeling the post-con blues when I had about 25 miles left to get home, realising that the weekend that took many months of planning and saving have come and gone but left behind many memories that I’ll cherish for a long time.

Edited by Sebster118
  • Like 1

Lol no. If anything I'm relieved it's over.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who suffers social anxiety or gets nervous in crowds or anything like that, and that missing an autograph isn't going to ruin my day/life.

I just got a sense of 'job done' as I was leaving (got all my autographs and single photo done with maximum efficiency) and went home happy. I'm looking forward to the next one, but I'm also not at all sad that this one is over.

• Like 1

The weekend is amazing, I love every minute and am so grateful for all the experiences I've managed to have, but the day after it's all done I'm ready for normality again and wanna be back home again with my hubby and kids <3

• Like 2

Tbh I'm having issues getting over the guests I have met, I have been a huge fan of all of them for several years now and the characters in which they play have grown on me for so long, its still all surreal to me haha. So simply put yes lol

I probably couldn't of asked for a better guest lineup and I'm so glad that only one of them cancelled and I'm so glad it all went really well, great weekend! I really need to find a Tardis and do it all over again haha 

Edited by Sassy1988

I'm missing Costas. D: It's now been over 24 hours since he cuddled me close and told me to be a good girl.

My train from Clapham Junction to MK stopped at Kensington Olympia today and I gazed forlornly out of the window like a child being shipped off to escape the war.

I left home at 3.30am on Friday morning to drive from Scotland to London. Parked the car at the hotel then Uber to the con getting in at 12.30, got back to the hotel at 8pm. The next 2 days were up at 6am full con day back to the hotel with pretty much eat then bed every night. All this done with me on wheelchair pushing duties for the Mrs too. Left the con at 5.30pm on Sunday, Uber to the car and drove home, falling into bed at about 2.30am. Since getting up sometime on Monday I’ve been loving my sofa which I do not intend to spend a lot of time away from for the next few days.

a long way of saying no, I’m not actually missing it ;)

Edited by Ravogd

I was there all 3 days. picked up my gold pass on Thursday so there was no need to on Friday. arrived just after 6am on Friday stood in the gold pass q chatting to various other gold pass attendees wondering who was going to meet who and who had a diamond pass and what they were going to get signed went in at 5 mintues to ten. same happened on Saturday arrived at just after 6am same happened as Friday talking in the q while waiting let in at 5 to nine walked to get vq tickets and a few autographs left just after 6.40pm in the evening. o sunday being me and my brother didn't have many autographs to get on sunday we left a little bit later and was there just after 7am was let int the venue just after 8.30am because of the rain let in just before 9am autographs got by 10am and we left just after midday. now its three days after the con its my first day back to work (had two days off work to recover from the weekend) and I really miss all that walking about looking to see which guests we wanted bumping into fiends we made in the q and some of the sm crew who were great. roll on next year.

Do I miss getting up at a horrendously early hour each day, mainlining painkillers so I can keep going, getting horribly hot and sweaty at times, and worrying whether I'll get everything I want done?  Well, no.  I'm glad something of this scale happens to me just once a year!  But the memories of my encounters there are absolutely priceless.  I'm fondly remembering hanging out with friends and striking up random connections in the many and varied queues.  And of course looking at my photos and autos and grinning like an idiot. ;) 

• Like 2