Peter Capaldi appreciation

I've been coming to Showmasters events for 7 years now and have probably met around 200(!) guests.  Of all the guests I've met in that time, particularly 'big' guests, I think Peter is now the guest I have been most impressed by, particularly considering the demands on his time at the event and the volume of diamond passes he had to get through (I appreciate it is disappointing for anyone who wanted to meet him using a VQ on both days).

He was great fun at the photoshoot, gave an interesting, genuine and often funny talk, and at the autograph table took time with everyone to accommodate signing requests in all shapes and sizes.  A lot of thought went into dedications etc but he wasn't slow at all, just fully engaged with the experience and there seemed to be no lag in energy.  I finally saw him at around 5pm on Sunday and normally by this stage a 'big' guest would be told to rattle through the signatures with no personalisations in production line 'hi, bye' fashion considering there looked like at least 100 DP holders still to see, but I think his modus operandi stayed the same right up until the last one was signed?

That means a lot to those like me who prefer the autograph to the photograph on balance, so many thanks Peter (and SM)!  If he comes back, get yourselves a diamond pass, you won't regret it.

• Like 7

Peter was really great. I mentioned in another thread that he asked where we were from and complimented our Belfast accents saying he loved the Belfast accent due to how similar the dialect is to the Scottish accent. He seemed to have time to talk to everyone and his photos turned out great because he was willing to do anything asked of him. I also saw him hugging several people at his auto queue, love that and wish I asked for one but he did give me one in my photo!

• Like 2

Peter was awesome in the photo shoot, he was doing doctor who poses with everyone in front of me, when it came to my turn. I said to him I don't know how to pose (I'm awkward in photos) and he said course you can just do this. See you can pose.

I felt for him in the last few hours of signing as he was put under pressure to get through everyone, he genuinely loves his fans and he really wanted to give them time not just a scribble.

I agree with all comments Peter is such a giving human being never too concerned with time constraints, he accommodates everyone and makes people feel at ease around him, thank you to showmasters for getting him at this year's event.

5 hours ago, SamA96 said:

I agree with all comments Peter is such a giving human being never too concerned with time constraints, he accommodates everyone and makes people feel at ease around him, thank you to showmasters for getting him at this year's event.

You pretty much said what I was possibly trying to write. In some cases I would go as far as to pinch a word of the 9th Doctor and say that he was Fantastic. Talk was brilliant.

5 hours ago, barrowman_angel said:

he was genuinely one of the best guests but only annoying thing was he gelled his hair back what was with that? i prefer him with is fluffy hair like he had on saturday 

It was a blessing that we could witness both his hairstyles tbh :P I was glad he gelled his hair so my photos from Saturday and Sunday look different, too ;)

Btw as I’ve already said, Peter was the absolute best guest I’ve ever meet. Such a genuine person, so passionate and empathetic, so caring and understanding of his fans. He totally gets how important these events (and fandoms in general) are for us because he’s a massive geek, too. All the Doctor Who guests I’ve meet were amazing, but for what I’ve seen Peter really went the extra mile to connect with everyone.

• Like 3

Peter Capaldi is a model human being, I wish there were more people in the world like him, had such a great experience with him in the photoshoot, talk and autograph sessions, he is one of the nicest actors I’ve met and to even be in the same room as him let alone have him look at me and talk to me was an honour! Peter was great with his fans and took time with everyone, personalised autographs with names and quotes and did brilliant poses in the photoshoot as well. Rarely was there a time he wasn’t smiling, I could tell he was happy to be there surrounded by his fans because he knows what it’s like to be a Doctor Who fan himself. Even though I barely had five minutes with him, those memories will last forever and he made my time with him so special just by smiling, I could tell even though he’s left the show that Doctor Who is still in his heart, there were times when it felt like he was being Peter Capaldi and the Doctor at the same time, like they never were two different people, the Doctor is him and he’s the Doctor!

So yeah I’ve just realised how long this is so I’m going to shut up now or I’ll never stop! :P

• Like 6

He was amazing. I walked in to the shoot like a deer in headlights (I had never done this type of events). I gave him an awkward hug like an automaton which he kindly accepted. He then told me how to pose because he probably saw me overwhelmed and confused. I appreciated that he just took control and helped me out in such a nice manner. Later at autographs, we chatted for a bit and I just think that he is the sweetest man. An unforgettable experience.

Edited by Beepages
Spelling
  • Like 1

Peter is simply amazing. My two best experiences of this year are from both his photoshoot on Saturday and autograph on Sunday. Those little things that happened, that I do not quite want to share ( :D ), made my experience so unique and nice. He was totally worth the amount I paid for his Diamond Pass. Thank you for getting him, Showmasters. Thank you ;)