Christopher Eccleston Appreciation

What a fascinating man. Very lovely to talk to at his autograph table and very keen to do poses in his photoshoot including with Doctor Who props. He also (I hope) seemed to enjoy himself so I really hope this isn't a one time only as he was an absolute joy to meet and the first Doctor in a while I've got nervous (and a little starstruck) at meeting. Simply Fantastic (sorry had to say it).

• Like 3

He was great and very polite and talkative despite the fact that we got him when the rush was just beginning to try and get his Diamonds through after he returned from his PM shoot at about 4.30. Great guest. A lady in front of us said “Thank you so much for coming Chris” to which he replied “no problem.” She then added “Please come back again” and he said “I’ll have to now, that’s me told.”

• Like 5

Yea I agree. Sadly I opted not to buy a DP with him and ended up pre-ordering an autograph instead as at the time I didn't think I would attend the event, so my personal experience was during the photoshoot as that is the only time I managed to see him.

During the photoshoot he was amazing! I was half expecting him to be reserved and not really smiling but he turned out to be so much different, top guy! Managed to get a nice pose during my photoshoot with him, totally surpassed my expectations and I really do hope he returns.

It was wonderful to finally meet him!  So nice and very polite.  Lovely warm handshake.  He also looked great with his red T-shirt setting off his tan.  (Yesss, I was swooning a bit. :P )  I hope he felt comfortable enough to come back to a future event sometime.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CosmicAvatar said:

It was wonderful to finally meet him!  So nice and very polite.  Lovely warm handshake.  He also looked great with his red T-shirt setting off his tan.  (Yesss, I was swooning a bit. :P )  I hope he felt comfortable enough to come back to a future event sometime.

Same (Except for swooning, I don't really do swooning) Great interaction none the less.

Edited by maegurwen
  • Like 1

I agree that Chris was amazing, especially for a first time guest and I do hope many people will get the chance in the future to meet him.... Hey, the most amazing thing right now is that WE small group of people, thanks to Showmasters, are the FIRST IN THE WORLD to have had this convention experience. I for one am extremely grateful for that. A MASSIVE WELL DONE SHOWMASTERS AND THANK YOU CHRIS ECCLESTON. Hope we'll see you again.

• Like 1

I have to say that I was actually afraid to buy a Diamond Pass for Christopher just because I did not know what kind of an experience to expect. So I just sticked to a photoshoot. And oh boy, what a huge  mistake I did! He was so, so lovely! My photo looks great and I am so happy with a quick chat we had.

Thank you Showmasters for bringing Chris in! :wub: I really hope you will manage to get him back someday, if not the next year, then in the next couple of years, or maybe for the 60th anniversary in 2023? :D I would love to get his autograph then, it looked like he enjoyed the event and gave me hope for a fairly quick return...

Here is my experience.

Signing: I got a very hearty Hello nice to meet you, then... a presales dude squeeze in and getting 10 autos in a row, totally annoying Chris and made him do a more sloppy signature cause he got fed up signing, not as talkative. But even so he was polite to me. But that ruined it partly for me cause it just lower his mood...

Photo: Very pleasent! Saying hello, being very friendly. Doing a great smile for me on the photo. 

So I think that he had for the most part a pleasent day. But the vendors and presales ruined things!! 

To sum it up, It was a real nice photo moment. And Signing would have been really nice I think if it wasnt for the sales guy squeezing in.... 

So I hope that he comes back one day!

I just got a photo with him, he didn't say anything to me, but I am not offended by it. Since the photos go by so quickly and he is new to this. He did place his arm around my shoulder and I'm really glad I got to meet him. It's great to hear that he was very pleasant with you folks who got the autograph I do hope he enjoyed himself and realizes how much he is loved in the fandom. 

On 31/07/2018 at 3:16 PM, Wondermoose said:

Here is my experience.

Signing: I got a very hearty Hello nice to meet you, then... a presales dude squeeze in and getting 10 autos in a row, totally annoying Chris and made him do a more sloppy signature cause he got fed up signing, not as talkative. But even so he was polite to me. But that ruined it partly for me cause it just lower his mood...

Photo: Very pleasent! Saying hello, being very friendly. Doing a great smile for me on the photo. 

So I think that he had for the most part a pleasent day. But the vendors and presales ruined things!! 

To sum it up, It was a real nice photo moment. And Signing would have been really nice I think if it wasnt for the sales guy squeezing in.... 

So I hope that he comes back one day!

Couldn't presale person waited for few minutes, as until you get your signature and said goodbye, it should be your time with guest

53 minutes ago, CrazyHorses said:

Couldn't presale person waited for few minutes, as until you get your signature and said goodbye, it should be your time with guest

I think Wonder is saying the pre sales person went in front of him, so not whilst he was up with the guest but just before it was his turn, he slipped in.

Well what can I say I mean he is always my doctor and the most enigmatic doctor in my opinion. It was really fantastic of Chris to do this year's LFCC even if it turns out to be 'probably' his only convention appearance I knew I couldn't miss the chance of meeting him and he didn't disappoint! 

45 minutes ago, MarioVl said:

I'll confess, since he had avoided cons for so long, I had my doubts. Which were dissipated instantly by the dazzling smile with which he greeted everyone at the photoshoot. So happy to have met him!

I was coming from the same angle, tbh. I was a bit nervous about meeting him because of the same reason and because I'd read he had some issues around his role as The Doctor, but that was gone in an instant when he said he loved my Gallifrey University t shirt, I'm so glad I met him now!

• Like 2