Edward James Olmos - refunds?

1 hour ago, amandajane7775 said:

I email the address you posted above about my Megan refund and they have responded saying:

"Hello Amanda,

I'm sorry for any confusion here, but hopefully I can clarify. Eventbrite is an online software tool that organisers all over the world can use to sell tickets to their events. We are a self-service tool, meaning the organiser sets up their entire event page and executes all of the event management through our service.

This means we can't provide additional details about your refund, but you can reach out to the organiser directly by following the directions in this Help Centre article."

Please can anyone advise me of what to do now?

Please wait why I go against my Doctor's instructions and do some serious yelling at Eventbrite.

I mentioned the queries here, was told "if you could forward any attendee queries regarding the Megan Fox refund issue to assistance @ eventbrite.com that would be great! We will then reach out to the attendees individually. "

I told them I would ask everyone to E-Mail instead because I am not on the store System and all I could do was sent screenshots from here - sending the E-Mail addresses to find the orders did not work - and that was approved.

I do not have the faintest idea why that Reply was sent now. I mean, they did reach out individually I guess, but that was not the Reply I (or you) was expecting.

11 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I do not have the faintest idea why that Reply was sent now. I mean, they did reach out individually I guess, but that was not the Reply I (or you) was expecting.

I had an email back with the words:

“Eventbrite is a ticketing tool used by third-party organizers to manage events. This means we can’t issue refunds from the organizer's account.”

I’m a little puzzled by this :huh:

13 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I mentioned the queries here, was told "if you could forward any attendee queries regarding the Megan Fox refund issue to assistance @ eventbrite.com that would be great! We will then reach out to the attendees individually. "

I told them I would ask everyone to E-Mail instead because I am not on the store System and all I could do was sent screenshots from here - sending the E-Mail addresses to find the orders did not work - and that was approved.

lol, definitely not the answer I was looking for but like you say, at least they replied..  Should I just wait a few more days and see what happens? 

5 minutes ago, Khalessi Kate said:

I had an email back with the words:

“Eventbrite is a ticketing tool used by third-party organizers to manage events. This means we can’t issue refunds from the organizer's account.”

I’m a little puzzled by this :huh:

Yes, I am puzzled by this Statement too, but unfortunately I am not familiar enough to explain what exactly they mean. If they can't issue refunds from the Organisers Account then where the *bleep* the Sam Neill (and others) refunds have been coming from? :WINCE:

All I know is that Standard procedure I already outlined: SM tell Eventbrite to refund, Eventbrite refund, System sends out e-mails.

5 minutes ago, amandajane7775 said:

lol, definitely not the answer I was looking for but like you say, at least they replied..  Should I just wait a few more days and see what happens? 

I did yell at them (and very sternly told them some customers have announced they will be contacting their Banks tomorrow) right away when I read your message. Usually they Reply within a couple of hours. That is if they are still talking to me.

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, I am puzzled by this Statement too, but unfortunately I am not familiar enough to explain what exactly they mean. If they can't issue refunds from the Organisers Account then where the *bleep* the Sam Neill (and others) refunds have been coming from? :WINCE:

All I know is that Standard procedure I already outlined: SM tell Eventbrite to refund, Eventbrite refund, System sends out e-mails.

I did yell at them (and very sternly told them some customers have announced they will be contacting their Banks tomorrow) right away when I read your message. Usually they Reply within a couple of hours. That is if they are still talking to me.

Eventbrite have always been really good with all this.  I've never had a problem before.  I usually receive an email and then funds a couple of days after.   Very strange...  

I really appreciate your help with this @Queen_Sindel

I think this "accidental partial refund" part has really thrown them off the track totally. :/

I did do follow up yelling after I saw Khalessi Kate's post and have asked them what they want me to do to get this fixed. It may end up I am e-Mailing you and collecting all info, but if that gets you your Money so be it. They can't send you guys running around in circles like this.

QS would you kindly contact the office and ask Stuart to pick up my email sent earlier regarding £500 taken from my credit card twice for £500 of autograph vouchers on Friday.

tried to call office but rings once then disconnects my call all the time.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Bingo Boy said:

QS would you kindly contact the office and ask Stuart to pick up my email sent earlier regarding £500 taken from my credit card twice for £500 of autograph vouchers on Friday.

tried to call office but rings once then disconnects my call all the time.

Thank you

You e-mailed from the address you registered on the forum with?

1 hour ago, robmoriarty said:

Feel for everyone having issues, I really do. I must have been lucky this year, all refunds have come back in correct amounts. This last one has just landed in my account, hope everyone else's arrives in short order. 

Think of me pal £500 out of pocket due to Olympia not allowing Showmasters to use the in house wifi on Friday.

The card machine kept swirling away for ages and the sales person gave up after it never issued a ticket from the printer , put it through again which then went through only to find 1K debited from my account when checked !

Need serious help with this one QS because it is a very large sum of money.

Edited by Bingo Boy

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

BingoBoy - you may have already done so, but if you haven't done this yet please send a copy of your Banking Statement showing the double Charge to the shop address. Also a scan of any Kind of receipt you were given.

Hi QS ..... I have rang the CC company this morning and they have given me the authorisation codes for both transactions and they are only 1 minute apart.

Have you any idea why no one is picking up the phone in the office ?

Will take a screen grab and email it to them later this morning with the times and codes .... can you advise this needs addressing ASAP please.

Authorisation Code sounds perfect! That Screen cap and the receipt for the Transaction that went through should work.

I am not in the Office so sorry, no idea. I can only assume with those temperatures Jason and Mark told People to work from a cooler place if possible.

10 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Authorisation Code sounds perfect! That Screen cap and the receipt for the Transaction that went through should work.

I am not in the Office so sorry, no idea. I can only assume with those temperatures Jason and Mark told People to work from a cooler place if possible.

The little white sheet that comes out of the printer on the sales desk failed to pop out of the machine hence why they put it through a second time.

Don't know if I have the one copy that did come out on the second attempt still QS.

I understood you did not receive two, this is why I asked for the receipt "from the Transaction that went through". Please go looking for it, this was specifically requested. The Codes may be what they want from it, but as I am not working for the store I have no idea.

I'm afraid I have told you all I can tell and there is nothing I can do further. You have to wait now for someone with store/credit Card Access to get back to you.

Just to repeat a Little broken record since I was yelled at again by someone trying to get the info for the Megan Fox refunds:

1. I do not work in the SM Office, I am a volunteer. I am not even in the UK.

2. I do not have any Access whatsoever to the store System, by some miracle Eventbrite are talking to me about refunds.

3. I have just come home from the second Hospital stay in as many weeks. Technically I should be resting now, but I am trying to help solving Things here because I am totally Aware that some attendees have had quite an amount of Money deducted from their refunds which should not have happened. Still everyone, I can't be around 24/7 even if I am healthy. I am working as fast as I can and definitely faster than I should. Yelling at me how urgent this is and that you want your Money back OMG now is NOT going to speed Things up - see 1. and 2. for the reasons. Unless someone wants to cover expenses for a medical flight to the UK for me and a Nurse you will have to be Patient a bit longer.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TheShamelessOne said:

can somebody help me getting refunds 

Why not just add the order number for this one to your post in the Megan thread?  Keep it all together and Queen doesn't have to look through separate threads then Shameless.